32 replies to this topic

ipguy

ipguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
hi all
i understand it's next to pointless hacking a beta of Leopard but am wondering if anything is contemplating getting Leopard running on non-apple hardware ?
has anyone already done so ?

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
Leopard has already been run on non-apple hardware by the well known people we all know. They just don't want to release it because they don't want apple to see the patches and modify the kernel to block us. It's like a chess game with apple. Every time we make a patch, they see how it's done and modify and block it. Just wait and keep silent and you'll see the final release in june..... :)

ipguy

ipguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Leopard has already been run on non-apple hardware by the well known people we all know. They just don't want to release it because they don't want apple to see the patches and modify the kernel to block us. It's like a chess game with apple. Every time we make a patch, they see how it's done and modify and block it. Just wait and keep silent and you'll see the final release in june..... :)

mum's the word !

Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Actually hackintosh gets more people to use mac os x... since people who don't know whether mac is good will install mac on their computer, and, upon finding out that it indeed is awesome, will buy a real mac.

However, Apple thinks that if everyone uses hackintosh, nobody will buy macintosh, so they try to prevent people from hacking os x.

Nothing is impossible though.

Unless Apple starts using a radically different kind of computer, nearly all versions of mac os x will get hacked sooner or later.

People on this forum have managed to get Leopard running on PC's already.

AppleMacintosh

AppleMacintosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Apple's view on this is like Microsoft with OS piracy. They intend to stop the masses from doing it, and prevent it from being easy enough for the masses to do it, but won't kill themselves to try to combat the hardcore hackers that will always find a way around anyway.

twoodcc

twoodcc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Apple's view on this is like Microsoft with OS piracy. They intend to stop the masses from doing it, and prevent it from being easy enough for the masses to do it, but won't kill themselves to try to combat the hardcore hackers that will always find a way around anyway.

yeah i agree with you.

GBK.Xscape

GBK.Xscape

Carpe Deim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
if theres a will theres a way....

xplizid

xplizid

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
i agree with Purple Puppy. i was considering buying a mac last fall but went with the cheaper dell party because imacs dont appeal to me but are the only mid range mac out there, and wasnt sure if id adjust to it as my friend had a mac and i was always confused--long time windows user. Since using my hack for about the 6months i love it and never find myself in windows - i have abandoned all games i played for the os. the only ppl that would install osx86 are ppl intrested in buying a mac the average person isnt going to search a forum to get there hardware working. Even with the ability to hack the os my next computer will be a mac. Cant wait for Leopard to hit the shelves and blow vista away.

sev7en

sev7en

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:AIEN
Due to new release date, maybe Hackintosh world could give a sneak peak to Leopard. :star_smile:

Adrian Fogge

Adrian Fogge

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 794 posts
Um... I doubt it.

The powers that be would still want to keep their method secret until a final release to make sure that Apple does not have a chance to patch their method preventing it from working with a FINAL leopard build.

franky dv9064

franky dv9064

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
don't you think they will try thelselfs ? Just to see where the hole's are ?

Fernando C

Fernando C

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I have Hackintosh on my computer... And I want to buy a Mac!!! The problem is money... but I will buy one later :whistle: ... Sorry for my english xD
When you try Mac, is impossible to come back to Windows or other OS.
Macintosh is AMAZING!!!!!

"However, Apple thinks that if everyone uses hackintosh, nobody will buy macintosh, so they try to prevent people from hacking os x. " <---------- I think its false
Since people can install MacOs, I think that a lot of them wants to buy a Mac to obtain all the functionallity of the OS :thumbsup_anim:

fumanju

fumanju

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I'm a recent convert to Mac OS X, about two weeks now. I gotta say that I have barely used Vista in the past two weeks since I got OS X running on my Dell Laptop. I only boot into Vista to access files on my NTFS format external HDD.

Like the poster(s) before me, I plan on getting a Mac for my next computer, but probably not any time soon. I actually just bought the Dell laptop last September after a Toshiba that I had used for 3 years died. If only I had waited an extra week before buying the Dell, I could have bought a Core 2 Duo MacBook. Apple is really good at keeping secret...too good.

In my opinion, I don't think it would hurt Apple (much) if they would throw us a bone now and then. I think Hackintosh is a good marketing tool to lure the not-so-hardcore PC users, like myself who have been using PCs for 10+ years, over to the Mac side. Come to think of it, I wouldnt be surprised if there are Apple-paid technicians among the Hackintosh gurus guiding us toward enlightenment. And I mean that in the most respectable way, I'm definitely NOT saying that those techs are deceiving us. Anyway, if Apple were to unofficially support Hackintosh, I tihnk that it would be the most they could do short of releasing OS X for PC.

Which brings me to my next point, Apple should never release OS X for PC, and they probably won't. If they were to release OS X (or OS 11, 12, etc) for PC, they would have to dedicate a good chunk of their technical staff to deal with compatibility issues with PC hardwares. This is not the same as making their OS works on Intel, it goes way beyond that. With their current setup right now, they have control over hardware. I'd rather see them work on the software than having to deal with hardware issues. I mean, could Apple's Mac OS be as good as it is today if they have to deal with compatibility issues?

xplizid

xplizid

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
i was torn between buying an intel mac and a windows machine when i got this dell. i chose the dell for cuple reasons - easily upgradable and more options - cheaper for similar hardware ($500 cheaper) and the other reasons are i can install hack on it test the waters as i wasnt exactly sure how well i would switch. as it turns out i havent used my xp hard drive in going on 6 months. my next computer will be a mac for sure, and i think most hackintosh users this is a gateway much like the drugs you end up getting the real thing - im not saying they should release os x to pc ever or any other os but maybe a live disc much like linux but only a trial in which pc users can feel around the os a bit - theres not much out there that shows pc users what mac is like except flaky commercials not even demos at the typical stores where ppl buy pc's that would help a lot.

CyberSentinel

CyberSentinel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I do hope that when new release of hackingtosh osx 10.5 gets on "public download" :) that it will have better "support" for hardware release cause there is a lot of hardware that needs a driver so it could run properly like my graphic card ati x1400 256MB. I can`t change resolution, and I am stuck at 1024x768, and it is difficult to work on less than 1280x800... (laptop)...

btw. does anyone know someone that is a developer, or know someone how knows to create driver for hardware, so we could "hire" :dance_24: him to develope some drivers for community?

idividebyzero

idividebyzero

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
I wouldnt be surprised if 10.5 will work on day 1 for intel people, it will probably take awhile to get AMD and especially AMD sse2 up and running though.

CyberSentinel

CyberSentinel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
ok, but you forgot one thing... that this (apple speaking ;) ) "pirated OS" doesn`t have a proper support for hardware like graphic card, or soundcard (working but not perfectly), wireless (same as soundcard)... btw. I have contacted some guy from omegadriver.net, and ask him if he has a spare time to write a driver for ati x1400... I gave him a info about JaS mac OSX 10.4.8 and he said that he will see, if he install os he will try to develope a driver for that card... so cross all fingers and maybe the problem with ati card will be finaly over...

best regards!

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts

You may find this famous Bill Gates quote interesting...

"Although about three million computers get sold every year in China, people don't pay for the software. Someday they will, though. And as long as they're going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

MacVertigo

MacVertigo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
I hope there is never a hackintosh version of leopard. Buy a ;) mac!

Sondless

Sondless

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,318 posts
  • Interests:surfing, macs, skating, scheming
^i have a mac, but why block out the people who can't afford a mac, like the project of a hackintosh, want someting better then a mac but want the os? i got my hackintosh after owning a mac, but it was getting old and i needed a step up. you don't have to use it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy