2G Nano 8gb x 5G Video 30gb

25 posts in this topic

I have a medium musica collection that sizes up to 10gb, and now i'm looking forward to buy an iPod =)

For 250 bucks i can get a 8gb nano, or a 30gb ipod video. Here's my current situation:

- I don't care much for videos

- I like the 30gb size :whistle:

- I ride a bicycle to school twice a day

Can the 30gb HDD ipod resist to some vibrations? Will it break soon if i take it to school?

This is the top doubt i have...I need to trust its durability because i'm gonna buy it on the US and bring it to Brazil...so no returning policy :thumbsup_anim:

Guys and girls that own one of these ipods please give me this feedback i need. :)

I have a 4 gig 2nd Gen nano and i love it, its very small and fits in any pocket, since there is no moving parts i dont have to worry about skipping. Seeing as you ride your bike to and from school, i would go with the nano because the iPod video is a lot bigger. But then again, I dont have as big of a music collection as you do. In your position, i think that the nano would be best for you... just my :whistle:

Yeah, I've had a few buds that had iPod's (not mini or nano) that were nothing but trouble. Definitely not as durable, especially compared to the aluminum cases on those new iPod Nanos. I use my iPod Nano (1G) every day and have not had problems with it ever for the more than year that I've owned it.

And yeah, I abuse the heck out of it, lol.

Definitely go Nano. Besides, you're not always going to want your ENTIRE music collection on your iPod, right? And 30 GB is more than the 10 GB you say your thing is. A ton more.

Just my suggestion.

Sorry but i'm new to iPods lol

Is changing the musics inside it an easy thing to do? Because i'm always ripping new albums, and need to change the musics on the ipod very often...

iTunes is the best solution for doing this or other software can do this easily?

Thank you all for the tips!

Almost forgot...does the nano really need a case or can i spend the money of the case in an acessory like dock or fm transmitter?

Smart choice my friend.I have a nano 1g and its great,about the case its highlz recomended if you do not want to scratch that little display.And about the itunes sync with the ipod its simple and easy, just connect the ipod and your done.

Saludos

I'm almost decided to get the 8gb black one, and the Titan Clear case (A- in ilounge). The issue is that this case is only sold in the manufacturer site, and i wanted to buy the ipod and the case at the same online store (like bestbuy), to be easier to the person that will buy it for me pick the right stuff, and also doesn't need to register in 2 online stores just to buy a case. Is there any trustable online store that sells this case and the ipod?

Oh my...i'm gettind crazy tryin to decide about this haha

At this moment i'm choosing the 30gb =/

I heard that the HD is not damaged if you do the "shaking" activity with the ipod turned off, is it true?

Also i like the idea of having my entire collection in my pocket =P and the size of the video isn't big for me...

The point is, any HDD-based music player will have durability issues up to some degree. Apple just has a good lead in the "Skip-free" department.

The iPod Nano is flash memory based and so wouldn't pose a durability issue.

If you want something small and durable even if you drop it, get an iPod Nano. If you are careful at carrying your iPod and want that 30 GBs of goodness, get the iPod Video. It's your choice and your choice alone.

ive still got and use my 40gig 3g ipod. the four button and touchpad scroll wheel one. I use it every day, walking, riding bikes, at uni, in the car, on the bus, etc etc. Ive treated it with a bit of respect, (it did cost me $849AU when it was brand new, boy that hurt my savings!), but as with anything you do drop it. mine has taken falls from the roof of my car, off my desk a few times, out of my pocket whilst riding my bike as you would expect with near daily use. The only problem i have had with mine, other than its rather scratched and not so pretty exterior now, is the battery is practically dead. They are sturdy machines treat them well and they will last and last.

i would love a new nano thou, they are nice....

Cases?

Marware Sidewinder (iLounde A-): http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...plm=TH637LL%2FA

Agent18 VideoShield Kit (iLounge A-): http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...plm=TH639LL%2FA

Belkin Brushed Metal/Acrylic Case: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...plm=TL017LL%2FA

Griffin Reflect Case: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...plm=TM007LL%2FA

All the same price, 2 of them high-rated on iLounge...do one of you have one of this?

Thank you guys for all your opinions, and today i have ordered my 30gb white video...i found out that storage space will be very useful for me.

Good choice. That is what I would've gone with. I have 7.95 GB of music, and getting a nano would be out of the question. It'd get filled up too quickly, and I'd have an iPod which doesn't hold all my music. Instead, I have a 30GB 4th iPod Photo.

If I was in your shoes, I would've gone with the 30GB iPod too.

Oh, and http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...plm=TM007LL%2FA looks pretty cool. Although it may get scratched up - but hey, that's what a case is for, right?