Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

boombeng, thanks for the reply.

at 2e900 my kext looks nothing like that one.

If it is not much trouble, can you attach one that would work for me?

Broadcom 5754 10/100/1000 card.

Thanks for the time.

at 2e900 my kext looks nothing like that one.

Hi,

If you didn't already try, in HexEdit options, don't use Decimal Adress...

If doesn't work, it means the kexts is too much different, and i don't know how to find the good line

okay. I did find the Apple BCM5754 kext, however, it is not as clean a solution as i want. I will revisit trying to get the onboard nic working but in the meantime I will just get a realtek 8169 gigabit card.

Thanks.

Hola, this was the post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=924258

i did it, but it apply only at my 5787 modified kext, because all the GetHardwareAddress function was rewritten.

The standard 5701 Apple kext don't contain that code.

@Shortbus, if you revise it to get the macaddress from the card,(good luck!) you have to successfully pass the NVram check, it fails on all the cards other than 5701 because it look for a "magic" value, and because the card return a bad/false value, all the nvram check/init fail. Maybe any model of broadcom lan card has its nvram located in memory and different in size from eachother, just wondering.That's why all the patched kexts has the nvram check/init disabled and 00 macaddress. (beside other things, like no unload, no sleep)

I miss a debugger like Softice in macos, if a such software will exist all the things could be easier.

А.Д.

Long time no see pal!

I actually haven't messed around with my dell precision 390 in while... but i do have two lingering problems. The first is still with the Ethernet. Now the kext you provided for me with the hex edit works in the sense that eth0 says connected. Now im using this in a work environment, on a domain with a Domain Controller, etc. I manually assigned an ip address and all the other info it needed, but i cannot connect tot he internet or the network. Now i also tried the following... i have a router that allows internet through a broadband aircard, which i connected to the ethernet port, and manually assigned an IP and it worked! so its something with my network here at work, and im wondering if its because i have no MAC address?? Any ideas??

PS I tried to configure the MAC address based on the previous posts, but it seems to be too different, when i view it in hex edit with our 5751 file.

Thanks again pal!

Hi everyone i recently installed mac osx using kalway disc 10.5.2 and everything ok exept for the network i can not get it to work i followed many posts here but with no success i own a Broadcom 5754 card, can anyone advice me in the right direction please?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Please help with link to kext for this:: 14e4:1674 "BCM5756ME NetExtreme Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express" for my Precision M6300 which has virtually everything else working after Iatkos 4.0i install.

Any help would be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
i have the BroadCom 57XX Gigabit controller (not sure if it is 5701 or 5751) and i patched and installed the kext. It says the kext is successfully loaded but the ehternet option is still grayed out in System preferences.

Yes me to the same modem.

I got a DELL D610 and have installed iATKOS v3 5.5 on it.

I looked at all the solutions about making the LAN work here and tried them all but can not get it to work.

Does anyone made it work with DELL D610?

VenId: 14e4, DevId: 1677

Please post kext or exact steps here.

Thanks in advance

Whew - after working with this OSX86 stuff for 3 days, I'm exhausted. I'm a 10 year linux admin, so it's like learning Portuguese after knowing Spanish - general ideas are the same, but just different enough to give you pause...

Anyways, I have a Dell XPS m170, and have iATKOS 5i running on it. Since it's a laptop, I'd rather not have to add a different NIC to the setup. Also, S3 sleep is a must for me.

If I'm understanding correctly, my built in NIC should be supported out of the box - PCI ID is 14e4:165E. I've verified that PCI ID in the stock Info.plist, and it's there. However, in dmesg I get:

AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 getAdapterInfo - init/sanity check of nvram failed

What is the sanity check looking for?

Now, I've tested EternalEmpty's kext, and it does work, but with a zeroed MAC and no sleep. So, is it possible for me to hex edit my own kext that will give me a MAC on boot + sleep functionality?

FYI: Here's the lspci -nn output:

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5705M_2
Gigabit Ethernet [14e4:165e] (rev 03)

Following different posts in this topic I was able to get to a point where I can see the ethernet card (BCM5755), it shows connected but ifconfig en0 shows no ip address

If I do networksetup I see my ip address which I setup manually.

Also netstat -nr shows only loopback route (127.0.0.1)

Any suggestions, how to get this working?

Btw ... I do see the correct mac address when I do ifconfig (so it's not the all-zeros issue).

HELPPP i've been reading the post thousand of times and most of the link are down!! i have iatkos v5 installed sucsessfully and my broadcom ether card is

ven . 14e4

devid. 1693

i havent found anyone making this card work!! is anyone out there that can help me???? ???? ??? ?? ???

please!E!!!

HELPPP i've been reading the post thousand of times and most of the link are down!! i have iatkos v5 installed sucsessfully and my broadcom ether card is

ven . 14e4

devid. 1693

i havent found anyone making this card work!! is anyone out there that can help me???? ???? ??? ?? ???

please!E!!!

This should be OK :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=904641

Hi All,

Sorry to add the same question again, but I'm trying to get a 5754 in a Dell Optiplex 745 working. I've seen some posts in this thread from AA and others who soud like they've got it working, but not all the steps are documented.

If anyone can help out, it'd be greatly appreciated!

munky

Hi,

I am using: iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6 ppf5 and my problem is to get my integrated ethernet card working:

I have partly read this threads but I cannot really find what to do.

Please help me:

I have a NetXtreme BCM5755 Gigabit Ehternet PCI Express

linux shows: pci_14e4_167b thats what I need? my mac address? right? what do I have to do now with these information?

thx

• 2 weeks later...
hi Boombeng could please make one for 14e4 169d with the ability to add mac address to it please?

You can try this one I edited the plist and the binary with your ID ; to add the mac address just read Nobb1x tuto inside the zip (before you can try without), install the kext with kexthelper, repair permissions, reboot and use one of the trick in the readme to use the card in promisc mode.

Carefull, prepare back up etc... in case it freezes your system...

And report back if it works

Cheers

14e4_169d.zip

thats nice ... thx

The OS confiusion about the nic is result of the patching.

I have removed the NVRAM check , this is needed to recognize the PCI ID. I dont know why,

but 10.4.3 cant read the nvram. Most of the roadcom chips are 'compatible' to itself. So without the right

check most of them should work.

The 10.4.1 driver was very simple, since 10.4.3 the driver is checking many things.

This patched driver is temp solution, if the mac 0sx x86 is going gold, i will try to make a final working version, of course if still needed.

noahbody99,

Thx you very much !!! I have a D630 with the same Ethernet Card

Broadcom BCM 5755M (device id 1673) i was able to see it in my list of network card, but i was unable to get an IP address.

Thx to you, my Ethernet card works and get a DHCP address !!!

Again Great Job !! :)