Are you productive with your OSx86?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Metrogirl

Metrogirl

Resistance is futile...

• Retired
  • 1,177 posts
OSx86 isn't a viable alternative for me right now because of what I do with computers for a living. I need speed (don't we all? :angry: ), reliability and full hardware/software support. OSx86 is getting there but it's not quite ready for me ... since I have a real Mac and an XP machine I'll be sticking to those for serious stuff.

I will probably be installing it on my tiny Sony VAIO ultralight once the hardware support is there (not a chance at the moment) and then I won't have to lug around my pretty but heavy Powerbook. Then I'll be productive!

The Chazinator

The Chazinator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I am about to make the switch over, but there are a few things holding me back:

Wireless isn't working for some reason (Belkin F5D7050 v3000 USB Wireless Card), even though other people have gotten this to work.

Sound drivers won't turn off my laptop speakers, so I can't use headphones and listen to music privately.

However, I still need a Windows install on my computer because I'm an engineering major (Comp Eng) and in our cirriculum we use SolidWorks and a couple of other Windows-only tools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy