Semthex is retiring...

dogbert75

49 posts in this topic

and "damn me" aceplayer, i dont understand 0.o

It wasn't damn you (Kiko), more like "damn........ (kiko) you just keep rolling with them." - a comment on your assaults coming one after another. lol.

I have to see retirement wouldn't been a good time to release the source code.. But whatever, I guess they like to have some sort of power. :/

but next to all that, Semthex, often refered as Kernel God, you did well for OSx86. No-one can take that away.

10.4.7 kernel - partially hacked, then stopped and followed semthex, go to hackint0sh and read page 19 on the .5 and .6 kernel dev thread (the 70 pages long one) or something, proof is there. A couple of programs for windows hacked to stop registration (they werent {censored} cheap ass shareware, they were commercial products), i had a bin patched .5 kernel at one stage but it was unstable, some mac download managers / other trivial programs. And if the patches are there, why not use them :thumbsup_anim:, semthex did that, maxxuss had made all the amd and vmware patches, and the sse3 emul (only 3 instructions) then rufus and semthex added the other instructions to that, and put maxxuss's patches into source code. If you dont like it / believe me, bad luck, by the look of your join date i.e: today, i can already smell something fishy.

You miserably failed at hacking your own 10.4.7 kernel and decided to use semthex, mifki, Daemon and everyone else's work instead. You failed at making a binary hack for 10.4.5. Then you admit to stealing it all because you weren't competent enough. Thanks for confirming everyone's (well, almost everyone's) opinion of you. And Windows commercial shareware? Wow... nop, nop, mov, nop... :)

Of course we're all grateful to maxxuss for devising the hacks in the first place, but semthex's work is a vast improvement on what he did. There is absolutely nothing wrong with utilizing other people's research and patches, but I think that those people deserve at least some respect? Your attitude and intent is the issue here, not the act of releasing your own kernel and building on others' work.

You miserably failed at hacking your own 10.4.7 kernel and decided to use semthex, mifki, Daemon and everyone else's work instead. You failed at making a binary hack for 10.4.5. Then you admit to stealing it all because you weren't competent enough. Thanks for confirming everyone's (well, almost everyone's) opinion of you. And Windows commercial shareware? Wow... nop, nop, mov, nop... :)

Of course we're all grateful to maxxuss for devising the hacks in the first place, but semthex's work is a vast improvement on what he did. There is absolutely nothing wrong with utilizing other people's research and patches, but I think that those people deserve at least some respect? Your attitude and intent is the issue here, not the act of releasing your own kernel and building on others' work.

Don't attack or blame someone.

Why did you do that?

For what?

Heh, i really dont care what you say, i never admitted to stealing anything ( or to word it better, i always give the other party credit when i use thier work) , whenever i use somebodys source, i credit them for it.

failed at 10.4.7? if i rememeber no one got a 4.7 kernel booting to gui,

4.5 hack? well, at least it booted and got me to the gui, i was happy with that as it was more of a learning experience,

and i said not windows shareware, it was expensive products which took me a while to hack.

Sure semthex had improvements on maxxuss source, but the fact stands that he still used maxxuss as a base. the only thing he improved on maxxuss patches are the sse3 emulator, which after reading some logs, it seems that rufus did most of the work, for the other patches (0xfb, efi, vmware etc) you really cant improve on them, as they worked fine in maxxuss. Im not saying semthex doesnt deserve credit, i'm just saying that i dont like him much, and i think he gets to much credit and regards himself too highly, simple.

AcePlayer, i dont think im rolling out the insults, im speaking my mind, im not going to say "omg omg semthex, wat will we do without you omg, come back for leopard" because i dont believe it, i have good faith that leopard will be hacked, and im not going to miss semthex one bit.

A Final note, people are entitled to whatever opinions they have of other people, but there is no need to elaborate and twist other peoples words (as cmesky just did with my post above). If you want to flame me, do it in a PM, as i dont think there is any other reason to carry out personal attacks in public other than to try and sabotage a persons image (not that i have much of a image), and if your going to carry out these personal attacks, at least get your facts right coward.

EDIT: i just saw that you said semthex was forced out, rofl that made my day, i dont see how he was forced out, did he have any compettion? no, just because he didnt get control of a network and these forums, he was forced out lol. And from what i can remember semthex was no saint, he constantly attacked the russian hackers like mifki and daemones back in the "Kernel Wars", theres logs of it on pastebin, he wanted them to be banned, glined whatver. so go play your violin for semthex someplace else.

For once you make a post that has some sense of clarity. :D

The main reason people criticize you is because of the attitude toward most of the well-known hackers in the community. If you could always act mature about it, and didn't flame every single thread that has an opportunity to malign semthex, then I'm sure people would accept you. And it's funny that you think I'm the one sending out personal insults, since as I recall, you're the first and only one in this thread that spewed unwarranted anti-semthex propaganda.

As far as your claims that he made little contribution to anything, he's essentially the reason there's a unified Leo-oriented team today (Hackint0sh). Yeah, there were rocky times during the "kernel wars", but he made up for his mistakes by unifying both teams in the end. His influence was far greater than the code itself, and I can bet you OSx86 would be very different today if someone as motivated as him didn't show up. When I said that he was forced out, it was due to the inflammatory campaign that a few people decided to wage, namely you and cmoski. Do you think that semthex suddenly left at the height of his fame for the hell of it?

Quite a few people in this community want "the young goat" gone, but I honestly couldn't care less. Just give clear credit where credit is due, and bite your tongue instead of giving more life to the drama. Heh, this conversation wouldn't have even started if you refrained from hijacking every single semthex-related thread that's created. Some outward appreciation (however bogus it is) goes a long way.

ok, cemsky, i know who you are already, and i find it quite lame that after you said youd left, your still hanging around. But anyway, let me answer your questions. Act mature about it, what does that mean?

Semthex and the others sure dont act mature about it, like common, editing uname info to have "Kiko is GOAT", making that lame ass bonzibuddy widget and having kiko goats getting sodomised, hmmm, really really mature dont you think.

Leaving insanelymac, and lo and behold still having one or two accounts they keep here to spread some propaganda and flame other users, much like you are doing right now.

And i think my trademark is that i speak my mind, i dont care if people dont like what i say, because i speak my mind, i think its better to tell the truth, then to lie. If people dont like it, im sorry, but im not going to change my core values, always speak the truth, or what i think the truth is. hmm, OSx86 would be very different, but would it be worse? or would it be better, thats debateable as far as im concerned.

inflammatroy campaign?, there was no inflammatroy campaign as far as i know, i have absolutely no say on what happens on moofspeak, i am just a another user, not anything else. And the young goat, those who want me gone, well the only people who refer to me as the young goat are those which i speak the truth against. I give clear credit where and when it is due.

Sorry, but I feel obligated to intervene in this flame war...

Let me start off by saying... Who gives a sh*t who did what for the community or not.

I feel that the OSX86 development is kind of like open source; everyone builds on top of what another does.

So who cares if Kiko copied some stuff from semthex or semthex from maxxuss or whoever from whoever. As long as the community benefits in some way from it, why does it matter?

It's not like this is all completely original coding anyways. Most of the work has been done by Apple. Let me remind you all that downloading even a copy, hacked or not, of Apple's software is violating copyright laws not to mention that "hacking" it is technically illegal as well.

But let me rant about the insanely ridiculous attitudes provided by Kiko and cmesky...

cmesky, if Kiko is a complete asshat who has no sense of honor or dignity, who cares? He's just some other asshat spending a lot of time on a forum and some coding. For some reason, I get the feeling you probably are, too. I'm not saying that I'm not, I'm just saying that you should just lay off and go bother someone else.

Kiko, if cmesky's claims are completely unfounded, then why do you bother with him? Clearly a waste of time, energy, etc (though it gives people like me a pretty good laugh). If you honestly feel that you're so great of a coder, good for you. Enjoy your seemingly over-inflated ego and go do some actual coding to support that ego. Oh, and I already know you do a bit for the OSX86 project, but still: don't waste your time on low-lifes like cmesky who hasn't claimed much in the way of coding at all (as it seems to me).

To both of you, this entire thread is completely pointless and has diverged from the original topic. I'm pretty sure that this topic was supposed to be about semthex's "retirement" and whatever thank-yous and condolences people wished to express. This topic was not supposed to turn into some stupid flame-war between two hot-headed morons who can't get their faces out of each others ball sacks. Get real. Go do whatever it is you two do and leave this alone. semthex is gone, whoopde-friggin-doo. I realize that he was an integral part of the OSX86 community, and that's nice and all, but again back to the open-source-like community of OSX86: there will be other people to take up where he left off or whatever.

Now, since I've interposed myself in this absurd flame-war of a thread, I should probably defend myself considering there's most likely hundreds of people wanting to kill me right now (or hey, maybe love me; you never know), and also I really don't feel like having to explain myself to the likes of Kiko or cmesky later.

You're probably all thinking: "Oh, wow. This guy is a hypocrite 100%. He probably doesn't know anything about coding, OSX86, or just... anything! He's a complete dumbass who needs to shut up!"

Well, gee, that's nice. I welcome all the warm and fuzzy feelings.

Let's get this straight: I really don't give a {censored}. You're right, I don't know how to code, I don't know jack {censored} about OSX86, I use a legitimate Mac. I am some guy who surfs forums once in a while to look up news, support, etc. And you know what? I'm also some guy who bothers to get himself involved in some stupid flame war just because. I just feel that this was necessary to try to get you morons to stop thinking so highly of yourselves. Oh, so that leads me to something else: I'm not that great of a nerd or whatever to think I'm better than you two in any aspect of computers at all. I just have some common sense and a really foul mood, which I feel is probably good reason enough to chew out you two in any case.

So please... don't even try to respond to me with some stupid come-back or comment or "OMG YOU'RE SO STUPID."

I'm not saying that I will, but... if you're going to waste time doing this, then go do something useful for the OSX86 community.

This is a pointless thread. I would kindly ask the moderators to close this topic.

Yours truly,

-fobis

P.S. If you haven't noticed already, I have an unbelievable 9 posts! So just to make things clear if you can't figure it out: I did not join InsanelyMac just to post this (duh?). I joined because there are some intelligent and helpful people here that know their stuff. Not to mention the countless other good people on here. Seriously, you two are ruining InsanelyMac's image which was the sole reason why I registered here. Let's not ruin the entire forum just for the sake of your petty arguments, and let's not try to ruin the new owners of this site...

Oh, and if by any chance I've mistakenly provided false or incomplete information, feel free to let me know right here. I'm not so low as to not admit fallibility.

I actually agree with you fobis, pretty much 100% of what you said has truth and clarity. Anyway, i think im done with this thread, thanks for capping it off nicely :)

P.S: Like my new avatar? :P

I realize that he was an integral part of the OSX86 community, and that's nice and all, but again back to the open-source-like community of OSX86: there will be other people to take up where he left off or whatever.

It's a nice post really, thing is that what pisses off Kiko off the most, I THINK (could be completely wrong) is that Semthex isn't showing the source to everyone.. Look I understand he did one hell of job making an imho great (then again I know nothing about it) SSE3 emulator. All the work he put into it, great seriously. I can understand he likes to keep the credit or whatever for himself or to who he passed on the source.. but isn't the whole point about an open source community (I guess osx86 is one) to share codes and such?

From what I read here, it seems Maxxuss did, Mifki does, DeamonES does, so does Joblo10 and all the other of countless people who've been programming kernels, drivers and all other things possible on the 'hac'. So why shouldn't he just release his SSE3 emulator source?

my 2 cents ...

Ps, I'm a noob when it comes to programming on kernel/driver level. I know little about how open source communities work and all. so don't flame me if I'm totally worng :) just try to kindly tell me :P

Thats one of the reason i am / was pissed off, like, the way i see it, is they only keep the sse3 emulator source so they can have the sse2 users by the balls, for lack of a better expression. So it is only them who makes sse2 kernels and guaranteeing them a share of the osx86 community, for as long as they want. I dont think that follows the ethos of osx86, whatever that may be it sure as hell isnt closed source.

Anyway, i have more reasons, some of them being the self-titled devs leaving and going to the soviet mac (hackint0sh) but still keeping a account here and posting propaganda ( for example, BikeDude880 is XofVerlis ( and yes, i have proof)) now that just pisses me off even more, but thats life, life is full of little things which {censored} you off.

I guess we all have to live with that, but I, and im sure i speak for most of the community, am getting sick of all this drama. No more propaganda, no more trying to sell your product, and for {censored}s sake, no more asking for donations ( <--- that is the most annoying thing, every man and his dog are asking for a donation, even if all they did is a p-list edit, we dont ask the devs to do the work, we assume that they do it because they have a passion for the community and dont expect to be re-imbursed for it)

Yes, kiko it's fine we all "steal" work of others...and get the comunity working.

Who cares as long as Apple doesn't kill the heads or buy them out we'll continue...some with more effort (stealing, hacking, patching, hex editing...)

some with more newbee questions like myself :hysterical:

The IRC channel community seems a bit "up" for normal users however I appreciate their help to give the kernel away for free ;)

Keep on staying "here" kiko and post new improvement for all of us not just the elite.

Wow, netkas and his intellectual sense of humour. Har Har Har :hysterical:

I've already had my beef about the whole situation, if you want to continue acting like a child, then fine.

Well, this happened with Maxxuss and now Semthex. History really does tend to repeat itself, huh?

And on that note, you can also expect somebody else to fill their shoes, just as in the past. Right now, there's somebody totally oblivious to the Hackintosh scene who will register one fateful day and become the next major kernel maker.

This forum is overflowing with a lot of bright people. Up until now, there's been no real incentive for anybody to read into kernel development because Semthex had it covered. When the next challenge arrives, we'll get our next hero.

Thanks for your work Semthex. Take a load off.

I feel this thread has had it's moment of glory now. The topic has stopped, turned around, and gone full speed ahead in the other direction.

I ask that you remember the good semthex did for the OSx86 project - and finish it there.

SABR.