Install Problem

12 posts in this topic

I have been getting an error while install Mac OS X.

MachOError.jpg

That normally pops up while its writing the essentials.

I was wondering if there was any better way to get info about the error. (Like a Debugger)

Is there anyone who has any idea how to fix this. I did a DVD check with the setup software and there were no errors.

Im On Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit.

Vmware Workstatio 5.5.3

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

JaS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel SSE2/SSE3 Release With: V1P Patch, Defiant Diskutil Patch, Bikedude880's ICH7-R Patch

It's able to set up Base System 1... But 24% or 25% into writing essentials I get that error.

Another question is there anyway to install through the terminal?

Thanks for the help.

-Steve

I had the same problem and I solved installing ONLY my CPU patch even though it supports SS2 and SS3.

Don't intall any other driver (Audio, Vidio) or any other patch.

Why don't you try to mount the iso with daemon tools?

Good Luck :(

You need the Essentials... The Install order is System Base Part 1 then Essentials. I already tried turning off everything else. I got the 2 DVDs from a friend who formated his computer right after finishing downloading the DVD.

But I did try to Rip the dvd with alcohol 120% then mount it.... There was no help.

Is there anyway that i can install through the terminal? I was thinking the installer was buggy.

Men, I've been having the same issue since January when my P4 motherboard died. I upgraded to a Dual Core 2, asus P5LD2-VM motherboar, 1 gb PNY DDR2 and a new Pioneer 111D dvd drive (perfect setup for OSX).

When I got my system ready to install the installation crashed about 45-80% of the essentials installation. I've changed my motherboard twice, my cpu (got a new one from intel in exchange for the defective one) a new western digital 320 sata hard drive. I even changed my powersupply to an Antec Neo HE 550.

Advised by other people I've burned 12 different DVD's, I even tried to install my old 10.4.3-10.4.7 with the same errors. I've tried diffrent media brands for the dvds. Three different dvd burners/players.

I even took time from work today to try installing just the Intel patch, and it doesn't works.

What the f--k is going on. I've seen a lot of other people suffering from the same error and haven't seen a good asnwer or response that actually solves the problem. One guy on a previous post was able to install the system on a friends computer and then reconnected the hard drive back to his system.

Hope this helps somehow, I haven't given up yet. Up to this upgrade my Hackintosh was working perfectly.

Well Thanks For the help! I will keep on testing things tonight and I will report back if I can fix it. I'm thinking about finding new Drivers for vista and testing some other things in VMWare.... Well anymore comments or ideas might help me figure this out. So help is needed.

Im also having the same problem. My native installation stops at 50%- 60%. I already use another dvd reader and extra hdd, but still havin the same problem. Even in vmware installtion, with the iso being mounted with deamon, alcohol and magic disk,but still the same problem arises. Installation of "Essentials" abruptly stops. Im using HotISO 10.4.6 dvd. I downloaded it from a torrent site, in RAR file. It had a crc error when unpacked, but still, I managed to extract it successfully wiht 7zip but still with errors. I have no further problem with the iso and the burned iso, except for the installation error of "ESSENTIALS".

Specs:

Intel Celeron CPU, SSE2 capable only

Asrock mobo, Intel 845 chipped

LG multi-writer

ASUS DVD Rom

ATA HDD

ESSENTIALS installation failure:

I DID GET PASSED THE ESSENTIALS installation this time, after several failures,

but failed at BSD installation.

I think the problem is, not a burn fault or something. Its the ISO, but it is not so practical to re-download and re-burn the file specially for those who have slow internet connections.

What I did was a modification of the iso file, well, not really modification.

But right now, I have another error. BSD installation failed after installing the ESSENTIALS. I'll give some update, if I have a successful installation.

Note: I used HotISO 10.4.6

I also used DVD-RW for testing.

I HAVE SUCCUSSFUL INSTALLATION after downloading and installing JaS 10.4.8

post-101620-1177347123_thumb.jpg

Reburning fixes the majority of the problems, surprisingly. You just need to make sure it doesn't get scratched (and -R seems to work better than +R, but that's just me). If that doesn't work, I know that there's a second patch for that ISO in the world of torrents.