Does this site now censor? Preventing freedom of thought?

91 posts in this topic

goodtime was using this site to exclusively advertise nicemac. his posts where just "join nicemac".i mainly use this site to get information about mac. he was using it to draw our attention away from here and onto there. swad blocked that site because people after goodtime where still advertizing that site.

Here lies the lesson. If you put too many restrictions on something or someone. Others will see the dishonor and rebel. It's human nature.

With these restrictions, IM has shown that it has lost its confidence in its user base and is trying to filter out other sites to stay on top.

The internet is a whole lot of sites that are linked, and is not a black hole where all the content gravites to one area. Competition is good.

we wouldnt have these restrictions if people didn't abuse the privalage. i agree that competition is good, but using a forum to advertize another one is just not the purpose of it. would nicemac like it if i started spamming the forums with "join insanelymac!!!!!!11!!!!1!"?

i might make one thread on a site like this that says "hey check this out, tell me what you think" or pay for advertizing or something. not just spam a forum trying to draw it's users to my new site. whay the hell cant people just all be friends?

more than like 80% of the people at nicemac used to be at IM
and does that mean that they have left im forever? what is stopping someone from being a member of both?

okay, soundless, you said the word, "Advertise", call it whatever you want to call it, but that was what goodtime was doing, he created the logo contest and youtube contest thread, he was doing what you would do, what anyone would do

@soundless

that's because he was just posting "yes" or "no" or "okay", his posts were useless, at least goodtime was helping people and doing something

we wouldnt have these restrictions if people didn't abuse the privalage. i agree that competition is good, but using a forum to advertize another one is just not the purpose of it. would nicemac like it if i started spamming the forums with "join insanelymac!!!!!!11!!!!1!"?

NiceMac would allow it and not draw any attention to it. NiceMac let's users promote their own sites. After all that's what the internet is all about.

Out of sight of mind. Draw attention to it and you're asking for it. There is a revolution going on right now. It's just a spark right now but it will turn into a wildfire.

Nothing is preventing users from being both. Right now only one of the sites is applying restrictions on its users. Pick which one.

NiceMac would alot it and not draw any attention to it. Out of sight of mind. Draw attention to it and you're asking for it. There is a revolution going on right now. It's just a spark right now but it will turn into a wildfire.

x-man is sooo right, if Swad ignored it, it wouldn't be a big deal and there wouldn't be any censorship, but because he picked at it, he brought up the subject to everyone, it caused a problem

x-man, are you goodtime? you sound just like him. he said stuff just like that.

the youtube and logo contests where deleted because they where advertizing a site that was abusing im by spamming it with "join nicemac"

but anyway, if you dont like this site, then leave.

this x-man person seems familiar with all those wildfires and supermen i wonder if he has goodtimes

I am a member of both sites an i think it is fine :)

same here, and mac-mini, if soundless posted "join insanelymac" on nicemac, would you use IM more?

probably not, these sites are for different uses, im is mainly about osx86, and nicemac is about other mac related stuff. why cant we just live together in peace?

x-man, are you goodtime? you sound just like him. he said stuff just like that.

the youtube and logo contests where deleted because they where advertizing a site that was abusing im by spamming it with "join nicemac"

but anyway, if you dont like this site, then leave.

we will prevail.

we will prevail.

why the fuc* is this a war?

that's what i'm saying, but i don't like it that you guys said that IM doesn't censor, because they do

censorship is different through different eyes. i believe swad was justified in blocking nicemac

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=boardrules

History repeats itself. It's 1984 all over again.

It would not be a war if someone did not throw the first cannonball in nicemac's direction.

By the way, I am good friends with Goodtime and he has decided to let his site grow organically. Because of this he has been getting more users through world of mouth. He does not need IM to catapult his site.

Have a good day. Don't get too aggravated. Goodtime is not. I just got off the phone with him.

X-man

soundless, you should know better, we learned all about censorship in school

read the rules. as i said, goodtime and others where spamming the forums with the join nicemc stuff. after asking nicely for them to stop, swad ended this by banning links to nicemac. you can ask him to get them back, i have. but i am worried that history will repeat itself.

my point with the "join insnaelymac" thing was to find out if you thought it was annoying.

It would not be a war if someone did not throw the first cannonball in nicemac's direction.

X-man

who attacked you?

read the rules. as i said, goodtime and others where spamming the forums with the join nicemc stuff. after asking nicely for them to stop, swad ended this by banning links to nicemac. you can ask him to get them back, i have. but i am worried that history will repeat itself.

Factoid: 6 posts of over 600 of Goodtime's posts contained the words nicemac. Also Nice Mac does not have any rules except for maybe one, "Be Nice and Have Fun."