• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

brokenlink

brokenlink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

brokenlink: I have the AppleYukon driver working perfectly on my 8F1111 system as we speak. I simply replaced the IONetworkingFamily and IOPCIFamily kexts on my system, and deleted all the unnecessary plug-ins. Because my board is the D915GEV (88E8050), I had to change the PCI match ID to 0x436111AB.

This is good news.

It might be time to remove the two incompatible hardware list entries for the 88E8050 and 88E8053 chips.

The 88E8001 situation seems much more bleak. :D Still working on that driver altaic?

myzar

myzar

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
This is the full ionetworking kext + the marvel driver from 10.4.4

<Snipped - Violation>

copy it in the extension folder overwriting the old or first delete the old and then copy the new.

Repair permissions delete the kextcache

sudo -s
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot and pray, trying to do a ppoe connection hangs my system but the lan works so use it at your own risk

autoy

autoy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Which is your chip version Myzar?

stmkjp

stmkjp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
so this means the driver does not support 88E8001/8003/8010 chipset??...

myzar

myzar

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Which is your chip version Myzar?

88E8001/8003/8010 the onboard nforce3 250 marvel

it's matched with the id 0x432011AB.

This pisses me off , the lan works but i can't connect with my ethernet alcatel speed touch home modem

it tries to connect then the connection times out and the whole os freezes , i'm non sure if it's the card or ppoe is fuxored on 10.4.3

altaic

altaic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Are there reports of ppoe having problems with other cards? This may not be specific to the Yukons.

I haven't abandoned my code. It seems like the apple driver does what we need it to, albeit a bit unstably. Ideally, 10.4.4's TPM will be thwarted and we'll see if they're caused by mixing 10.4.4 and 10.4.3. My driver is a lower priority now that I know there is something that looks like it'll work for us. It happens to work for me right now, in fact.

As far as the whole "Don't Steal Mac OS X" thing goes, if you buy OS X and use it on non-apple hardware, the message has nothing to do with you. Apple just wants to stem the flow of OS X piracy created by the beta-testing. It was a clever way to get the message out without appearing to be heavy-handed.

stmkjp

stmkjp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
tried on 88E8001/8003/8010, with DHCP ethernet connection, gave me freezing OS...so it's not the problem of PPPoE i guess.
when I boot in -v, some weird messages showed up.
it was something like '00000,00000 starting BMU, bug hit.'
I dunno what this mean, but OSX seems trying BMU thing continuously but keep failing, and it may eventually kills OSX.

any ideas?

autoy

autoy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
hmm... maybe this driver needs to be initialized via EFI like the graphics one, or maybe it needs the new kernel somehow.

Looks like the kext loads ok, same as the new ATI ones.

Altaic, you say yours works fully, what chip are you on?

Edited by autoy, 17 January 2006 - 05:16 PM.

myzar

myzar

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

hmm... maybe this driver needs to be initialized via EFI like the graphics one, or maybe it needs the new kernel somehow.

Looks like the kext loads ok, same as the new ATI ones.

Altaic, you say yours works fully, what chip are you on?

it's more like the driver is for Yukon-88E8053 only and has a bug with the old marvell and we are screwed again

in the plist it says

Apple-Marvell Yukon-2 Gigabit Ethernet Driver

and we are forcing it on the old card. oh well sounds like it's time to buy a cheap realtek card unless someone can disassemble the driver and figure out what goes wrong with the old card

mortis

mortis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Up and running un a Toshiba M45sp351
Marvell is 88E8036
Just extracted the AppleYukon.kext plugin and placed it on my ionetworking family.kext plugijn folder, edited the usual plist.info to add the model, and chowned the whole thing.....

so far so good... gets recognized as a 88e8053

Os is 10.4.3, ( the 099 one not the 11a g or whatever)

Edited by mortis, 18 January 2006 - 08:02 PM.

autoy

autoy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Oh {censored}, I need a fix for 88E8001 soon. I'm stuck with the integrated NIC in my laptop. It's not fair LOL

EdFlyer

EdFlyer

Computer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Altaic Can you post the source you've finished so far? I am willing to work on the driver to get it working. I have a marvel yukon chip also and I'm looking to getting it all running, but I need drivers. I already tried the 10.4.4 IONetworkingFamily.kext and it didn't work, just crashed OSX. But yeah, I'm willing to put some time into this.

other

other

Other.

• Retired
  • 929 posts
Yeah, I got it working on my Asus P5AD2 Premium on board LAN!

Its using: Marvell 88E8053 PCI Express Gigabit LAN Controller :(

gizmo

gizmo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
i've got the intel d915gev with yukon 88E8050. but the kext given doesnt work. i checked the plist and the id is included. followed the instructions but after booting up the os says it couldnt load the driver because of an error...
running 10.4.3 ..009... native. any ideas? might it be because I manually edited a plist so that the OS says it was 10.4.4 ?

mortis

mortis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Gizmo: did you edit the whole kext, or only the appleyukon.kext plugin?

if so:
whats the output of sudo kextload -t appleyukon.kext

myzar

myzar

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

i've got the intel d915gev with yukon 88E8050. but the kext given doesnt work. i checked the plist and the id is included. followed the instructions but after booting up the os says it couldnt load the driver because of an error...
running 10.4.3 ..009... native. any ideas? might it be because I manually edited a plist so that the OS says it was 10.4.4 ?

the kext only works with 10.4.3 81111 it doesn't with the older build

mortis

mortis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

the kext only works with 10.4.3 81111 it doesn't with the older build

incorrect.....

i have it working in the other (the 1099) 10.4.3 build.

myzar

myzar

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

incorrect.....

i have it working in the other (the 1099) 10.4.3 build.

dunno then if he posts the error that could help to figure out the problem

gizmo

gizmo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I get an authorization error owner of the yukon related files is wrong.
I chowned and ran the disk utility to repair the rights (didn't find anything wrong with these files) but still doesnt load because of wrong access rights.
during all the efforts and rebootings I had the yukon port blinking and was successfully pinging my router but then it was dead again.
please provide instructions in what order i have to do what exactly (I was away from unix CLI for over 10 years now).

dreister

dreister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it is the PPPoE config that kills the yukon driver on gizmos computer. melvin: do you PPPoE?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy