aecore::CException SOLVED! Now you can use Compressor and others...

ffosilva

16 posts in this topic

A few days ago i'm having this error message when I try to use applications that use Qmaster framework. Softwares like Compressor and Final Cut Pro was crashing and I investigated everything. Network, Sound, Firewire, Bluetooth... everything is OK, but have one detail that I observed. Qmaster see for first Network Connections searching for others computers on network for distributed processing, and if your en0 interface was leaved without any real network adapter, it crash.

In my case, I installed my OS X using an Realtek RTL8139 PCI card, and after installed my system I downloaded Via Rhine drivers and unattached PCI card, but Via Rhine was putted in en1, not en0... and was identified as PCI Ethernet Card, and not Built-In Network, and en0 was leaved without use. Then, I edited /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and in my case I was changed BSD Name of "en1" to "en0", changed IOInterfaceUnit from 1 to 0 and deleted "0" entry (en0 interface) and everything is now OK!

I think you deleting 'invalid' network interfaces and you identifying your REAL interface as first (en0) you can run compressor and other applications that use Qmaster fine, like in my computer.

Resuming: You need to make your en0 interface enabled. ;D I think you can't have fictitious interfaces too, like my case, that en0 was registered to an inexistent PCI Card.

Bye!

Sorry for bad english...

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I'm using a D-link G520 as airport card in my hackintosh and I have no ethernet card installed. Tried to make work the onboard lan with no luck and finally I found out that if I uncheck the onboard ethernet in the lan preference panel (it didn't work but appears in the list) final cut loads ok!!!

Now compressor works well and qmaster framework remain in it's place. Give it a try and tell us if works in more configurations. Hope that helps.

Sorry for my english.

Rafa.

• 4 weeks later...

en 0 trick

in the console

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

You want to edit these lines:

<key>BSD Name</key>

---> <string>enX</string> (Change the enX to en0)

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

---> <integer>1</integer> (Change the 1 to 0)

X is the en number of you pci ethernet card

it trully works

• 1 month later...

It does work, but now the internet doesn't work anymore. In system profiler, the network card is displayed with "BSD name : en2"

***Later EDIT***

After countless hours of headaches, I pulled it off !!!!!!! Final Cut Studio 2 now works flawlessly on my hackintosh. Here's what I did -

First of all, my built in network card (Marvel Yukon) worked with en2 only. So I followed the instructions here on another thread, to modify my NetworkInterfaces.plist (in /Library/Prefferences/Systemblabla/NetworkInterfaces.plist) in order to remove en0 and en1 entries, and leave only en2, and then rename en2 to en0.

BUT, by doing so, Final Cut Studio 2 worked, but my network connection died. So I had to switch back and forth betheen en0 and en2.

Next thing I did, is I downloaded uphuck's OSX 10.4.9 version 1.4i revision 3, mounted the iso in mac os, and copied only the patched IONetworking package, which I installed.

I then modified it to suit my network card, and then surprise, my network card now works with en0. So I just left the en0 entry in my NetworkInterfaces.plist, and now both my ethernet connection and Final Cut Studio 2 work flawlessly. Hope this helps someone. W00T !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi xstorm911,

could you please post just the patched IONetworking file here? That would be grrrrrreat since I am more than happy with uphuck's version 1.3 and would rather not download the entire install just for this file...

thanks in advance,

ninetto...

XStorm911:

This is more of a comment on why you had that behavior on your system. The reason FCP closes on startup is because it requires that en0 be present in the system. It doesn't even really have to be configured, just present. That is why this hack works.

Also, the reason you had to go back and forth from en0 to en2 is because you clobbered you're existing en0/1/2 file:

to modify my NetworkInterfaces.plist (in /Library/Prefferences/Systemblabla/NetworkInterfaces.plist) in order to remove en0 and en1 entries, and leave only en2, and then rename en2 to en0.

Next time, instead, you can just swap en2 with en0, meaning you cut and paste their sections.

The /Library/Prefferences/Systemblabla/NetworkInterfaces.plist works by matching the MAC address (well, a hash encrypted MAC address) to the position in the system.

For example, if my hash encrypted MAC address is HJKh8JKH, and it's setup in that file under en2, that's what the system will mount it as.

Interesting interestin... thanks for the info. But at a closer look at the networkinterfaces.plist, I am not so sure I understand your advice, honourable VOODOOnoFX....

the file has interface entries "0" and "1" with siblings BSD NAme and entries for "EN1" and"FW0"... can I just add a new sibling naming it "3" and "EN0" and copy all the entries from "EN1" .... or do I change the "FW0" to "EN0" and use the data from EN1 entries?

My aiport extreme card works fine, but changing as Xstorm911 advised ran me into the same problems of losing my airport while gaining FCP functionality...

I'd be ever-so-grateful for clarification...

best regards,

ninetto

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another way of finding out some details:

Type

ifconfig

In the command line of terminal.

lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384

inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128

inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1

gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280

stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280

en5: flags=8867<UP,BROADCAST,DEBUG,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

ether 00:17:08:2a:2e:7f

media: autoselect status: inactive

supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,flow-control> 100baseTX <half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control> 1000baseT <full-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 1000baseT <full-duplex,flow-control>

en6: flags=8867<UP,BROADCAST,DEBUG,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

inet6 fe80::204:23ff:fed0:a430%en6 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5

inet 10.147.2.243 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 10.147.255.255

ether 00:04:23:d0:a4:30

media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control>) status: active

supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,flow-control> 100baseTX <half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control> 1000baseT <full-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 1000baseT <full-duplex,flow-control>

en7: flags=8867<UP,BROADCAST,DEBUG,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

inet6 fe80::204:23ff:fed0:a431%en7 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x6

inet 10.51.4.222 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 10.51.255.255

ether 00:04:23:d0:a4:31

media: autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex,flow-control>) status: active

fw3: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2030

lladdr 00:60:b0:00:00:1c:d2:7f

media: autoselect <full-duplex> status: inactive

supported media: autoselect <full-duplex>

Now I can see which ones work and which ones don't!

Thanks Wayland, that is a good tool to know... the problem though: I do not know how to interpret the flags/info that ifconfig is giving me, regarding changing the network.plist...

Simply having the "en0" (unconfigured) present in the plist isn't enough on my laptop. I have tried adding a new interface-Child "0" with en0... I have also tried copying all the entries from en1 (where my functioning airport data is located) to this new en0 entry... but no result, no change.

The only way I can get the en0 ethernet working is by frying(changing) the airport en1 entry, by simply using the common trick of changing en1 to en0 and switching the IOInterface from 1 to 0.

That kills my airport but enables the ethernet. It would be gosh-gee-golly SWELL to have both working.

Any other advice?

regards,

ninetto

Use the plist editor download-able here

First copy /backup your original file, drag a copy onto the desktop, then open/edit this file with the plist.editor.

When finished drag the edited plist from your desktop to its original location, you will be prompted to authenticate (provide password), finito! re-boot.

You can also edit kexts/plists in terminal, but this is the beginners way.

good luck,

ninetto

I am having the same issue. I edited

sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

But still crashing every time runs. I tried unplugging the network cable with no results.

I'm using OS X 10.4.10 Kernel Version: Darwin 8.10.1. Final Cut Pro: Version: 5.1.4

I will download the new version 6 and cross my fingers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Any Updates?

I got FCP running on my hack with no network card.

I simply deleted the Q master app.

However, Compressor will not load, it crashes on start during the qmaster framework initialization.

Anyone got a fix for this?