HELP PLEASE! ALL MY FILES ARE GONE!

4 posts in this topic

I had finally got my OSx86 working on my 200GB hard disk and I had most of my stuff (Vista and other al lot of other files) saved on my 320GB hard disk. Then I used the disk utility to partition the NTFS 320GB hard disk to a FAT32 (because I thought this was the only way to get it working properly in OSx86). However after doing this I have realised that all my files on the 320GB hard disk are now gone. Is there any way to get them all back. ;)

Thank You

Yes there is, but it will depend on what OS you will be using to do it. If you're using windows, I would recommend an app called R-Studio.

Remember not to access the HDD where the files are lost (except for recovering purposes) or you might irreversibly overwrite your data!

hecker

Try to get Hirens Boot CD (from DEMONOID), boot from cd, Partition tools menu ---> Acronis disk director -----> rightclick or from menu ------> recover format partiton (or unformat, or something like this), it works in most cases. You may try Partition Table Doctor from Hirens too.

DON'T TRY TO WRITE A SINGLE BYTE ON DRIVE!!!

:hysterical:

Try to get Hirens Boot CD (from DEMONOID), boot from cd, Partition tools menu ---> Acronis disk director -----> rightclick or from menu ------> recover format partiton (or unformat, or something like this), it works in most cases. You may try Partition Table Doctor from Hirens too.

DON'T TRY TO WRITE A SINGLE BYTE ON DRIVE!!!

:)

I second Acronis Disk Director. However be very careful with Partition Table Doctor, which probably wouldn't help anyway.