VMacTool 0.2 available

gnubeard

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

On my homepage (below) uou can find a DMG with a copy of a VMacTool 0.2 -- a prototype replacement for the VMware Tools package for use under a guest MacOSX (tested on VMware 5.5.3 with a Linux host).

This will let you:

(Dis)connect devices (cdrom, sound, ethernet, etc) from within MacOSX

Change mouse settings, and run a mouse daemon that allows the mouse to float in/out of the VM freely.

Switch to/from fullscreen mode

Manage the guest/host clipboards

etc..

More features are planned as well.

This is just a prototype: it is written in bash using CocoaDialog for the GUI. It wraps around a

modified copy of the vmw command line tool. After I get the desired functionality into vmw (I added the ability to toggle fullscreen mode, time synchronization to MacOSX is next), I am going to replace vmw's main() with Cocoa GUI code directly and get rid of the kludgy bash/CocoaDialog stuff.

But, it is useful now -- and I'd would appreciate bug reports, suggestions, etc.

Especially useful would be for people to run this and post the contents of the VM Stats output here, along with a description of their machine, host OS, VMware version, etc. There are bits in the VMware option word that are undocumented. I found out how to toggle the fullscreen functionality back/forth .. but I'm wondering what some of those other bits do.

• 1 year later...