Marvell Support Effort

mortis

223 posts in this topic

I'm using 10.4.1 with the 10.4.3 update where only parts get updated.

I'm loading only AppleYukon.kext. I get the same error no matter if it's already in the IONetworkingfamily.kext or on my desktop.

I'm really clueless, usually I don't have problems following detailed instructions.

I'm using 10.4.1 with the 10.4.3 update where only parts get updated.

I'm loading only AppleYukon.kext. I get the same error no matter if it's already in the IONetworkingfamily.kext or on my desktop.

I'm really clueless, usually I don't have problems following detailed instructions.

The kext is for 10.4.3 it will never work with 10.4.1

So I have to get the full 10.4.3 DVD for X86 and not only update 10.4.1 with the 10.4.3 update?

Yes the 10.4.3 update is userland only, you are still using the 10.4.1 kernel and the kext is linked against 10.4.3 kernel so to make it short you need the full dvd if you want to use this kext

...all you do now is put in your own device id + vendor id...

How do i determine the device id and vender id using software on my PC rather than the online database? I'd like to test if this driver works with the 88E1111 chip.

Edited by kikos

10.4.3(8f1111)

added ID - 432011AB to AppleYukon.kext

Here is the error message:

terminal2.jpg

I thought its works with this ID.

Or i am not this luck?

Maybe it's the fact that I used 10.4.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext, and not the whole 10.4.4 IONetworkingFamilly.kext.

I couldn't load the whole 10.4.4 kext, so I only used the AppleYukon.kext part inside the plugins folder of the 10.4.3 IOnetwokingFamily.kext

either that or manually load the 10.4.3 IONet...kext by issuing "sudo kextload -t IONet...kext" and the load the AppleYukon.kext

I dont know if this helps at all but I was looking through the driver pack that people said had an ATI driver and I found this under: "C:\i10.4.4-extensions\Extensions\IONetworkingFamily.kext\Contents\PlugIns"

"AppleYukon.kext" its a folder in the driver pack I dont know I think it might be something worth checking out.

Never mind I didnt read the whole post before I posted this one.

Edited by saser

oops! I pasted AppleYukon.kext into the IONetworkingFamily.kext plugins, but forgot the -R on chown. now I can't boot osx86. it loads PCata and then looks for usb devices and stops, and says still waiting for root device every few minutes or so.

what can i do, i can't boot into single-user mode because it crashes there too!

macdrive 6 doesn't recognize the osx86 partition

ya, i fixed it, but the internet still doesn't work. Also within 5 minutes of macosx starting, it crashes, displaying the multi-lingual restart message. I also have the 88E8001 (asus p4p se mobo)

btw- I couldn't get any linux to mount the hfs+ partition read-write, even when i stated it explicitly.

(sudo mount -rw -t hfsplus /dev/hdg3 /mnt/hdg3)

Maybe it's the fact that I used 10.4.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext, and not the whole 10.4.4 IONetworkingFamilly.kext.

I couldn't load the whole 10.4.4 kext, so I only used the AppleYukon.kext part inside the plugins folder of the 10.4.3 IOnetwokingFamily.kext

either that or manually load the 10.4.3 IONet...kext by issuing "sudo kextload -t IONet...kext" and the load the AppleYukon.kext

Thanks for your advice.

Now,i used 10.4.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext + 10.4.4 AppleYukon.kext

I do the permissions(755,chown:wheel)

Now the AppleYukon.kext loaded successfully.

Deleted "Extensions.kextcache" & "Extensions.mkext"

After restart i've got restart message on 4 languages.

Some idea? :lol:

Thanks for your advice.

Now,i used 10.4.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext + 10.4.4 AppleYukon.kext

I do the permissions(755,chown:wheel)

Now the AppleYukon.kext loaded successfully.

Deleted "Extensions.kextcache" & "Extensions.mkext"

After restart i've got restart message on 4 languages.

Some idea? :pirate2:

Running 10.4.3...

I edited the plist inside the AppleYukon.kext, chowned the whole thing, got it to load successfully with kextload, moved it inside the IONetworkingFamily.kext, deleted the extensions cache, rebooted....and when i go to the network pref's, built-in etherenet is grayed out. I have the 88E8001, which is onboard my asus p4p800se mobo

I'm a huge os x noob. Basically the first time I used it is today. However, I have a some experience with linux so the bash commands I am familiar with.

Hi, i'm new to this site, but i've been using it recently for help with getting os x working great on my pc :angel:, the website's great and thanks so much for the great info!

I have a marvell yukon integrated ethernet on my nvidia 3 mobo, and i've been trying for so long now to edit the kexts and get it working. I dont seem to have any luck, (neither do anyone on this forum by the looks of things). I'm wondering if anyone have since managed anything.

I want to help in this effort!

halfempty

from what I now, it doesn´t work for 88E8801 models

Flamemaster, : I have no Idea why iti ¡s restarting ... What Marvel model do u use?

Vaderd: If you get to load the driver, do you see a new network interface in Preferences?, Your model seems to be the same as mine so should work flawlessly

Flamemaster, : I have no Idea why iti ¡s restarting ... What Marvel model do u use?

"Flamemaster" :D

Itsa "Marvell 8001 Gigabit Ethernet controller" - VEN11AB DEV4320

It look like the driver are not working with this chipset.

My question is, what is difference between 8001 and 8053?

Can you post some useful link to compare these two network adapters?

Btw, this is not my machine.

I am just trying to help to other foreign forum members.

thx.

Edit:

Mobo: Gigabyte ga-k8nsc-939 (nforce3 250gb)

Network: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper RJ-45

Trying to get the kext working, but kextload throws an error stating that permissions/owner is incorrect. This is after chown and chmod to root:wheel and 777, respectively. Yes, I am running both with their recursive flags and as root. Any ideas?