Azureus 2.3.0.6 for 10.4.3 working

xtraa

51 posts in this topic

If I tr-boot, can I use the same torrent file to resume the serving and download no matter what OS i'm in as long as I can write to disk?

I'll bet this has already been tested, but I'll answer anyway.

Unfortunately, a single torrent file is not useable on different OS's. I tried a completed Windows torrent in Mac, and it started to download the file to the Mac hard drive.

Hello all

i followed the instructions on this thread , downloaded the patched azureus,

then it won't run, did the chmod 755 , it won't run - rather a black screen came and was giving msg to press the power button to reboot and in diff languages :wacko:

then i did what John van has advised, the whole path in terminal and it came up with the black screen straight away

now, when i have deleted azureus frm the system

just now bef this post the black screen came again

any help on this ?

i am runnin 8f1111A (g)

thanks and regards

Mutahir

Hello all

i followed the instructions on this thread , downloaded the patched azureus,

then it won't run, did the chmod 755 , it won't run - rather a black screen came and was giving msg to press the power button to reboot and in diff languages :wacko:

then i did what John van has advised, the whole path in terminal and it came up with the black screen straight away

now, when i have deleted azureus frm the system

just now bef this post the black screen came again

any help on this ?

i am runnin 8f1111A (g)

thanks and regards

Mutahir

Hmm, let me guess, you are running an SSE2 CPU?

You could try to copy over the two hidden oah files with the one from maxxuss latest patch, that solved

some issues for some people. See this thread and also the new maxxus sse2 v2.0 patch

Anyway, the same version still works fine here (sse3, pae, nx xd) so maybe it is caused by rosetta. A hint

on this would be, that you tried to force it running with rosetta, when you tried jordvanbergen's workaround,

and that this caused a mach reboot.

Edited by xtraa

hi all, first time posting here. i had a question about the azureus that xtraa had posted. i went ahead and installed - had to the do the 755 to get the app to execute in applications, however after launching the app, it's asking me to update my java version and was wondering if you guys also updated yours. i thought that i better ask then to break my current os. my current system is osx86 10.4.3 8f111 native install. if i need to update, can i just update with a JRE that is comatible with PPC OSX??? any input is greatly appreciated.

did you update yoru java package? my azureus, when launched states that my java should be upgraded... and before i do so, i wanted to check with other to see if they upgraded theirs as well. my azureus is a bit slow in dwnloading, i already made sure to open up udp 6881, double checked the speed settings for up and download, my only concern now is maybe my app is a bit slow because of outdated java/azureus?????

did you update yoru java package? my azureus, when launched states that my java should be upgraded... and before i do so, i wanted to check with other to see if they upgraded theirs as well. my azureus is a bit slow in dwnloading, i already made sure to open up udp 6881, double checked the speed settings for up and download, my only concern now is maybe my app is a bit slow because of outdated java/azureus?????

Hmm,

what version of OSX do you have? Azureus asked me to upgrade the program version. If that's the case, go ahead :poster_oops:

I let Azureus do the version update and it is working with no probs here.

But if it wants to upgrade the java runtimes, I don't know if I would do that. Normally, the v1.5 in the

latest 10.4.3 should be fine to run anything you need.

Edited by xtraa

thanks for your reply, i am running native install 10.4.3 8f1111 and it installed java version 1.4.2_09

"java version "1.4.2_09"

Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_09-239)

Java HotSpot Client VM (build 1.4.2-66, mixed mode)"

i was also skeptical about just upgrading java as it might break somehting. any thoughts?

Hmm, let me guess, you are running an SSE2 CPU?

You could try to copy over the two hidden oah files with the one from maxxuss latest patch, that solved

some issues for some people. See this thread and also the new maxxus sse2 v2.0 patch

Anyway, the same version still works fine here (sse3, pae, nx xd) so maybe it is caused by rosetta. A hint

on this would be, that you tried to force it running with rosetta, when you tried jordvanbergen's workaround,

and that this caused a mach reboot.

Hi xtraa, i have a sse3 system, it shows in system profiler as well, but still no luck with azureus

do u think it might be coz of java ? shall i download one from sun.com and see what happens ??

any idea?

regards

Mutahir

Hi xtraa, i have a sse3 system, it shows in system profiler as well, but still no luck with azureus

do u think it might be coz of java ? shall i download one from sun.com and see what happens ??

any idea?

regards

Mutahir

no it can't be java, because it is running stabil here. I would not touch the java if I were you, afaik this is a special version for x86. You could of course make a backup, and try it. But I think this won't work.

Hi. It seems that after I upgraded from 81111 to 81111a, whenever I launch Azureus my entire system locks up. You cant even move the mouse or use the keyboard. All you can do is do a hard power down and reboot. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any ideas as to why this is happening or how it might be fixed? It worked great before applying the patches to my 10.4.3 81111 installation. Also, this is the latest version of azureus im using (2.3.0.6) and I could never seem to get oder versions to work right. This is the only piece of software that I am having a problem with. Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I install the Azureus in my pc with 10.4.3 too, but the Azureus not open... I don´t get any message error, but it do any thing.

I don´t know if the problem is the JVM, becouse in my Web Browser (Safari and Firefox) the websites that have app in Java, nothing hapen too..

Any body can help me please?

Tanks

delete the Azureus directory in the ApplicationSupport folder under Library in your user name directory. if you are running 8f1111a, you must have the latest Azureur. I think it was already posted here.

OT: For firefox crashing browsing Java pages, untick the Java box under firefox security prefs.

you don't. if you do, i'm sure it'll break something. what Azureus version are you using? You should be using 2.3.0.6. If not, find it. If 2.3.0.6 is starting java 1.4.2, then it will work becuase it works on my install.

works here too, thank you very, very much! (10.4.3 not the new itunrs version, first version, Shuttle XPC81P)

i have another problem: azureus and all other internet-programs stop here after a while when i download a torrent. connections seem to be held (numbers dont vanish) but dl/up indicators drop to 0 and no site could be loaded in safari after that. i rebooted it a few times, but now i close all apps, plug off the dsl-modem (usb-connected, lan does not work...), plug it in again, renew in network and azureus and internet-stuff works again. what the hell could that be? can someone help?

I have the same problem in 10.4.3(1099)

Hi, can anyone who has downloaded this patched azureus please rehost as the existing host doesn't seem to work for me (think it may be older than 30 days).

Thanks.

EDIT -> Scrap that it's working now, but it might be good for others to add more hosts

Edited by MikeBee