Marvell Support Effort

mortis

223 posts in this topic

Altaic Can you post the source you've finished so far? I am willing to work on the driver to get it working. I have a marvel yukon chip also and I'm looking to getting it all running, but I need drivers. I already tried the 10.4.4 IONetworkingFamily.kext and it didn't work, just crashed OSX. But yeah, I'm willing to put some time into this.

i've got the intel d915gev with yukon 88E8050. but the kext given doesnt work. i checked the plist and the id is included. followed the instructions but after booting up the os says it couldnt load the driver because of an error...

running 10.4.3 ..009... native. any ideas? might it be because I manually edited a plist so that the OS says it was 10.4.4 ?

i've got the intel d915gev with yukon 88E8050. but the kext given doesnt work. i checked the plist and the id is included. followed the instructions but after booting up the os says it couldnt load the driver because of an error...

running 10.4.3 ..009... native. any ideas? might it be because I manually edited a plist so that the OS says it was 10.4.4 ?

the kext only works with 10.4.3 81111 it doesn't with the older build

I get an authorization error owner of the yukon related files is wrong.

I chowned and ran the disk utility to repair the rights (didn't find anything wrong with these files) but still doesnt load because of wrong access rights.

during all the efforts and rebootings I had the yukon port blinking and was successfully pinging my router but then it was dead again.

please provide instructions in what order i have to do what exactly (I was away from unix CLI for over 10 years now).

in order to prevent reinstalling with every reboot,

a) correct permisions

:excl: delete extensions.mkext and extensions.kextcahche from /system/library/

good luck

if anybody wonders, I "DHCP" and do not PPPoE in my setup......

Up and running un a Toshiba M45sp351

Marvell is 88E8036

Just extracted the AppleYukon.kext plugin and placed it on my ionetworking family.kext plugijn folder, edited the usual plist.info to add the model, and chowned the whole thing.....

so far so good... gets recognized as a 88e8053

Os is 10.4.3, ( the 099 one not the 11a g or whatever)

mortis i'm a complete newbie in macos...can you explain with more detail what i have to do to make my marvell ethenet card works?

i have downloaded this: [Violation of DMCA]

what i have to do next?

thanks in advance.

mortis i'm a complete newbie in macos...can you explain with more detail what i have to do to make my marvell ethenet card works?

i have downloaded this: [Violation of DMCA]

what i have to do next?

thanks in advance.

every kext (kernel extension) is essentially a directory thad contains many files within.

unzip the file you downnloaded

then "right-click" on it and select "show package contents".

You should find a new finder window that has a directory called "Contents"

Open that one, ant the open the "Plugins" directory"

Copy the AppleYukon.kext to your Desktop

Now "right-Click" on AppleYukon.kext, and Show Contents

there should be a file called info.plist

edit that file to include your vendor/ID

personally I do it Using the terminal.app, and pico

then in terminal,

sudo chown -R root:wheel /pathto/AppleYukon.kext

try it with sudo ketload -t AppleYukon.kext

if it works, move it inside your IONetworkingFamily kext:

sudo mv -R AppleYukon.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

then delete the kextcache

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.*

and reboot

GIZMO: did you user the -R flag in the chown command?

as in "sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleYukon.kext"

Edited by other

how far are you along in getting your driver to work? I have found that editing the plist doesn't get the driver working for me, instead it causes a kernel panic. So if its possible can you get the wired driver working. Thanks.

Posting from wireless Broadcom 4318 b/g

MAC OS X

Mobile Athlon 64 3700+

Also Booting:

Windows XP Pro 32

Windows XP Pro x64

Windows Vista Beta 1 x64

WIndows 2003 Server 32

Knoppix

moris you are a beautiful human being.

running beautifully on my gateway with on board marvell yukon 88E8036 ethernet.

thank you again man!

now to get my broadcom wireless 4318 working!

Where do I add my vendor ID to that file?

scroll down the file awhile until you see a tag with a few chunks of text that look like 0x845911AB. there is only one tag with that stuff in it, so you cant miss it. all you do now is put in your own device id + vendor id. for example, my device id is 0x4351 and my vendor id is 0x11AB. so just take the part of the vendor ID after the '0x' and append it onto the end of your device ID. so what i ended up adding to the file was: 0x435111AB

Can anyone tell me how do I look up the device ID in windows. I thought it would be in device manager, but the format in windows seems different than the one in mac os.

How exactly should I add it then?

http://www.pcidatabase.com has a great database of products and their respective device ID's, as well as the ID's of their vendors.

hope that helps you guys!

I just can't load that driver.

I'm using Marvell Yukon EC 88E8053 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller which is on my asus motherboard.

The correct vendor ID is allready in the info.plist. When I try to load it I get authentication failures. File owner/permissions are incorect.

Please help.