VMWare installation Problems

16 posts in this topic

well, i use the guide at the tutorials by SABR, to install VMWare macintosh on my IDE Harddrive,(160gb)

the installation went on fine BUT I did'nt use any extra installs (hardware, drivers etc) becouse i have tryed that before, and then the installation won't reboot...

But the real problem is when i have installated everything to my hd, then it will boot fine in vmware, but when i try to boot my "real" computer, then it just open darwin bootloader and just hangs there., someone ever had the sam problem like me?,

anyone know how to fix it?

Well you could have done 2 things.

1. You installed it through VMWare Using your hard drive that XP is on not making a virtual hard drive.

2. You left the CD in the drive.

Well if you installed it to your hard drive it will be hard to fix but its possible.

You will have to configure the boot loader. Or maybe the Partition Magic boot CD may help reinstalling the boot loader.

Yes, If you didn't setup a virtual drive in VMWare you must have installed it to you main hard drive with you windows partition. So thats very hard to fix if even possible. Or you could have left the CD in the Drive and then it started booting. So One of those two.

well, i really thinkthat i have used an virtual drive, (but will that really work when i boot up nativly?)

and i'm sure i have'nt forgotoned the dvd in the dvddrive, becouse i have used daemon tools...

and now oi remember what it says when i boot the real computer, it says

"unable to find operating system" ?

Yes than that meens the boot loader is bad

You could have messed up your PC before installing mac os. The only other way is you installed it directly on your hard drive.

And you just didnt know about it.. If you can boot into an live linux cd i might be able to help.

Well If you do have an Linux Live CD (Ex. Ubuntu Latest) You can enter you NTFS drive and open the Boot.INF and change it.

so i need to set up a partition to install to to make it work?

-Edit-

I Installed macosx 4.8 on my SATA drive, the installation went on fine, and it can boot in vmware,

but when i try to boot nativly (the real computer) then it shows the white long dot in ther upleft corner for

10 sec's, and then it reboots.

Well in booting the virtual disk is not supported yet. I always wanted that feature maybe one day it will happen. Well as of now its not. The only way that could work is if it boots windows in to a low mode then open a special of vmware. Or the make there own OS/Software that allows you to boot with a cd. Then Call the virtual disk.

Wait... I'm not sure what your asking. You can install Mac OS X in Vmware but you wont be able to boot it until you boot into windows first. Make a virtual disk while the setup for a new virtual machine. Then you can boot it only from vmware.