Radeon Xpress 200M

thedopefishlives

483 posts in this topic

well..

first i patched the kext wit these commands

""perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x4e\x4a\x00|\x3d\x55\x59\x00|g' ATIRadeon9700

perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x48\x4a\x00|\x3d\x55\x59\x00|g' ATIRadeon9700""

then i changed plist file...

after then i went to ext. folder and i replaced atiradeon9700.kext...

then i opened terminal and..

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

and repaired the per...

restart... and boom... system did not open...

where did i wrong?

Attention to Slice.....

Do you think you can make ATI1Slice.kext load just after ALCInject and right before ATIRadeon9700.kext?

If so, re-do ATI1Slice so it will load in that priority and I will test tonight.

~Sling

Something is wrong with that IOPCIFamily, I think. See screenshot. The system behaves exactly as I described in my previous post.

WAIT........

That System Profiler kext read is often found due to kernel hacking and has nothing to do with the overall performance of kext's and driver's in os x.

This issue should no longer be discussed.

Let's direct our attention towards getting the driver built.

We need a dev guy to step in and get the issue's with ATI1Slice.kext resolved.

~Sling

I don´t got the kext for Leo bacuse the forum be in Russian language. Do you can put here?

Thanks

You can find it here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0#entry505751

Do you think you can make ATI1Slice.kext load just after ALCInject and right before ATIRadeon9700.kext?

If so, re-do ATI1Slice so it will load in that priority and I will test tonight.

This is ProbeScore property.

But I think ATISlice, ATIinject and ATILead are the same injectors with different functions. You need only one. Try to work WITHOUT ATISlice!

I make new injector ATILead with all functions of ATISLice but I want your advices about it's info.plist. It is very customizable!

Try to make binary patch for ATIRadeon9700.kext. :P

In some versions of ATIRadeon9700 it is not work. In this case you need other commands

perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x4e\x4a\x00|\x3d\x55\x59\x00|g' ATIRadeon9700

perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x48\x4a\x00|\x3d\x55\x59\x00|g' ATIRadeon9700

Then replace original file with patched, repair permissions and try!

Well, I make more two test about this binary.

---First---

I had make patch in the ATIRadeon9700 of the OSX 10.4.4 and result was: QE/CI supported, but when I open and move any Window they are transparent and slow too. How posted previously.

---Second--

I make patch in the ATIRadeon9700 of thr OSX 10.5.2 and result was: QE/CI unsupported and after boot the everything stay very slow.

---Third---

I make patch in the ATIRadeon9700 of thr OSX 10.4.8 and result was: some that first test.

All test was make with ATISlice.kext and IOPCIFamily patched.

- Why don´t work in OSX 10.5.2?

- Why the windows no work in the OSX 10.4.4 and 10.4.8?

Do you have any idea?

Thanks ance again Slice.

Well, I make more two test about this binary.

---First---

I had make patch in the ATIRadeon9700 of the OSX 10.4.4 and result was: QE/CI supported, but when I open and move any Window they are transparent and slow too. How posted previously.

---Second--

I make patch in the ATIRadeon9700 of thr OSX 10.5.2 and result was: QE/CI unsupported and after boot the everything stay very slow.

---Third---

I make patch in the ATIRadeon9700 of thr OSX 10.4.8 and result was: some that first test.

All test was make with ATISlice.kext and IOPCIFamily patched.

- Why don´t work in OSX 10.5.2?

- Why the windows no work in the OSX 10.4.4 and 10.4.8?

Do you have any idea?

Thanks ance again Slice.

About 10.5.2 is a big QUESTION.

What F8,size did you use for ATISlice? If 0x00300000 it is very small and slow. If you can't boot with larger value - it is also my problem. I think some keys in "valuesToAdd" are missing. For example VRAM,totalsize.

Guys... I'm not going to push you and say 'omg how long iz it gonna take m8??'. Instead I'll say this:

You're legends for figuring this out. If you succeed where others have failed, you will have about a million people thanking you eternally for relieving them of Windows.

Amazing work guys, thank you so so much for bothering.

About 10.5.2 is a big QUESTION.

What F8,size did you use for ATISlice? If 0x00300000 it is very small and slow. If you can't boot with larger value - it is also my problem. I think some keys in "valuesToAdd" are missing. For example VRAM,totalsize.

How I write the command for change

<key>AAPL,gart-width</key>

and

<key>F8,size</key>

for a large value ?

this is a fountain of hope in a sea of despair...

I recently put zephyroth 10.5.2 on my laptop with the x200m, and then found out about the nightmare, only today did I find this :)

I don't think i want to try this until it is somewhat simplified(im a complete newbie with mac) though you all have my encouragement

thanks for all the hard work!

Well, I can't do much to help you guys but would it help if I created you a SharePoint-based website where you can discuss amongst yourselves and in peace? Upload different kext versions etc? I'm not saying you're being hindered here or anything but if you had a bit more peace, maybe it would help you progress more efficiently?

If you want this, PM me and it will be set up for you within 24 hours.

P.S.: Not saying you don't know how to do it yourself, just offering busy people with a possibly useful solution.

