Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

OK,

I've attached my modified kext file. It may work for BCM5787 (device id 1693), because I made additional modifications to try to make it work as well, but I can't promise anything since I only have a BCM5755M (device id 1673) and I know it is already working perfectly with that.

Noah

cool!!!

it works!

I love you so much!

Thanks Noahbody, robydream et al. for the perfect work.

On my Lenovo ThinkPad r61i the modified Broadcom Netlink Gigabit BCM5787 patched kext works absolutely fine. Previous patches only allowed network traffic for a few minutes. Now, the LAN connection holds stable across all speeds (10/100/1000 mbps).

Thanks again for the hard work and the numerous hours of testing. But, I guess, in the end it was worth it. :)

========

Lenovo ThinkPad r61i

2 Gb RAM

Iatkos 4i

OSX 10.5.4

Hi Noah and everbody

Do you help for my?

My card is Broadcom 5755, but i can`t made correct kext. Card ID: 167b

You can make and upload a kext?

Thanks

Hi All

I install kalyway 10.5.2, network card don`t work.

i install broadcom and IONetworking(kext) from JaS 10.5.4 (patch`s folder in DVD/system/.......

String include in AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.

System profile show 5755 (en0), and show thw real MAC address. I set DHCP first and i set manual IP secund, but both don`t work.

any good idea?

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH , NOW I HAVE MY NET AND MAC ADDRESS YAY !!!

14E4 1600 WORKS PERFCTLY LOL XD LOVE YOU noahbody99's

but it seems to be abit slow ...

Umm... Can U tell me how to make D620's sound working? :blink: Please!

All i have achieved - is int. mic working and int. speakers working even with headphones attached...

Or, maybe post Your AppleHDA.kext (and BCM57xx.kext)?

:)

Thanks!

Thanks to Loepere's previous post, I was able to get the Broadcom BCM 5755M (device id 1673) working flawlessly on my Dell Latitude D830 running Leopard 10.5.4 (no more GSOD or "freezing" after limited use).

I used EternalEmpty's AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext (downloaded BCM57XX.zip from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...114605&st=0). I followed the directions in the tutuorial.

I then changed the entry in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

pci14e4,167d to pci14e4,1673 (my device id)

Then I copied /System/Library/Extensions/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleBCM5751Ethernet to my home folder so I could edit it with Hexedit, and replaced all occurrences:

"66 81 FA 7D 16" with "66 81 FA 73 16"

to match my device id.

Note: I did not change address 37554, 37555 of "75 71" to "EB 71" to bypass the call to InitNVRam - I left it as it should be ("75 71").

And now here is the elusive solution...

I located the section BCM5751Enet::getAdapterInfo and found the identical code which Loepere refers to. I changed "jne L1" into a "je L1" which using Hexedit simply translates to:

address 376C0: replace "F8 08 75 59" with "F8 08 74 59"

Copied the modified AppleBCM5751Ethernet back to the original location in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext/Contents/MacOS.

MAC address gets assigned correctly to en0, and DHCP works perfectly.

You're THE MAN!!!

An hour ago got my BCM5752 (pci14e4,1600) working like a charm: MAC's - OK, DHCP's - OK, 100M/1000M - OK!!!

For those, desperate Dell Latitude D620 owners, or who esle, by the chance, owns this card - attached 100% working kext.

NB! Place this kext to /System/Library/Extensions AND to the "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins" folder

Do not forget to DELETE existing kext, and "chown/chmod/repare perms" of course!

I'm so happy, 'coz at workplace we don't have WiFi, and at last i can use MY OWN laptop instead this terrible monster, i have here...

:huh:

(sorry for my english)

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

Can anyone help? for Broadcom BCM5906m pci14e4 0x1713

i've edited info.plist of AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext, added that id above <string>pci14e4 , 1713</string> and did all other commands posted here to get it work.. but still it doesnt work.. anyone can help me ?

Laptop is Lenovo N200 0769 EMG

Hy....i have a BCM5787 (device id1693) ant tryed your kext but it does not work...in console is writing....

InitNVRam..magic constant not found..and LAN card is not found...

Then i found in order the BCM5787 to be recognized is to be set address 37554, 37555 of "75 71" to "EB 71" (This change causes the call to InitNVRam to be bypassed, which is why the MAC address does not get picked up)...

When i have changed it to "75 71" The Card could not be recognized end error,when set to "EB 71" card is recignized, but without MAC and Device and Manufacturer name is Unknown.... (Your kext has set it to "EB 70" so is not recognized)

I have the replaced address 376C0: replace "F8 08 75 59" with "F8 08 74 59" and is the same...no MAC but DHCP work great!

I have modify kext with "75 71" to bypass InitNVRam and recognize BCM5787, and replace "F8 08 75 59" with "F8 08 74 59"... this last step is for not freezing card..i have tested it and no problem at all...

So please...download modified kext and post your comment if is freezing or not...

Many thanks people for patching informations...

This works on my ACER Aspire 4310 BCM5787M NIC... Can the MAC address be hardcoded on this kext? Just like nobb1x did on his kext which is also running fine on my laptop but.... it must be on promiscuous mode which makes me a little paranoid -_-

Great work! :P

Thanks!

