Install osx86 onVMWare 5.5.3

10 posts in this topic

Hello

I am wanting to install a osx86 VMWare image in VMware and have not had any success yet. :thumbsup_anim:

It just wants no network boot, even after changing to CD rom in the BIOS !

I have mounted the image tiger-x86-flat.img with damon tools to G: drive and used the same in the VM machine. Nothing loads?!

Are there any special tricks to it. I have done quite a few trials with Windows and linux on VmWare and where working nicely.

Would like to try OSX before I am intend to buy a MAC(maybe).

Any help regarding the installation of the osx in VMWARE is very much appreciated..

Thanks NT

Hi

Any chances that someone could give a hand.

I am also not to sure if the image I have:tiger-x86-flat.img is the right to mount with damon tools?

Creating the new disk and edit it in VmWare seems to go ok.

Just nothing there when I want to load the osx?!

NT

LinkFreak, Thanks

All I want to do is this

For some reason the image is not loaded on the virtual drive when I want to start/load it up in VmWare??

Any one who would have some spare time to go through with me? Can I actualy load that image in VmWare?

Thanks

NT

psychopath

Thanks for that!

I have installed the MacOSX_10.4.6DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso and so far so good.

I struggle to get the networkgoing and the change of the display going.

Network card is a Network Adapter 3Com 3C910 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3CSOHO100B-TX Compatible)

and the display of the main machine is RADEON 9600 SERIES

Have you any ideas around this?

Thanks

No prob :).

You'll probably need Callisto to change the resolution for that card. Or manually edit com.apple.Boot.plist. Networking might work by installing another driver (don't know which for that card).

No prob :( .

You'll probably need Callisto to change the resolution for that card. Or manually edit com.apple.Boot.plist. Networking might work by installing another driver (don't know which for that card).

psychopath

Thanks for that!

And have you any suggestion where I can find Callisto?

Also does it change solely the VmWare OSX or does it change the card of the host machine?

Meanwhile the network works perfectly!

Regards

NT

Omni's Callisto page is here. Although now that I think about it, it probably won't help inside VMWare, since the video card OS X will see is the emulated VMWare card, not your Radeon.

and how do I edit the VmWare card to change the display?

Do I need to change in the vmx file, though I have not seen anything regarding the display there that could be changed?

So where does that leave me??

Thanks

NT