Guys... I'm not going to push you and say 'omg how long iz it gonna take m8??'. Instead I'll say this:

You're legends for figuring this out. If you succeed where others have failed, you will have about a million people thanking you eternally for relieving them of Windows.

Amazing work guys, thank you so so much for bothering.

Why other have failed? Because no one good developer make effort to the card. For me, I have other Radeon but I see the same problems so why I am here.

How I write the command for change

AAPL,gart-width

0x40

This is a value for PCIE bus.

and

F8,size

for a large value ?

0x300000 - 3Mb - safe value. You can boot but obtain kirky slow system

0x400000 - 4Mb - boot but freeze

0x4000000 - 64Mb - real work, if you can boot.

I still can't understand why.

Radeon register F8 is a TotalMemorySize used for OpenGL. Without OpenGL you may use any value.

Is there anybody can resolve the puzzle?

May be write

VRAM,totalsize

xxxx

????

<integer>0x40</integer>

This is a value for PCIE bus.

0x300000 - 3Mb - safe value. You can boot but obtain kirky slow system

0x400000 - 4Mb - boot but freeze

0x4000000 - 64Mb - real work, if you can boot.

I still can't understand why.

Radeon register F8 is a TotalMemorySize used for OpenGL. Without OpenGL you may use any value.

Is there anybody can resolve the puzzle?

May be write

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<integer>xxxx</integer>

????

I make test?

"""

<key>AAPL,gart-width</key>

<integer>0x40</integer> - Ok, make boot correctly

<key>F8,size</key>

<integer>0x400000</integer> - Boot but freeze and 0x4000000 No boot only 0x30000 work supporting QE/CI, but puzzle

<key>GARTCacheSize</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>fboffset</key>

<integer>131072</integer>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key> - Didn't make any difference

<integer>128</integer>

""""

:( we come back for start. But we thanked for trying so hardly.

Well Slice, you're a legend for trying.

здравствует россия!

Now, I want to try this and help out. I found this link for patching kexts:OSX86 ProjectAs you can see from my sig, I have plenty of experience with OS X and the Terminal and I would like to try out your project but I know nothing about binary patching as I haven't needed to use it beforehand. Can anyone point me to a good link? Thanks!

Guys:

I did a good think through and reinstalled JaS 10.4.8. Played will Callisto for a while getting it to run at native res (1280x800). Its working OK now barring QE and CI of course, which is why we're all here.

I looked into my Dev IDs (mine's the 5975 model) and modified the kexts accordingly (modified ATI1Slice (using Rev 1.0.6), ATIRadeon9700.kext) and installed the IOPCICardFamily and IOPCIFamily without modification.

No QE and no CI. What am I doing wrong? I don't even get the weird artifacts that some people have experienced.

Any help greatly appreciated. In return for your favours, can you please tell me what you need from me to help you achieve your targets quicker? I'll be more than happy to help.

Hello Did not know that when adding parelare good English, I wanted to ask you if these three kext work on my notebook, when adding cha my video card and a x200m 5955. I put them on version 10.4.9. Could go?

For the hope that leopard ce qe / work there? Thanks

Well Slice, you're a legend for trying.

Да здравствует Россия!

Do you know other way to victory? :)

Now, I want to try this and help out. I found this link for patching kexts:OSX86 ProjectAs you can see from my sig, I have plenty of experience with OS X and the Terminal and I would like to try out your project but I know nothing about binary patching as I haven't needed to use it beforehand. Can anyone point me to a good link? Thanks!

This is good tutorial for novice. It don't help to guru and geek. About binary patch look post #238. It is good but not sufficient.

Hello Did not know that when adding parelare good English, I wanted to ask you if these three kext work on my notebook, when adding cha my video card and a x200m 5955. I put them on version 10.4.9. Could go?

For the hope that leopard ce qe / work there? Thanks

Till now you have no chance to get QE/CI.

I am looking for solution for IGP and collect all observations concerning the issue.

we come back for start

This attempt is new start point. All others come to deadend.

Do you know other way to victory? :D

This is good tutorial for novice. It don't help to guru and geek. About binary patch look post #238. It is good but not sufficient.

Till now you have no chance to get QE/CI.

I am looking for solution for IGP and collect all observations concerning the issue.

This attempt is new start point. All others come to deadend.

Slice, are you saying that you can't do anything else with your current progress? Are you seriously willing to start again from nothing?

Further to my earlier post, I got QE and CI working by deleting Callisto (remembered this later). I got the same artifacts as previous users did and the animations didn't look smooth, but I blame that on my hardware. Looks like you really are on the right tracks so it would suck to see you have to start again if that's what you were saying.

Slice, are you saying that you can't do anything else with your current progress? Are you seriously willing to start again from nothing?Further to my earlier post, I got QE and CI working by deleting Callisto (remembered this later). I got the same artifacts as previous users did and the animations didn't look smooth, but I blame that on my hardware. Looks like you really are on the right tracks so it would suck to see you have to start again if that's what you were saying.
What used to the procedure for obtaining qe / ci? With leopaerdo or Tigre?