Darwin Bootloader?

3 posts in this topic

OK I have just installed XP Pro and am about to instal 10.4.8. Now this is about the 5th time I have done this and this is the last and final time I hopefully do this. How do I set up the bootloader in MAC so I can choose between Mac and Windows. I have looked through a lot of the topics on this but they are just too complicated and I need a very simple, straightforward guide. Plz any help is appreciated. TY!

I usually never reject helping a newb out, but this is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but installing/modifying/maintaining a hacked OSX requires a minimum of computer knowledge (using the console and understanding what kext files are and how they work, for starters), so trying to write a tutorial that covers all possible hardware/OS combinations and that even a mule could understand is futile, IMHO. If you don't know/understand what is going on then you'll probably have a difficult time following directions anyway.

There are dozens, maybe even hundreds of VERY detailed posts about this topic here in the forum. Read the forum stickies, FAQs and skim through the wiki page for complete installation guides and basic info. Getting Windows and Mac to run together is not straightforward so try picking a guide that resembles whatever hardware/OS combination you may have. Just use your common sense and you will get there.

Remember what Vince Lombardi said: "The only place where success comes before work, is the dictionary".

hecker