petition for apple to release unrestricted operating system

55 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of starting a petition to send to apple to get them to release an operating system version that is not dependant upon apple hardware. :-)

perhaps if they saw the realization that i would love to run every pc i have on osx they wouldcinsider it???

of course, we all understand that the level of quality from apple hardware interaction cannot be guarenteed . . . however even the worst case scenario would be better than windows best .....

petition for apple to release unrestricted operating system

I'm sorry, it just won't work. I know you're trying to do something positive, and that's great, but, uh...

I'm just trying to be as nice as possible here.

It's called business. Try working retail for a few months, you'll find out pretty quick that the only thing that matters in Corporate America is the dollar. No, the corporate world doesn't make sense. Yes, it pisses me off too. But that's the way it is. about 97% of what you'll see in the corporate world isn't tyranny; it's simply things that make no sense to anyone but loaded execs and stupid marketing people.

Some random thoughts.

Vista Ultimate costs in Europe 500-600 Euro.

I am pretty sure that Leopard will be a lot better than Vista Ultimate. Thus selling Leopard bundled with a mobo for about 700 Euro could be considered a fair deal for the consumer and a nice little earner for Apple.

There is a lot more Apple could do to increase their sales. How many among us are crying for a cheaper version of the Mac Pro, with more mainstream hardware? And why does Apple insist on selling upgrades twice the price you normally pay for them?

IMO, Vista has given competitors opportunities that had never been there for a very, very long time. Not to take advantage of this opportunity is shortsighted to say the least. Even Dell has realized that the time has come to preinstall something else on their PCs.

If OS X becomes a lot more popular, that can be only good for Apple in the long run. They will sell more, not less of all their hardware. I suppose that is why they created the Mini or the 17 " iMac in the first place, but that is still too little, IMO, especially for the "geek" users, who can be the real driving force.

Not to be an {censored}, but move on! Many petitions like this and Apple is NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT! Sorry, but time to face the facts.

You are most likely right, but I can't help thinking that Apple is shooting itself in the foot.

Yeah, how about the govt make Microsoft put 360 games out for the PS3 to? Then make Nintendo put DS games out for the PSP. :whistle: It is a free country and they make their OS for their stuff. You don't have to agree with it, but it is not illegal.

Well, technically, you may not think so, but they could rule against the EULA in it's regard to limiting what can be done with it.

This would never happen...ever. If it ever happens....hell will freeze over, and there WILL be flying pigs. Think about it, Apple's credibility as having the most safest, realiable OS, and stylisticly desgined hardware will be shattered if they ever release the OS to all the usual computer manufacturers. I hope that day never comes.

I have yet to see an online petition actually work. If I'm wrong, I'd like to see a link or reference to where an online petition actually did work. While it may make you feel good to sign an online petition, I feel that it's an exercise in futility.

Besides, I don't see how much of a benefit it would be to Apple. They've turned their nice little niche market into something profitable as it is. I don't think they'd really like to be another Microsoft.

This would never happen...ever. If it ever happens....hell will freeze over, and there WILL be flying pigs. Think about it, Apple's credibility as having the most safest, realiable OS, and stylisticly desgined hardware will be shattered if they ever release the OS to all the usual computer manufacturers. I hope that day never comes.

Safest, no. Reliable, hell no.

Look at the safety reports. Not only is Windows arguably better in some respects, FreeBSD is way more secure. Reliable, far from it, look at all the bricks each update causes on the legitimate macs. Rosetta and compatibility problems, oh please. Great OS, but don't listen to whatever Jobs says.

Safest, no. Reliable, hell no.

Look at the safety reports. Not only is Windows arguably better in some respects, FreeBSD is way more secure. Reliable, far from it, look at all the bricks each update causes on the legitimate macs. Rosetta and compatibility problems, oh please. Great OS, but don't listen to whatever Jobs says.

PPhhsshhaaa, Windows Fanboys.... ;)

I'm not even gonna waste my breath...

Ok, the thread is about releasing Mac OS X for *snickers* PCs with no *snickers* TPM, not about how Windows is "aguably better" and how FreeBSD is "way more secure".

Whatever.

This would never happen...ever.

Never is a very long time.

Stranger things have happened. Wasn't every Mac fan sure that a move to Intel would never happen?

As I explained in post #9, SJ is showing a catastrophic short sightedness right now.

Macs as they are now can only appeal to the existing Mac aficionados, and maybe a few more.

With a few changes SJ could extend Apple market share beyond your wildest dreams.

And please don't tell me that market share doesn't matter: explain that to Microsoft.

PPhhsshhaaa, Windows Fanboys.... <_<

I'm not even gonna waste my breath...

Ok, the thread is about releasing Mac OS X for *snickers* PCs with no *snickers* TPM, not about how Windows is "aguably better" and how FreeBSD is "way more secure".

Whatever.

Look at your posts, you're nothing short of a Mac fanboy either. I'm not a Windows fanboy, it's Mac fanboys like you that {censored} me off, saying Macs are suddenly going to make a revolution, and everyone will start using them. Get off your high horse, most people like Windows, as it's cheaper and familiar.

And please don't tell me that market share doesn't matter...

But it doesn't...if that were the case, Mercedes and BMW would not be the top (for the average user). And also would you say the quality of Microsoft's products are reflective of their market share( it could be a yes..but ill go with no)? You would think that they would want to make quality products in order to maintain their userbase...but thats seriously not the case. Yes, Apple has a very small userbase...but its the outcome and the end results that matter ultimately.

Get off your high horse, most people like Windows, as it's cheaper and familiar.

You have the Stolkholm Syndrome my friend...the stolkholm syndrome.

aNorthEast.gifcLeftTop.gifcRightTop.gifcLeftBottom.gifcRightBottom.gif