Maxxuss will be releasing patches for 8f1111 soon

Technobob

14 posts in this topic

Great!

That's great. I installed 8F1111 with previous TPM patch and some PowerPC applications are broken - i.e. Microsoft Office X and Microsoft Office 2004. They just don't start. Weird, a lot of other PowerPC apps work fine, MUCH faster than in 8F1099 - at least as fast as on my G4 Mini or Powerbook (Intel 915 GAG motherboard and P4 3GHz with SSE3 and NX).

Hopefully this patch will also work seamlessly with 8f1111A. Because I think that'll be the next upgrade, what with the itunes universal binary and all...

Well, I went back to 8F1099 using apps from 8F1111. Universal iTunes work fine. I guess 8F1111 is borked in more than one way - in "About this Mac" doesn't show CPU type properly (unlike previous versions). 8F1099 seems a little slower, though. Hope 8F1111A will be leaked soon or our great Maxxuss wil patch 8F1111 properly.

Now I must say this is the kind of experience I never had using a real mac - and I have three around the house. I will buy Intel Mac precisely from this reason: every update will work out of the box. Besides my intel 915 based Mactel has more quirks - sleep doesn't work as is supposed to do, for example. A beige box with hacked system just doesn't compare to real thing. And how ugly it looks...

A.

Well, I went back to 8F1099 using apps from 8F1111. Universal iTunes work fine. I guess 8F1111 is borked in more than one way - in "About this Mac" doesn't show CPU type properly (unlike previous versions). 8F1099 seems a little slower, though. Hope 8F1111A will be leaked soon or our great Maxxuss wil patch 8F1111 properly.

Now I must say this is the kind of experience I never had using a real mac - and I have three around the house. I will buy Intel Mac precisely from this reason: every update will work out of the box. Besides my intel 915 based Mactel has more quirks - sleep doesn't work as is supposed to do, for example. A beige box with hacked system just doesn't compare to real thing. And how ugly it looks...

A.

Wasn't 8f1111a a 'downloadable update'? The way I read it it would be available at Software Update menu. Have you checked that? I mean, if that's downloadable like that I'm sure maxxuss would be able to patch 8f1111a, too. And that's where the money's at, in terms of Rosetta... it's got G4 emulation now.

Wasn't 8f1111a a 'downloadable update'? The way I read it it would be available at Software Update menu. Have you checked that? I mean, if that's downloadable like that I'm sure maxxuss would be able to patch 8f1111a, too. And that's where the money's at, in terms of Rosetta... it's got G4 emulation now.

Yeah, I checked. No 8F1111A at software update. You have to get it from developers' site.

Yeah, I checked. No 8F1111A at software update. You have to get it from developers' site.

Quoting DeathChill and his developer contact, there has never been an 8F1111A...

That's great. I installed 8F1111 with previous TPM patch and some PowerPC applications are broken - i.e. Microsoft Office X and Microsoft Office 2004. They just don't start. Weird, a lot of other PowerPC apps work fine, MUCH faster than in 8F1099 - at least as fast as on my G4 Mini or Powerbook (Intel 915 GAG motherboard and P4 3GHz with SSE3 and NX).

me too