Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

Attached kext for You.

Use steps described by me above to install. And don't forget to refresh your kext cache!

Good luck!

NB! for the others: this was made specifically for BCM5754 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:167a].

Hi.

Please, Can you upload the file again??

The link is not working since the file seems to be deleted...

Thanks

The links are down, and I cannot access the website with that driver for the 5754.

This really is a bummer, considering the two weeks (!) I spent working on creating a bootable Hack OS X flash drive doesn't have any internet.

Any suggestions as to where I can find the kext?

Hey AA, great work! Great help....

Unfortunately I cannot seem to find a working link to the 5752 0x1600 kext, could you repost, that would be grand...

thx,

Hi loplop,

try this link, or the one from my signature.

Just checked – both links are 100% working.

Good luck!

Hi,

I am using: iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6 ppf5 and my problem is to get my integrated ethernet card working:

I have partly read this threads but I cannot really find what to do.

Please help me:

I have a NetXtreme BCM5755 Gigabit Ehternet PCI Express

linux shows: pci_14e4_167b thats what I need? my mac address? right? what do I have to do now with these information?

thx

I'm running the same on my D630 and I need some help :[

Hi loplop,

try this link, or the one from my signature.

Just checked – both links are 100% working.

Good luck!

morning,

BCM 0x1600 works instantly ! Great work! You've solved the lives of a bunch of us...

My D600 is now working at best in just under 10 hours folling around. My $15 dell WiFi is comming in the mail and I just need to solve ACPI/Speedstep which works but keeps my fan running. I am just about to have a usefull work environement now, thanks again.

Will be posting my notes shortly.

Have a BCM5754 - 14e4_dev167a / broadcom 57xx

I tried editing plists before and using hex fiend but the lines dont look like anything thats been said before.

Current MAC address is all 0's

I know actual address anyone got a kext file they used? or will i stop looking ive spent two days and cant find anyway around it.

:)

OK. Let's see...

When downloaded this .zip with kext – You need to extract it to some folder. Lets say – folder named Net on Desktop.

1. Double check if you have any kexsts named AppleBCM5751Ethernet in "/System/Library/Extensions". Delete if found any.

2. Open terminal. Enter following command (each line ends with pressing "Enter"):

sudo -s

<Your root password>

cp -r -v ~Desktop/Net/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext /S*/L*/E*/IONet*/C*/Plug*/

rm -f /S*/L*/Extensions.mkext

3. Open "Disk Utility" from Utilities, choose system drive and press "Repair permissions"

When all is done – may reboot.

That's all. If nothing's happen – provide Your "gmesg" output.

One more thing: this file suits and reported working ONLY for BCM5752 14e4:1600. But steps to install - are common.

Good luck

hi all,

I'm unable to download this attachment,

is this link still working?

regards

Marco

finally found a kext for the 5751 that seems to work. However while I can get to stuff internally, I can not get past the router. I notice the mac address is all 0's. And I can not figure out how to set it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thx, Tom.

Anyone else getting this at boot:

Nov 28 01:37:10 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 InitNVRam - found non-5701 with serial eeprom or unbuffered flash

Nov 28 01:37:10 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 getAdapterInfo - init/sanity check of nvram failed

Nov 28 01:37:10 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 start - getAdapterInfo failed, giving up

AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext is loading, but something about the actual hardware is not jiving. Any ideas?

op

So, here it is: 0x14e4:0x1673

How to install:

- remove all occurrences of AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext from both /System/Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

- extract attached .zip anywhere (let's say - to the Desktop) and make sure this is the only file, starting with the "AppleB"

- in terminal:

sudo -s

<root password>

cp -r -v ~Desktop/AppleB* /S*/L*/E*/IONet*/C*/Plug*/

rm -v /S*/L*/E*.mke*

diskutil repairpermissions /

reboot

Then boot with the "-v" switch and post here all occurrencies with the "AppleBCM5751Ethernet"

Update: this is only a HACK. No warranties then.

And DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU MODIFY!!!

Attached kext for 0x14e4:0x167b

Try it and post reply.

I want to get ethernet working on my Dell sx280, it's a Broadcom 57xx with device id 1677. Which file should I use and what should I edit? with stock kexts it isn't even listed under ehternet connections. (I'm running 10.5.6 btw)

• 2 weeks later...
Have a BCM5754 - 14e4_dev167a / broadcom 57xx

I tried editing plists before and using hex fiend but the lines dont look like anything thats been said before.

Current MAC address is all 0's

I know actual address anyone got a kext file they used? or will i stop looking ive spent two days and cant find anyway around it.

hi, got the same problem

mine is BCM5752 - 14e4 1600

could you point me to the the hex editing post ?

Hello everybody,

i was trying leo4allv3final on my dell latitude D630. all installation went fine but network card was not recognized initially.

i tried AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext for the Broadcom5755 gig card and it worked very well.

thanks now i am connected

Hey,

Has anyone successfully installed the driver for device id 167b? Like others, I installed the specific kext file for 167b from this topic. I even got the MAC address correctly, but the network doesn’t seem work at all, from manual IP configuration to DHCP.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lucas

Hi all :D

I've got a Dell Precision T7400 workstation, and finally get its broadcom 5754 working :P

(with window$ installed, i find that inside T7400 is a 5754, and probably share more or less the same hardware with a no. of dell products, one of these is the XPS 1730 laptop in the 2nd link below, the only difference being on T7400 the device id is 167a, not 1672)

post-136853-1240736014_thumb.jpg

post-136853-1240736029_thumb.jpg

i get the 2 kexts from here

then modify with ref. to this post

first, i replace 167d with 167a in BOTH the info.plist inside

"AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext"

AND

"AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext inside IONetworkingFamily.kext"

second, with hex editor,

replace all "66 81 FA 7D 16" with "66 81 FA 7A 16",

then "F8 08 75 59" with "F8 08 74 59" of only AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext/Content/MacOs/AppleBCM5751Ethernet

(i once tried doing the hex replacement also on AppleBCM5751Ethernet inside IONetworkingFamily.kext, but this causes KP)

install the 2 kexts, then the usual repair permissions/clear cache/rebuild cache/touch extensions folder housekeeping stuff :P

reboot, boom! an ethernet adaptor appears in system pref.! :P

i have no problem with the mac address being all 00000000 :P

with DHCP, connect to router and internet fine~ :P

10.6 will probably break sth but who cares now :hysterical:

:hysterical:thx for sharing all these wonderful stuff, you guys rock!!! cheers!!! :D