Should Microsoft shills be banned?

Should Microsoft shills be banned?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Yes
    • No

17 posts in this topic

This poll needs a third option for people who don't care, or are undecided.

As of yet, the only threads these "Shills" "attack" are comparison threads between Windows and Mac. Alot of the stuf they come out with is MS propaganda, but so is half of what the Mac freaks spout.

Microsoft supporters should have a right to defend their operating system, in those threads. I get pissed off with them as well, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve the chance to speak. As long as they do not "infect" important discussions, such as new release threads, application support forums, or hackintosh development and support forums, that's fine.

If they spread into innapropriate areas, they're breaking either rules, common sense, etiquette or a combination of all three and should be banned. Until then, there's no problem.

As of yet, the only threads these "Shills" "attack" are comparison threads between Windows and Mac. Alot of the stuf they come out with is MS propaganda, but so is half of what the Mac freaks spout.

Microsoft supporters should have a right to defend their operating system, in those threads. I get pissed off with them as well, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve the chance to speak. As long as they do not "infect" important discussions, such as new release threads, application support forums, or hackintosh development and support forums, that's fine.

If they spread into inappropriate areas, they're breaking either rules, common sense, etiquette or a combination of all three and should be banned. Until then, there's no problem.

Yup, totally agree with you. Most windows fanboys here are not extremists, so let them be. Just dont let people start threads like Vista Rocks or OSX Sucks or similar OS comparison threads.

I am trying to add another option to the poll, but it doesn't seem possible (if anybody knows how to do it please let me know).

I absolutely agree about everybody having a right to express their opinions. If somebody says that Microsoft has created good operating systems like Windows 2000, 2003 or XP 64 I will agree, absolutely. Hell, even XP 32 bit isn't bad at all now, after all these years of bugfixing.

But my point here is rather different. There are one or two people who will resort to personal attacks. Granted, I may replay in the same way, but I don't think that is the point. You can read all my posts in other threads and I believe that they are pretty balanced.

And definitely I am not the only one who has been pissed or who has put them on their ignore list.

So long as they don't get out of hand, there is no reason to ban them

Nonny Moose, don't you think that people who regularly resort to personal attacks are "a bit" out of hand already?

I like Macs and PCs. I also never resort to personal attacks, like Alessandro does. I just keep the fanboys in line with their distortion of the facts.

Dude you're so messed up. :)

Thanks Alessandro17 for the link :)

PS:

I think they should stay as long as we all keep out fingers within the boundaries of what's tolerable.

I myself would hate this site to become one of those Mac Hippie sites where Steve Jobs can do no wrong. I myself enjoy criticising OS X just as much as I do XP/Vista. Think it's healthy to keep a distance from all OS's to have an objective view. It mean we can argue a case more effectively.

everyone has the right to say whatever they want here (except for racist/other not allowed things) i like os x too, i feel sorry for people stuck in windowz land, but i will except them, let them say what they want and let them roll in the sh*t (my opinon) of windows

Dude you're so messed up. :hysterical:

Thanks Alessandro17 for the link ;)

Welcome :)

PS:

I think they should stay as long as we all keep out fingers within the boundaries of what's tolerable.

I myself would hate this site to become one of those Mac Hippie sites where Steve Jobs can do no wrong. I myself enjoy criticising OS X just as much as I do XP/Vista. Think it's healthy to keep a distance from all OS's to have an objective view. It mean we can argue a case more effectively.

everyone has the right to say whatever they want here (except for racist/other not allowed things) i like os x too, i feel sorry for people stuck in windowz land, but i will except them, let them say what they want and let them roll in the sh*t (my opinon) of windows

AcePlayer, Soundless, I agree with you. We have plenty of people who like Windows but are quite polite. Even I don't totally dislike it (XP 64 is great, rock-solid and very fast on the right hardware)

What we should not tolerate is rudeness and personal attacks.

What we should not tolerate is rudeness and personal attacks.
That I couldn't agree more with. It's just that I think we should give them a chance to settle in and then ideally a Admin or Mod should give them a warning. Only if things continue to severely go downhill then a ban should be necessary.

I guess what I don't want is also for this site to be a "ban first, ask questions later" site because everyone can change and needs a 2nd, 3rd,... chance. God knows when I started here me and OryHara were letting it rip at one and another.. (funny days... how I miss them). We don't any more, mainly because I don't have time (lol) to hang around in Real Lifeâ„¢ (don't use this as an excuse to ban it). But also because as time went on, in a weird way we gained an understanding of one another I would probably say (we'll at least that's how I see it). And I think this can happen will everyone if you give them enough time. I'm not saying OryHara and I will never argue but I would like to think we can keep it fairly low and at the end we do (and can be) toned down.

:hysterical:

BTW the site I don't want this place to become like is like islamictorrents.net. The owners/managers of that place are some money greedy {censored} IMO. I remember I signed up because I wanted to look at some Islamic videos and I noticed that for a so called Islamic website they were too heavily into their ads and banners. So much so that it was off putting using the site. Also I could not understand what kind of an idiot (I normally wouldn't call Muslims this but these people were) would have a system in place where you can only use search if you have a ratio of 1+. Now to some people this might seem to make sense but understand this... as a new member your ratio is 0. And if you download 1.4GB of mixed media, as I did, then it's going to be difficult to bring that back up in a day or 2 (especially with a slow upload speed like mine). And in the mean time you can no longer perform even a simple search as they've disabled it. So I hope you can see it's very very easy to fall below a ratio of 1 in the beginning. What then took the {censored} was that they were then e-mailing me (within a day of joining) to increase my ratio or I may be banned. I then wrote a extensive post on their feedback forum regarding how I disliked the sites extensive ads climate (especially for a Islamic site I thought) and how the search idea was a major handicap which especially affected new members badly. I explained I was not complaining but ideally was making suggestions which may benefit the site and it's members. I assumed them being Muslim they would want Islamic materials to be accessible to all as easily as possible would mean they may implement some changes.

I got banned the next day - only a member for 2 days I think - for flaming and for a poor ratio according to them. I emailed them and tried to explain the post was not an attack but positive suggestions but the {censored} that calls himself Muslim wanted none of it. Greedy $$$. I promised myself I would show the members of the site just what the greedy selfish twats who run that place are like - that they would kick out someone whose looking for Islamic material within 2 days. I still need to get around to doing this.... I was pissed for like 5 days straight.

Back On Topic

Anyway I went way off topic there people. Sorry. My point is please let's not become like those asses. Being a tolerant site is something we should be proud of and I am. But there does come a point where enough is simply enough ;) (jk)

PS: I'm gona wait and see who's first...

It is sad to read such a story.

I lived in a Muslim area for just over 2 years in Leeds.

I loved the people there. They were nice, friendly, extremely dignified.

My landlord was a Muslim as well. He and his family were my best friends.

They were extremely sad when I had to leave and they couldn't stop saying what a good tenant I had been.

Sorry, I went off topic as well ;)

HOLD ON A MINUTE! ;)

What about the rest of us? Where do you stand on Autokemetics?

Staying off topic, but that needs a response! ;)

LOL. I was wondering when and who would point this out. Generally i'm just better able to restrain myself better when it's a confrontation with a muslim then when it's with non-muslim. Just that how it is for me. Don't ask me why. But everyone can tip me over at some point.

Autokemetics? Sorry no idea what that is and no time to google. Anyway chillax.

Also glad to see the situation has been resolved as the sub-title indicates.