Soundmax HDA ConfigData and/or PinConfiguration

domeproject

28 posts in this topic

Some of us managed to have sound with AppleHDA (with Taruga's patcher), some still don't. Using that patcher and looking on some real macs IORegs i found out that we must set a proper ConfigData into the AppleHDAController.kext's Info.plist. Having there a proper config will set up a pinconfiguration in the IORegistry that may lead to a proper hardware recognition and working sound.

It`s the case for AD1891HD wich i know that works on Thinkpads but doesn't on HP laptops (my case). I need that Configdata to enter it in the AppleHDAController wich thens will load. The main diference between the 2 laptops is that HP uses mute function (aka EAPD) in the reverse way.this could b changed with editing the AppleHDA.kext. Getting that ConfigData will help HP users to have sound and maybe to discover where that long data string comes from, and help other chipset users too.

Thank you

Some of us managed to have sound with AppleHDA (with Taruga's patcher), some still don't. Using that patcher and looking on some real macs IORegs i found out that we must set a proper ConfigData into the AppleHDAController.kext's Info.plist. Having there a proper config will set up a pinconfiguration in the IORegistry that may lead to a proper hardware recognition and working sound.

It`s the case for AD1891HD wich i know that works on Thinkpads but doesn't on HP laptops (my case). I need that Configdata to enter it in the AppleHDAController wich thens will load. The main diference between the 2 laptops is that HP uses mute function (aka EAPD) in the reverse way.this could b changed with editing the AppleHDA.kext. Getting that ConfigData will help HP users to have sound and maybe to discover where that long data string comes from, and help other chipset users too.

Thank you

Hi domeproject, I have a ThinkPad with the AD1981HD chipset and Taruga's v1.15 patcher does not do anything when I drop my codec dump file on it. I have attached it below.

I too am in desperate need of someone to patch AppleHDA.kext so this finally works.

Does anyone have proper ConfigData for ThinkPad T60/X60/R60 ?

AD1981HD_T60p_dump.txt

@ssimon: sorry, i can't help you at the moment, even if i have yor dump (btw its allmost identical to mine, exept the subsystem id),

we have simmilar pin configurations and maybe configdat too.Now we can just wait to get somebody`s configdata and find out what does it means and how we can modify it according to our chipsets

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
i have hp nx6310 with ad1981 and it dont work!! :(

I try with AppleHDA patch and AppleAzalia patch and not work. The icon work, but no sound :(

yes, me too.the icon work,but no sound,no man know how can it working with hp?

• 2 weeks later...

dome, with PatchHDA haven't sound icon, only with PatchAzalia, sorry.

I have see anyone that your sound work with AD1981HD in HP laptop, he is german, but now i dont find it. He talk to remove ATI drivers, but this not work for me.

I have other information too of other way:

Needs AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist edited with AudioCodecVendorID set to 0x14f15047, and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist edited with IOPCIPrimaryMatch set to 0x27d88086, and finally needs AppleHDA.kext removed S/PDIF appears NOT to work, neither does Mic in

As far as I know this chip/codec is only found in newer HP notebook.

Any idea??

PD: Im spanish, sorry for my english :huh:

Needs AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist edited with AudioCodecVendorID set to 0x14f15047, and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist edited with IOPCIPrimaryMatch set to 0x27d88086,

That is not an Analog Devices [AD1981HD] device, and the controller is an Intel ICH (not ATI SB450) it won`t help at all

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, does anyone know how the Taruga patcher works?

I mean... the patcher starts with a linux codec dump and this is fair. Based on this modifies some kext. As far as I know the patcher touches ACLInkject, AppleHDA and AppleHDAController.

Does anyone have better infos?Is the patcher modifying even some binary files? how?

My idea is to try to apply the patch manually... trying to reproduce the logic by hand.

Any info is welcome,

tulindo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, i'm with AD1981 on HP NX7300, with azalia have icon, no any sound at all. Mute lite at all time. I read everything here and not only here no hope for me. I havent undestant what to wait from Tortuga, i send him dump from ubuntu, but no any idea what will happen. :)

• 1 month later...
Well, i'm with AD1981 on HP NX7300, with azalia have icon, no any sound at all. Mute lite at all time. I read everything here and not only here no hope for me. I havent undestant what to wait from Tortuga, i send him dump from ubuntu, but no any idea what will happen. :angel:

same here...tryed everything...no solutions for this fu**** AD1981 on HP NX7300...

please help us