What if Apple hires Maxxuss?

38 posts in this topic

Maybe I souldn't bring up ideas like that ;)

But what if Apple would try to hire Maxxuss for their TPM security and stuff like that to prevent users like us from using OSX on our PCs?

If Maxxuss doesn't have a good job it would be tempting, they must offer great salary, I'm wondering if he would take the job?

Well, patching OSX would probably occur even if he's not there but would probably take much longer!

Maybe I souldn't bring up ideas like that :P

But what if Apple would try to hire Maxxuss for their TPM security and stuff like that to prevent users like us from using OSX on our PCs?

If Maxxuss doesn't have a good job it would be tempting, they must offer great salary, I'm wondering if he would take the job?

Well, patching OSX would probably occur even if he's not there but would probably take much longer!

Maybe Maxxus is Steve Jobs himself :D

I know we like to use OSX x86 on PC and Maxxuss is of GREAT help but i think if he has a job like lets say: McDonalds :) he would be stupid not to take a job from Apple! Even if he has a good job like 20$ (CAN) an hour.

I'm wondering... what's the average salary (per hour) of a programmer at Apple?

but if he did how would we all get to enjoy Apple OS? Obviously the majority of us do this because we can't live without XP and can't afford Macs. I hope Apple just gives up and makes the OS for x86 ahrdware Intel or AMD, just put "Made for Tiger x86" stickers on the hardware. Honestly though this is sort of a test, if I really dig the OS and some of the software, iLife, iWorks, etc, I will go buy a Mini. So in some ways this can be seen as a "trial" to get more switching. Or maybe Ill wait till the x86 Mac is released. Either way I'm close to giving Apple some money.

but if he did how would we all get to enjoy Apple OS? Obviously the majority of us do this because we can't live without XP and can't afford Macs. I hope Apple just gives up and makes the OS for x86 ahrdware Intel or AMD, just put "Made for Tiger x86" stickers on the hardware. Honestly though this is sort of a test, if I really dig the OS and some of the software, iLife, iWorks, etc, I will go buy a Mini. So in some ways this can be seen as a "trial" to get more switching. Or maybe Ill wait till the x86 Mac is released. Either way I'm close to giving Apple some money.

Quite honestly, if I were Maxxuss, I wouldn't care about everyone in this forum. :) If I were him/her, I would have just done it to get Mac on my own computer.

Now, if I were Steve Jobs, I would give Maxxuss a lot of money to work for me. Think about it. By paying Maxxuss a large sum of money for finding holes, the likelihood of x86 Tiger becoming cracked decreases, therefore increasing the likelihood of someone buying a real Mac, therefore making me richer! :(

<Thats a stupid story>

Maxxuss' goal is to destroy Apple and Steve Jobs and the only way he found to get to him is to crack his code util Jobs can't take it anymore and tries to find Maxxuss. Then Maxxuss will kidnap Jobs and force him to give us OSX for every PC.

</Thats a stupid story>

or maybe he is Bill G.... maxxuss planted another add-ons for none nx/dx CPU but with PAE

nx was patched to not enable....it was a joint effort.

i doubt maxxuss would work for apple, everyone has a set of ethics. personally i would never work for a company who's DRM i'm breaking and having them ask me to fix their broken DRM. DRMs are the result of the de-evolution of software and turning to script kiddy tactics to protect a few bytes of data. Doesn't mean I wouldn't turn down a job from other companies to work on security. DRM is just {censored}.

nx was patched to not enable....it was a joint effort.

i doubt maxxuss would work for apple, everyone has a set of ethics. personally i would never work for a company who's DRM i'm breaking and having them ask me to fix their broken DRM. DRMs are the result of the de-evolution of software and turning to script kiddy tactics to protect a few bytes of data. Doesn't mean I wouldn't turn down a job from other companies to work on security. DRM is just {censored}.

I agree with that!

Maybe we should ask maxxus to teach us!!! That would be really really really great.... a couple of papers, how-to's, faq's ....

Okay, here is my conspiracy theory. Maxxuss isn't really one person. Rather a R&D team logging in one computer helping us. Maxxuss helps us because there are no other Mac user that knows PC than the technical PC users, beta testers, and enthusiasts. Lets face it, there is no way in hell we would be running OSx86 on a PC without Maxxuss. I bet you right now the R&D team are sifting though the posts looking for things to patch and fix before the big debut. But there is now to proving this until the official release is available.

Or he might be just some really rich guy that has his own bat cave and loves to reverse engineer operating system on his spare time. His full time job is to try to gain world dominance.

Okay, here is my conspiracy theory. Maxxuss isn't really one person. Rather a R&D team logging in one computer helping us. Maxxuss helps us because there are no other Mac user that knows PC than the technical PC users, beta testers, and enthusiasts. Lets face it, there is no way in hell we would be running OSx86 on a PC without Maxxuss. I bet you right now the R&D team are sifting though the posts looking for things to patch and fix before the big debut. But there is now to proving this until the official release is available.

Or he might be just some really rich guy that has his own bat cave and loves to reverse engineer operating system on his spare time. His full time job is to try to gain world dominance.

i m nearing convince he is Bill G... especially your last paragraph conspiracy theory "really rich guy" and "world dominance"

Not sure about the ethics comment ... many employees of big companies leak stuff because they're p....d off with what the company is doing. Even more ex-employees do the same - particularly after they've been 'resourced' 'transitioned' or whatever the current euphemism is for fired. Ethical behaviour is rare these days unfortunately.

I have no love for the company for whom I work ... I used to have loyalty but they are total jerks these days, laying off good people to make financial beancounters happy. I could be next to go. I wouldn't leak their secrets, mainly because they'd probably sue the pants off me if I did and it would be pretty apparent who was responsible for some of the stuff. But I know plenty of people who would.

My guess is that Maxxuss is a very competent hacker, probably fronting a group who are responsible for other stuff in the 'scene'. As for his/her motives, like most people in the scene it's most likely a case of 'because we can' and a love for sticking it to the people who try to protect software. I wouldn't expect that Maxxuss would even be tempted by a job with Apple regardless of financial incentive. As in my second para. big companies are famous for bleeding employees dry and letting them go when their value is exhausted. Maxxuss is more than clever enough to see that!