Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

90% Chance will,

But if you make it correct, 100% will.

you also can use the kext on my page to try on too .

Have fun

I've got a BCM5784M (VEN_14E4 DEV_1698) LAN. Anyone got that working yet? If I edited the ID of the BCM5784M kext into that linked 5785M kext, would it work?

Just throwing some questions out here. Can anyone help?

Ok.. I must have read this entire 33 page thread about 10 times and tried everymethod to get my Broadcom working.. but no luck... here are the specs:

Dell Latitude D620

10.5.2 Kalyway

Broadcom Netexteme 57XX (i'm assuming its the 5752 after reading all the threads)

What do I need to do to make it work ?

thanks in advance...

Ok.. I must have read this entire 33 page thread about 10 times and tried everymethod to get my Broadcom working.. but no luck... here are the specs:

Dell Latitude D620

10.5.2 Kalyway

Broadcom Netexteme 57XX (i'm assuming its the 5752 after reading all the threads)

What do I need to do to make it work ?

thanks in advance...

Liar!

:)

If You'd really did so, or at least – used search, then You'd have found my post with links to 100% working kext.

See my sig for details.

please someone can help about Broadcom BMC5906 kext for Leopard 10.5.4???

any solution or ideas are welcome... please!!! :):P:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

please someone can help about Broadcom BMC5906 kext for Leopard 10.5.4???

any solution or ideas are welcome... please!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Titto, niter,

this is not the way to ask for assistance.

Details you specified tells us nothing about your hardware.

Specify Vendor ID and Device ID, steps you did to make your hardware work and log output (or at least - your device part of it).

;)

Tim here it is mine modded for you, try it and let me know if it's ok

Put it in /System/Library/Extensions, remember to repair permissions... as always but you know it. Do you know it? lol

Genius....

I too have a Dell 390, and i copied your text to the Extensions directory, repaired permissions, and rebooted. But osx keeps telling me that the system extension cannot be used.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW i have a BCM5754 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:167a] rev 02

THANKS!!!

You're THE MAN!!!

An hour ago got my BCM5752 (pci14e4,1600) working like a charm: MAC's - OK, DHCP's - OK, 100M/1000M - OK!!!

For those, desperate Dell Latitude D620 owners, or who esle, by the chance, owns this card - attached 100% working kext.

NB! Place this kext to /System/Library/Extensions AND to the "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins" folder

Do not forget to DELETE existing kext, and "chown/chmod/repare perms" of course!

I'm so happy, 'coz at workplace we don't have WiFi, and at last i can use MY OWN laptop instead this terrible monster, i have here...

:P

(sorry for my english)

ive followed your instructions, and i still cannot connect my d620 to the internet with an ethernet wire :)

any suggestions?

ive followed your instructions, and i still cannot connect my d620 to the internet with an ethernet wire :(

any suggestions?

Suggestions? None.

If you'd have D620, AND followed my instructions - You would've got ethernet working in two minutes.

Once again - what's DevID You got there?

Titto, niter,

this is not the way to ask for assistance.

Details you specified tells us nothing about your hardware.

Specify Vendor ID and Device ID, steps you did to make your hardware work and log output (or at least - your device part of it).

:(

Hey A,

sorry for the missing info. i have the same hardware like yours

Vendor ID is 14E4

Dev ID is 1600

I tried chmod, chown, and repair but no dice

@ AA

When I look into at /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext with finder I only see a logo brick I was expecting to be able to drill down to /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins but i can not do this.

I have BCM5752 14e4:1600 with ideneb 10.5.5 1.3 with villina kernal.

Can you help?

Also how do i chmod permission? Is it Disk Utility/Repair Permissions?

Thanx in advance Tom

@ AA

When I look into at /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext with finder I only see a logo brick I was expecting to be able to drill down to /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins but i can not do this.

I have BCM5752 14e4:1600 with ideneb 10.5.5 1.3 with villina kernal.

Can you help?

Also how do i chmod permission? Is it Disk Utility/Repair Permissions?

Thanx in advance Tom

Hey A,

sorry for the missing info. i have the same hardware like yours

Vendor ID is 14E4

Dev ID is 1600

I tried chmod, chown, and repair but no dice

:)

OK. Let's see...

When downloaded this .zip with kext – You need to extract it to some folder. Lets say – folder named Net on Desktop.

1. Double check if you have any kexsts named AppleBCM5751Ethernet in "/System/Library/Extensions". Delete if found any.

2. Open terminal. Enter following command (each line ends with pressing "Enter"):

sudo -s

<Your root password>

cp -r -v ~Desktop/Net/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext /S*/L*/E*/IONet*/C*/Plug*/

rm -f /S*/L*/Extensions.mkext

3. Open "Disk Utility" from Utilities, choose system drive and press "Repair permissions"

When all is done – may reboot.

