Radeon Xpress 200M

thedopefishlives

483 posts in this topic

Did you try putting "Graphic Mode"="1440x900x32" on the commad line after pressing f8 at bootup?

I have not had time to try the kext you are using.

I use calisto v.3 fixed (or something like that) to set the res on my laptop. Works in 10.4 and I think I did it in 10.5 too.

Don

every time i try to install the calisto and write in my card things i get black screen 9m with FSC Amilo1718

5a62 tried on tiger and on Leopard its the same

and the sound under Leo is working one from 30 boots

what is the problem ?

looking into different videocards resources in windows i've seen that there are a couple of values for the memory range used by the cards.

I've posted a screenshot from the computer that i use now (it's not mine).

for my radeon i have 3 values for memory range. Can i add them into ATISlice kext somehow? Do they help?

post-82955-1206608950_thumb.jpg

THAT'S ALL!

WITH MOBILITY RADEON FAST HARDWARE OPENGL IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE OF HARDWARE

That's all? :D If i only knew that before buying that junk...

So, no way we can get some sort of QE at least to make the apps needing that to run like in windows...?

That's all? :( If i only knew that before buying that junk...

So, no way we can get some sort of QE at least to make the apps needing that to run like in windows...?

I also want to have DVD playback. It is new story. I want information how to.

I've been trying to install and run the Leo4all 10.5.2 for almost a week now. and searching and reading for info. after seeing this thread... i felt like .... ;) i'm going crazy. 'coz maybe, this is the problem why leopard can't run in my laptop. ;)

when i reboot my laptop after a "successful" installation, it stops in something like buffer heading something. does this point to the same problem? thanks!

i will just pray that somehow, the great guys here in the forum will find a way to handle this problem. thanks! :-) God bless

post-205191-1206991207_thumb.jpg

post-205191-1206991282_thumb.jpg

wrong thread, should have been the more appropriate word.anyway, @tallas - look at my sig, i hav an ATI Radeon xpress200m. so i don't think i'm at the wrong thread. :mellow:
This thread is dedicated to getting QE/CI enabled on the 200M, not generall installation questions for those who have the 200M chipset. You are indeed posting in the wrong thread. :PA last ditch suggestion for thosee trying to get QE/CI on the 200M, have a look here, just released yesterday: http://www.displaylink.com/mac_beta_drivers.htmlI'm not a developer or programmer so can't offer anything beyond the post above but who knows it could spark someone more creative and talented. Cheers.

Correctc me if I am wrong, please, but if DisplayLink gets their driver to support openGL and QE/CI then it will work with a 200M albeit on a separte monitor connected through a USB port. Certainly better than nothing.

This thread is dedicated to getting QE/CI enabled on the 200M, not generall installation questions for those who have the 200M chipset. You are indeed posting in the wrong thread. :P A last ditch suggestion for thosee trying to get QE/CI on the 200M, have a look here, just released yesterday: http://www.displaylink.com/mac_beta_drivers.htmlI'm not a developer or programmer so can't offer anything beyond the post above but who knows it could spark someone more creative and talented. Cheers.

Correctc me if I am wrong, please, but if DisplayLink gets their driver to support openGL and QE/CI then it will work with a 200M albeit on a separte monitor connected through a USB port. Certainly better than nothing.

I don't understand! On the site it's written clearly, no 2d and 3d acceleration supported, so i don't think the solution is there for the moment yet anyway.

I have Ati graphic integrated x200 . Id in linux shows it as 5a33 , and leo shows it as 5a61.

I installed Callisto beta 6 , (it's the only beta that worked) and manged to have all resolutions. 1280x1024 is the one that fits better but all resolution work. But no Graphic acceleration. Even though graphics look good, no possible of Dvd or 3d applications.

Any news mates??

I don't understand! On the site it's written clearly, no 2d and 3d acceleration supported, so i don't think the solution is there for the moment yet anyway.

yes but it's just a beta driver right now, implying that later, after another release of the driver by DisplayLink, it WILL support 2d and 3d acceleration. When and, yes okay, if it does, it won't matter if you have an 200m graphics card. You can just hook up a DiplayLink adapter and it will provide the openGL and related acceleration instead.

[Edit] See here:

DisplayLink tech needs Apple's help

DisplayLink talks about why its technology needs Apple's help

Jonny Evans

A new to the Mac technology that enables users to run up to four additional monitors via USB is in development from DisplayLink - but the company is asking Mac users to lobby Apple to help accelerate development of the useful new solution.

As revealed yesterday, DisplayLink technology lets users run multiple monitors from one Mac, so long as the monitors support the technology. However, the beta software that's available now performs slowly when it comes to 2D and 3D representation - and Apple needs to become involved to address this problem, the company said.

DisplayLink's director of marketing, Jason Slaughter, explained the situation: "DisplayLink wants to deliver OpenGL (3D acceleration) to its Mac OS X offering so that all of the features of Mac OS X can be supported. We have already proven that this can be achieved technically using USB graphics, as we have added support for the Windows Vista 3D "Aero" interface in our Windows driver."

Slaughter explained that the attempt to create Aero support for the Vista version of the software required minimal help from Microsoft because "plenty of information about the Windows Vista display sub-system is available" to developers.

"Unfortunately Mac OS X is a closed system: there is no way to get information about the Mac OS X graphics APIs and interfaces," explains Slaughter. "What we need from Apple isn't development work, it's information. This information could come in the form of documentation about their graphics APIs, or by getting access to the OS X display source code - something Apple has done with other vendors in the past. It's not a lot of information that we need, but we cannot deliver a full solution for Mac OS X without it," he said.

Slaughter observed that the technology attracted substantial interest when DisplayLink demonstrated it at Macworld Expo, but said Apple's official response has been to indicate Mac users aren't interested in connecting monitors using USB, with Apple failing to provide the support the firm needs.

"As a result, we think it's important that users let Apple know that USB graphics technology would be useful to them. We believe that if we continue to build support within Apple, we'll be able to get the information we need to make the OS X DisplayLink software as good, if not better, as our Vista software," Slaughter said.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/procreative/news...fm?newsid=20870

THANKS VITASG ! Hope they make it. But it seems that they can and that the hole thing depends on apple,so rather say let's hope apple makes the good choice!!!

I think anywy that's the closest solution that people like me have, so wait fingercrossed.

;) Cheers!!

THANKS VITASG ! Hope they make it. But it seems that they can and that the hole thing depends on apple,so rather say let's hope apple makes the good choice!!!

I think anywy that's the closest solution that people like me have, so wait fingercrossed.

:shock: Cheers!!

Sure thing. Yes, that seems like the best hope at this point -- waiting for Apple that is -- unless of course one of the talented coders here, experienced in crafting drivers with acceleration capability, can do the trick. If someone such is successful, who knows, maybe DisplayLink would reward them financially. Cheers.

i really dont want to set you guys off on a tangent or anything... but...

i have an acer 5101awlmi... 2ghz AMD Turion 64 MK36, with 2gig ram.

It has the 200m graphics set in it.. that your all bashing on about.

I have managed to get it running in 1280x800 which is ideal.. for me

the graphics/animated windows though are a little scetchy from time to time......

and randomly the keyboard and mouse lock up, requiring you to hit the power button for 3secs...

Im putting 2&2 together and comming up with the conclusion that my system is hanging because of this 200m fix that no one has managed to fix yet...

Are these typical symptoms?... And should i be watching this space?...

Sorry if its in the wrong thread, the insanely search is somewhat comming up with allsorts in my searches...

If someone just lets me know, ill edit this post and put a nice picture here instead... as a subtle break for all the p*d off 200m owners out there... that want to rest thier eyes from the 350odd topics they have to read through... ;)

Wishing everyone the very best.... and all the luck in the world!

EDIT://// this is the LEO4ALLV2 that i have installed....

Regards

Trev

i really dont want to set you guys off on a tangent or anything... but...

i have an acer 5101awlmi... 2ghz AMD Turion 64 MK36, with 2gig ram.

It has the 200m graphics set in it.. that your all bashing on about.

I have managed to get it running in 1280x800 which is ideal.. for me

the graphics/animated windows though are a little scetchy from time to time......

and randomly the keyboard and mouse lock up, requiring you to hit the power button for 3secs...

Im putting 2&2 together and comming up with the conclusion that my system is hanging because of this 200m fix that no one has managed to fix yet...

Are these typical symptoms?... And should i be watching this space?...

Sorry if its in the wrong thread, the insanely search is somewhat comming up with allsorts in my searches...

If someone just lets me know, ill edit this post and put a nice picture here instead... as a subtle break for all the p*d off 200m owners out there... that want to rest thier eyes from the 350odd topics they have to read through... ;)

Wishing everyone the very best.... and all the luck in the world!

EDIT://// this is the LEO4ALLV2 that i have installed....

Regards

Trev

Well speaking for myself, despite all the "bashing" of the 200m going on around here, it actually works great for me, at 1280x800. The only negative with it is lack of QE/CI.