Please help! I need the the original Apple TV OS!

cwoods

13 posts in this topic

I really did it this time. I need the original Apple TV OS. I screwed mine up and now I can't get the Apple TV to startup. I made a backup but messed it up somehow. Now I get a blinking question mark at startup. Please I know someone has to have it. Please help.

Chris W.

I have the same problem. I get the blinking question mark at startup, too. I tried that tutorial from http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Prepare_a_Hard_Drive but didn't work. I think my problem is on the EFI partition. When I mount the backup image file of that partition it's empty. What shoud I found in that partition beside the files .Trashes and .DS_Store?

Thanx!

cwoods: did you remove the hd from the ATV before it "got messed up"? bec ause if you could connect it to you intel mac, you might be able to restore the osboot image onto the osboot partition and try that.

Well I got a copy of the Apple TV drive and it was not the formating. It turns out that I somehow messed-up my IDE cable. I know this because I took my brothers Apple TV apart and used his IDE cable and my Apple TV booted up. So be careful.

elvys, there is nothing in the EFI partition. This is the way it is suppose to be. I am thinking you have the same problem I do, a broken IDE cable. Mine looks fine but that is was the problem is.

• 1 month later...