osx4everyone

28 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, I've been going through the search results your web link points to for a while and I really can't find anything that supports your statements unless you count speculation. I am afraid if you want me to understand your viewpoints, you are going to have to spell it out for me, I am not a mind reader.

As I was going through random page after page it occurred to me that many articles were decrying that piracy would destroy Apple, yet completely ignored the facts that OSX is continuing to be pirated on a scale it has never been before AND Apple is selling Macintoshs and gaining in market share hitting numbers they have never hit before.

Anyways it reminded me of a few things.

In an article in the Journal of Political Economy by Felix Oberholzer-Gee and Koleman Stumpf they look at file sharing of music and its impact on sales of albums and conclude that there is likely no effect of downloading on sales.

Rufus Pollock states in P2P, Online File-Sharing, and the Music Industry "The basic result is that online illegal file-sharing probably has some negative impact on traditional sales but the effect is appears to be quite small."

Those, are just a couple examples, but research seems to indicate that piracy has little impact on intellectual property sales.

Guest Ramm

Let's keep the answer short and simple.

I don't want to sign your silly petition (and it's an online one, no less!).