Mac osx problems Recovery of files

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Okay I am dual booting mac OSX 4.8 and Vista

It worked fine, so I decided to go for qe/ci

I downloaded a program to patch my ATI kexts and when I boot up mac I get something like 4 screens, on one.

Now I can re-install mac, thats fine and peachy. My Problem is that I have a bunch of files I need to recover from mac if I reinstall it. I dual boot mac on an external hard drive if that helps, and I have MacDrive, but my trial is up, and I'd rather not forgo the extra $50 lol, unless I have to.

Any ideas on recovering my files?

I think you should boot from your install dvd and simply replace the faulty file.

If your partition is faulty you could make a clone of your partition onto an external drive (doesn't need to have the exact same size) using something like Norton Ghost, for example, reinstall OSX again and then simply read the files back from the external one again.

Cheers,

hecker

• 1 year later...

I have recently lost my data from my Mac hard drive. I have used Stellar Phoenix Macintosh data recovery software to recover my lost data. This software has GUI interface and very easy to use. This software demo version is free in which you can see the preview of your recoverable data and check the software recovery capability. You can try this software to recover your lost data.