That's all. If nothing's happen – provide Your "gmesg" output.

One more thing: this file suits and reported working ONLY for BCM5752 14e4:1600. But steps to install - are common.

Good luck

thanks for the help and work. I've now got wiredLAN on my d620. I had been watching the hexedit progress over the last 8 months, but no courage to monkey with hex.

I've used the 14e4/1600 5752 kext and it works. For some that have problems, I did also but it seems to have been due to a kernel conflict. I had used iatkosv1 with vanilla kernel. No trouble with iatkosv4. Or maybe it works after install now since I have a fresh os install.

:wacko:

OK. Let's see...

When downloaded this .zip with kext – You need to extract it to some folder. Lets say – folder named Net on Desktop.

1. Double check if you have any kexsts named AppleBCM5751Ethernet in "/System/Library/Extensions". Delete if found any.

2. Open terminal. Enter following command (each line ends with pressing "Enter"):

sudo -s

<Your root password>

cp -r -v ~Desktop/Net/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext /S*/L*/E*/IONet*/C*/Plug*/

rm -f /S*/L*/Extensions.mkext

3. Open "Disk Utility" from Utilities, choose system drive and press "Repair permissions"

When all is done – may reboot.

That's all. If nothing's happen – provide Your "gmesg" output.

One more thing: this file suits and reported working ONLY for BCM5752 14e4:1600. But steps to install - are common.

Good luck

thanks very much, it works good in safe mode, but not in regular mode. it says system extension cannot be used. i tried repairing permissions a few time but still got that message at login...

Suggestions? None.

If you'd have D620, AND followed my instructions - You would've got ethernet working in two minutes.

Once again - what's DevID You got there?

Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5752 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:1600] (rev 02)

Hope this helps with the troubleshooting :(

Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5752 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:1600] (rev 02)

Hope this helps with the troubleshooting :whistle:

That's strange...

Can You post Your dmesg output here?

Did You deleted the Extensions.mkext?

To refresh system kext cache try to boot with the -f flag.

Also, would be useful to boot with the -v flag to see system messages while booting.

Can someone please help me with my problem???? Here's a link to my topic (no one has replied to my topic)...I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. Thanks in advance!!!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132636

That's strange...

Can You post Your dmesg output here?

Did You deleted the Extensions.mkext?

To refresh system kext cache try to boot with the -f flag.

Also, would be useful to boot with the -v flag to see system messages while booting.

the -f flag worked great! Thank you for your help. I can now use my d620 at gigabit speed. I have one more question. It detected the LAN as en2, but en0 still exists. Can i change it so it appears as en0 and not en2? Just a question, dont wnat to seem to particular about it:) Also, will the ethernet still work if connected to a dell docking station? Thanks!

the -f flag worked great! Thank you for your help. I can now use my d620 at gigabit speed.

Glad to hear that!

I have one more question. It detected the LAN as en2, but en0 still exists. Can i change it so it appears as en0 and not en2? Just a question, dont wnat to seem to particular about it:)

I don't think this is really matters. But, if it bother You – try to delete all ethernet cards from Network preferences, make sure You don't have any of the other ethernet hardware physically attached (also USB, PCMCIA etc.) and reboot. Maybe this helps. Ethernet numbers assigned in the order ethernet hardware appeared in the system.

Also, will the ethernet still work if connected to a dell docking station? Thanks!

I think it should. Didn't tried... Sorry.

Also, maybe external mic from dock will work... ;)

Glad to hear that!

I don't think this is really matters. But, if it bother You – try to delete all ethernet cards from Network preferences, make sure You don't have any of the other ethernet hardware physically attached (also USB, PCMCIA etc.) and reboot. Maybe this helps. Ethernet numbers assigned in the order ethernet hardware appeared in the system.

I think it should. Didn't tried... Sorry.

Also, maybe external mic from dock will work... ;)

ok thanks... since you have D620... there are only two other things that i cant get to work right. was wondering if you had any luck.

1. PMCIA Slot - doesnt work out of the box, and the dell post installation install causes kernal panic.

2. Waking up from screen sleep - The screen always stays black, and i have to restart machine.

Let me know if you had any luck. I care more about getting my screen back from sleep than pmcia slot. Thanks!

ok thanks... since you have D620... there are only two other things that i cant get to work right. was wondering if you had any luck.

1. PMCIA Slot - doesnt work out of the box, and the dell post installation install causes kernal panic.

2. Waking up from screen sleep - The screen always stays black, and i have to restart machine.

Let me know if you had any luck. I care more about getting my screen back from sleep than pmcia slot. Thanks!

For #1 – find latest Chu-Chan's IOPCIFamily kexts.

If you don't install Sigmatel kexts – sleep worked beautifully and vice versa. So #2 for me – just disabled sleep.