Marvell Support Effort

mortis

223 posts in this topic

i can help you too..... i have an asus a6va. say me where i can download the driver and i will test it.

greetz

manuel

ps: great thing, that anyone is going to make a driver for the ethernet card! thumbs up!

I am as well testing on the asus a6va laptop. A little update: the beta is coming along fast and well, just a few system lockups need to be ironed and maybe a few more basic features. I think we can expect a release very soon. A happy day for Yukon 8001 users :P

guys, an update

driver is working but a big bug has been spotted (thanks to autoy).

basically it has to do with the transmitter stalling when there's a fast stream of outgoing UDP packets. This happens with some p2p apps, resulting in a system freeze.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix, but it requires time to stress test it (I use netperf for this which is a great little tool)

However work has catched up, and since yesterday unfortunately time is not something that I have aplenty.

If I don't find the time to fix it by Monday evening, I'll release the kext and the source as they are now. This way somebody else could have a look at it a help me speeding up the debugging.

Almost forgot, this driver is not only for the 88e8001 chip; when completed it will support:

+ Marvell 88E8001, Belkin F5D5005, CNet GigaCard, DLink DGE-530T,

+ Linksys EG1032/EG1064, 3Com 3C940/3C940B, SysKonnect SK-9871/9872

these are the card supported by skge in linux.

for yukon2 (88E8021,22,35,...) the linux driver is different (sky2) and currently implemented in appleyukon.kext (alas badly)

on Monday I'll create a new thread with kext and sources

bye

mm

guys, an update

driver is working but a big bug has been spotted (thanks to autoy).

basically it has to do with the transmitter stalling when there's a fast stream of outgoing UDP packets. This happens with some p2p apps, resulting in a system freeze.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix, but it requires time to stress test it (I use netperf for this which is a great little tool)

However work has catched up, and since yesterday unfortunately time is not something that I have aplenty.

If I don't find the time to fix it by Monday evening, I'll release the kext and the source as they are now. This way somebody else could have a look at it a help me speeding up the debugging.

Almost forgot, this driver is not only for the 88e8001 chip; when completed it will support:

+ Marvell 88E8001, Belkin F5D5005, CNet GigaCard, DLink DGE-530T,

+ Linksys EG1032/EG1064, 3Com 3C940/3C940B, SysKonnect SK-9871/9872

these are the card supported by skge in linux.

for yukon2 (88E8021,22,35,...) the linux driver is different (sky2) and currently implemented in appleyukon.kext (alas badly)

on Monday I'll create a new thread with kext and sources

bye

mm

good job !,

good idea also to replace stinky "AppleYukon.kext" with anythink better

:)

thanks

men of little faith

it's still Monday :blink:

I had little time to sort out the UDP stream issue, but since the driver works fine for normal usage, I think some of you may appreciate to have it anyway

I haven't created a new thread as I really am in a rush now

The source will follow sometime during the week (need to edit a couple of comments and add a "license" header)

Please don't post asking how to install it or edit the .plist to add your vendorid/devid - there's plenty of instruction in this forum - I will not answer

anyway, enough talk, here's the driver

bye

Doesnt work for my card:

Van 11AB

Dev 4320

I get on startup "the system extention "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ skge.kext" was not installed properly and cannot be used..."

I get the same message afterwards for the AppleYukon.kext too.

Removing the AppleYukon one doesnt do the trick. At one point i did have Built-In ethernet in the networking prefs pane but it said its not plugged in.

typing in sudo dmesg somewhere in the mist there is a line starting with yukonOsx and the cards mac address.

any ideas guys?

working great on my P4P800SE

I also have a P4P800SE but still have problem getting skge.kext to work on Yukon 8001. Would apprecaite if you can detail out the steps on installing skge.kext as well as finding the vendorid/devid for Yukon 8001.

Thank you for your help.