Kismus Mac OS X Utility Disk... VMWare.. Trying to install JaS 10.4.8 SSE3

1 post in this topic

Okay, i've been trying to install the JaS 10.4.8 SSE3 Intel Only disk for the past 24 hours now... Been on the hackint0sh IRC channel for advice and help, nothing they suggest has solved my problem. This was all whilst trying to install from boot.

I then downloaded VMWare, and the Kismus utility disk, to determine whether it was a hardware or software problem.. It booted up the Kismus disk, and i ran the 'Disk Utility' application. I got the following two errors when checking the partition i set up for the Mac install:

First error - after clicking the 'Verify disk' button.

kismus1.png

Second error - after clicking the 'Repair disk' button.

kismus2.png

So can anyone help me out? I'm quite the n00b in this area of computers, it's not the sort of thing i do on a regular basis! (install multiple OS's)..

If you need more info then let me know.

Hardware specs here: HP Pavilion dv8396ea

Thanks

EDIT:

okay, i solved my problem with the partition by 'erasing' it with the same utility. it then passed the 'verify disk' step.

but still, when i try to install the JaS it just crashes before i even get to the install steps.. it just goes round and round in the same loop. It shows the 'loading darwin/x86' line for about 5 seconds, then shows a grey screen with an apple logo in the background, and a message saying to reboot the system. is it the install disk that's corrupt or something..? it can't be my hardware, because the Kismus disc DOES boot.

thanks for any replies