Success: 10.4.9 in VMWare

12 posts in this topic

I'm now successfully running 10.4.9 in VMware, and have applied the latest (4/19) Apple security updates.

1) I started with a fresh install of JaS 10.4.8 w/ PPF1 & 2.

2) Drag AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the desktop

3) Apply 10.4.9 update, but don't restart

4) Drag AppleACPIPlatform.kext back to Extensions

5) Restart now

I'm now successfully running 10.4.9 in VMware, and have applied the latest (4/19) Apple security updates.

1) I started with a fresh install of JaS 10.4.8 w/ PPF1 & 2.

2) Drag AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the desktop

3) Apply 10.4.9 update, but don't restart

4) Drag AppleACPIPlatform.kext back to Extensions

5) Restart now

After I installed the update the AppleACPIPlatform.kext kernal extension file is actually updated. Should I still overwrite this new kernal extension with the old one i removed?

After I installed the update the AppleACPIPlatform.kext kernal extension file is actually updated. Should I still overwrite this new kernal extension with the old one i removed?

I had to. My system wouldn't boot with the new one. Additionally (and I don't know if this is significant) I always boot in safe mode (I use none of the excluded extensions in VMware anyhow). I mainly wanted the update so that I could install the newest 10.4.9 security fixes and such.

Hope this helps.

-gnubeard

oops... I found this post after I installed the 10.4.9 update. Can someone post a copy of AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

[edit] nevermind... I pulled it out of the 10.4.8.AMD.pkg on the JAS install image. Now I just need to figure out how to get it on filesystem

Is the version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext important to let the update work correctly?

I have version 10.4.6. but after updating to version 10.6.9. I'm unable to boot in vmware 5.

I've a core 2 duo notebook with nvidia 7700 pro graphiccard und 2 gig ram and as I saw that the update contains better graphics support for nvidia cards I started the update... hard fate...

Just boot Mac OS an do a Software Update... In my case it's the third option after J2SE 5 Version 4 and iTunes update.

But after installing this updates (or at least sie Mac OS X Combined (Intel) Version 10.4.9 Update) booting up Mac OS filed because the kernel is switching to 64 bit mode (Host OS ist windows xp 32 bit).

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Is the version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext important to let the update work correctly?

I have version 10.4.6. but after updating to version 10.6.9. I'm unable to boot in vmware 5.

I've a core 2 duo notebook with nvidia 7700 pro graphiccard und 2 gig ram and as I saw that the update contains better graphics support for nvidia cards I started the update... hard fate...

i was asking about your 10.6.9 upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone willing to share his vmware installation via bittorrent?

I know there is a 10.4.7 ready-to-run vmware disk out there, but I would like to have something more recent. So, please, anyonce that successfully installed in vmware please zip up the directory and share (mabe even post the torrent name here?)

thanks,

daniel.

• 2 weeks later...
oops... I found this post after I installed the 10.4.9 update. Can someone post a copy of AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

[edit] nevermind... I pulled it out of the 10.4.8.AMD.pkg on the JAS install image. Now I just need to figure out how to get it on filesystem

How did you pull it out of that pkg? I can't figure that out to save my life.. :(