JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to this whole thing. I have a clean installation of Mac OS X, everything works fine, except it's 10.4.8. There was a file that came with my torrent, called "JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3" and I'm supposed to run it after I installed OS X, so I installed it, everything looked fine, but when I finish this, the virtual machine restarts and I get a kernel stack fault, or something like that. I tried again, and I got the message in four different languages thing. I am installing Mac OS X again right now, so before I try to install the "JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3" file, does anyone have any tips for me to prevent this?

Hello, I have an Intel Processor Pentium 4, it supports both SSE2 and SSE3. It has two processors, so I'm guessing that means it's a dual processor. However I could be wrong about it supporting SSE3, so if I am, is there an update like this for SSE2?

Alot of Pentium 4's support Hyper-Threading, which basicly means it tricks the OS in thinking that there are two processing cores (even though there is only one, this is so you will gain better performance out of multi-threaded apps).

You might want to replace the 10.4.9 kernel to the 10.4.8 kernel and see if that works. Search around a bit. *cough* Google *cough*

Peace. :unsure:

What do you mean by "You might want to replace the 10.4.9 kernel to the 10.4.8 kernel and see if that works" ? The torrent is for 10.4.8, but it contains an update image to 10.4.9. So, I should just stick with 10.4.8?

I ran the jas 10.4.9 update and the latest security update with no problems.

The best help on this would come from the people with the same mother board as you. Search for those who have installed the update and have your mb. Check on the threads with the 10.4.9 kernel as well.

Good luck !

• 4 months later...

I too have the same problem, i tried NUMEROUS ways of installing 10.4.9 and have no luck , nothing but a black screen with a dead cursor.

i was ONLY able to sucessfully install 10.4.8 , i downloaded the same version you have , with the 10.4.9 UPDATE included, after instaling and running OS X i applied the UPDATE, it said it sucessfully installed it, however it would not Shutdown or reboot, i had to manually turn off the virtual machine.

upon restarting it OS X would Constantly reboot. it would goto the Grey Screen with the apple then back to the boot sequence . OVER AND OVER again.

i tried all the tips and tricks i could find to remedy this to no avail.

SO!

i am here now reinstalling OS X 10.4.8 and will wait until someone can sucessfully get it updated.

ALSO .

DO NOT try to update OS X from the Mac OS X UPDATER!!!!

it will not work and you will end up with the SAME results that i have just explained....How do i know you might ask? I Tried it...how do you think i know? :D

So if anyone knows a remedy to this im ALL EARS

ive got a Pentium 4 Cpu 3.6Ghz

BanTam

Hello, I am new to this whole thing. I have a clean installation of Mac OS X, everything works fine, except it's 10.4.8. There was a file that came with my torrent, called "JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3" and I'm supposed to run it after I installed OS X, so I installed it, everything looked fine, but when I finish this, the virtual machine restarts and I get a kernel stack fault, or something like that. I tried again, and I got the message in four different languages thing. I am installing Mac OS X again right now, so before I try to install the "JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3" file, does anyone have any tips for me to prevent this?

Mac OS X 10.4.9 and the 8.9.1 kernel that comes with it aren't friendly with virtual machines. You should stick to 10.4.8. 10.4.8 is the latest stable version that will run on VMware.

pcwiz