Which LCD Widescreen monitor ?

10 posts in this topic

Im a digital retoucher, and im want to buy an LCD monitor.

Im looking for a good one buy as cheap as possible...

Dell E207WFP or Dell E2007WFP?

Is only for Photoshop use, so i think i dont need a high refresh range...

Could you help me to do a good choice please...?????

Thanx !!!!!!!!!!!

I've got the Dell 2007WFP and love it.

The picture quality is excellent and the extras made the difference for me. (4 different inputs, PiP, 4 USB ports)

I can't really compare it to the other Dell LCD you listed, but generally Dell monitors are highly reviewed and rated.

The E207WFP does have a faster response rate (5ms vs 16ms), thats NOT refresh rate.

This difference won't mean much for Photoshop use, and 16ms is easily fast enough for no tearing in high FPS games.

Other than that, spec wise these two monitors look essentially the same.

The E207WFP does have a faster response rate (5ms vs 16ms), thats NOT refresh rate.

This difference won't mean much for Photoshop use, and 16ms is easily fast enough for no tearing in high FPS games.

Other than that, spec wise these two monitors look essentially the same.

I read that 2007WFP has high quality of color display and sharpness.

E2007WFP is the low price version and has a TN panel that has poor color quality but fast response rate (it`s basically oriented to gamers and home user)

I read that 2007WFP has high quality of color display and sharpness.

E2007WFP is the low price version and has a TN panel that has poor color quality but fast response rate (it`s basically oriented to gamers and home user)

I can't speak for the E207WFP, only the 2007WFP. (Its E207WFP, not E2007WFP. You're making it confusing. :hysterical:

I read that about the TN panel also, but reviews generally are still good towards this monitor.

Sometimes its hard to equate reviews about quality and real end user appearance though. (Numbers/ratings can be misleading)

If you can afford it, go for the 2007WFP, you won't be disappointed.

(16ms is fast enough for games, don't worry.)

P.S. Make sure you are getting the latest firmware based version. (A02 or A03 I think.)

These versions corrected some visual issues high end users might notice, that use us non-graphic pros wouldn't notice.

Edit: There may be a couple different panels used in the 2007WFP. Check here to find out which is which: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/dell_panel_lottery.htm

Additionally, some specs use the ISO response rate and others the Gray to Gray response rate.

It appears the 2007WFP has a 8ms G2G response rate.

Hey Schweppes,

I can only speak of the 2007WFP. I just got it and am very impressed. There has been A LOT of talk on the web about this monitor and of how Dell does not provide a consistent product. In short, they use different panels with this monitor and it's a toss up as to which one you will get. You can either get an S-IPS panel (reportedly the same panel used in the ACD monitors) or you can get the inferior PVA panel.

This thread probably has more detail than you'll ever want but it's a great guide:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1111100

The good news is that most of the monitors lately (including mine) have the S-IPS panel. The bad news is that it's still a bit of a toss up (as proven by one of the last few posts in that thread where someone got a PVA).

You can always return the monitor if you are not happy (ie. you get a PVA). There are stories on that thread of folks who did numerous returns in hope of getting an S-IPS panel.

Good luck.