USB over current notice

nico342

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I receive at each mac os x startup a message like : "USB over current notice. " In the message osx tell me that he will disable my usb port but he can't. LOL This message always appear at the login window when I plug a usb device , like a mouse. The usb controller is working well but can someone help me to disable this boring message ?

Thks :star_smile:

Switching off USB 2.0 in my BIOS gets rid of the message, but then things run at USB 1.1 speeds.

I get the message on startup, and when plugging in and then removing a USB 2.0 device into the USB port on the front of my case. The ports in the back don't cause the message to pop up. I'm thinking that I might unplug that port from the motherboard next time I have my case open to see if that fixes the problem.

Anyway, if your BIOS supports that, and you're not using USB hard drives or something, maybe you can try it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Danyl

In my case, I have this message only when I am running MAC OS X 10.4.8 and lower. I don't have this problem with Windows XP and Ubuntu 7.04.

Someone have a clue ?

Thks,

The machine I had the issue with, showed no signs of errors in Windows, but it was there.

Do the devices still work at all?

Are they slow? (things like transfer speed)

By chance is your USB chipset VIA based?

My devices works perfectly and are recognize as USB2 and works so fast.

My laptop chipset is an Intel ICH4-M. The usb controller is recognize as AppleUSB.

Somebody can help me ?

• 3 years later...