This works on my ACER Aspire 4310 BCM5787M NIC... Can the MAC address be hardcoded on this kext? Just like nobb1x did on his kext which is also running fine on my laptop but.... it must be on promiscuous mode which makes me a little paranoid :D

Great work! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks!

What makes you paranoid about promiscuous mode? Do you even know what that is....? :rolleyes:

AFAIK it can compromise the security of the network, please correct me if I'm wrong.

a network card basically looks at a packet and checks if the destination MAC address matches it's own. If it does, it passes the packet up in the stack, if it doesn't, it just discards it. In promosicuous mode, it basically doesn't care what the destintation MAC is, and takes all packets it sees. This mode is the one that programs such as packet capture software put your card into. No problem with that at all.... (except maybe a bit more work work for the stack, but if you're behind a swtich or router it won't matter cause all you'll get is basically packets destined to you anyway...)

Later!

Works for Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet BCM5754 on my XPS 1730. Hardware Id: pci14e4,1672

Heres what I did:

1. move AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/

2. su

3. vi /System/Library/Extensions/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext/Content/Info.plist

...<string>pci14e4,167d</string>

becomes...

...<string>pci14e4,1672</string>

4. Install a hex editor. Edit /System/Library/Extensions/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext/Content/MacOs/AppleBCM5751Ethernet

Replace all occurences of 66 81 FA 7D 16 with 66 81 FA 72 16

Replace "F8 08 75 59" with "F8 08 74 59" <---This prevented system freeze after a minute

5. chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

6. chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

7. reboot

9. You will have a MAC address of 00:00:00:00:00:00 But it doesnt matter.

This works on my ACER Aspire 4310 BCM5787M NIC... Can the MAC address be hardcoded on this kext? Just like nobb1x did on his kext which is also running fine on my laptop but.... it must be on promiscuous mode which makes me a little paranoid ;)

Great work! :)

Thanks!

In my case i have exactly same problem that you, and too my laptop no sleep when i use this or the other version (the promics mode), i think that you can try this:

Set MAC address is done by reading your MAC address in windows (ipconfig /all) and the use hex editor and at position 9c00 and 9c20 9c30... changing values of 00 to your real MAC adress...

That's force of kext to use your MAC address, but does not reading your MAC adress however it works fine for me....

Hardcode the driver is mystery becuse you need to rewrote whole function InitVram...and becuse I/O registers and memory allocations are not same for these two devices BCM5787 and BCM5751 it needs to rewrite a whole driver...

If you want you can grab linux driver for BCM5787 and write for your device kext using tools in MAC OS X...but knowledge of C/C++ is more that important to know...

So...i have set manual mac address by hex edition the kext and have discontinuited to research in other way of getting MAC automaticly...for me works manual method...

it is not clear for me (this was take from a PM)

Regards.

Set MAC address is done by reading your MAC address in windows (ipconfig /all) and the use hex editor and at position 9c00 and 9c20 9c30... changing values of 00 to your real MAC adress...

That's force of kext to use your MAC address, but does not reading your MAC adress however it works fine for me....

Hardcode the driver is mystery becuse you need to rewrote whole function InitVram...and becuse I/O registers and memory allocations are not same for these two devices BCM5787 and BCM5751 it needs to rewrite a whole driver...

If you want you can grab linux driver for BCM5787 and write for your device kext using tools in MAC OS X...but knowledge of C/C++ is more that important to know...

So...i have set manual mac address by hex edition the kext and have discontinuited to research in other way of getting MAC automaticly...for me works manual method...

There's a lot of 00 occurrences on those positions I think more than 10, MAC address only has 6.

Thanks!

You're THE MAN!!!

An hour ago got my BCM5752 (pci14e4,1600) working like a charm: MAC's - OK, DHCP's - OK, 100M/1000M - OK!!!

For those, desperate Dell Latitude D620 owners, or who esle, by the chance, owns this card - attached 100% working kext.

NB! Place this kext to /System/Library/Extensions AND to the "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins" folder

Do not forget to DELETE existing kext, and "chown/chmod/repare perms" of course!

I'm so happy, 'coz at workplace we don't have WiFi, and at last i can use MY OWN laptop instead this terrible monster, i have here...

;)

(sorry for my english)

Thanks a lot. Wired Ethernet was the last annoyance on D620, and with your kext it works flawlessly. Appreciate your effort.

Now if I can get mute working..... :(

Thanks a lot. Wired Ethernet was the last annoyance on D620, and with your kext it works flawlessly. Appreciate your effort.

Now if I can get mute working..... ;)

You're welcome!

No mute for me either. ^_^

But today i did codec dump with Fedora 10 Live CD (it's different from that, given me by Knoppix), and patched with Taruga's 1.20 patch again.

Result - i got speakers, headphones, internal mic and SPDIF out.

;)

Hi all, i did the change of dev id, it works to the extend that my card shows connected but if i pull the network cable it still shows it is connected. when i ifconfig it show network down. I have a dell latitude d830 with broadcom netxtreme 57xx network card.

Thank you

You're welcome!

No mute for me either. ;)

But today i did codec dump with Fedora 10 Live CD (it's different from that, given me by Knoppix), and patched with Taruga's 1.20 patch again.

Result - i got speakers, headphones, internal mic and SPDIF out.

;)

So with the new codec dump, is the mute working? If so can you please share the codec dump.

THanks a lot. :D