ALPS Glidepad Driver (2 finger scroll etc...)

92 posts in this topic

No matter what I do, I am unable to load FFscroll. Whether it be through system preferences or through terminal. Any ideas?

Try reinstalling, then on 1st reboot hit "fix" and reboot, when back in-type "ffscrolldaemon" in terminal, then go back to system prefs and click on the ffscroll icon.

• 1 month later...

I've taken MeDevil's source from a few post's back... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7272&st=20# and updated it to provide side pad scrolling on my Dell D630. His original source didn't allow it to scroll correctly and it was also inverted. I've taken it and made some slight tweaks and removed the horizontal scrolling portion(most of it) and now it works well. This may work for other Alps users also. Just thought I would share in case it helps someone else. I am by no means a programmer but can fiddle my way around source well enough to make things work.

See here for the source and the kext.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...d=1176968

• 2 months later...

hi everyone :police:

i have to say thanks to everyone who made this driver happen.

this fixes my touchpad tap issue. before this i couldnt tap-click on my touchpad.

one small irritating problem i face now is that when you use the touchpad move around continuously, it will somehow stop moving halfway through until you lift your finger and then touch it again.

secondly, double finger scroll didnt work for me but its ok. i m hoping to make the side scroll to work..

i m on sony vaio tz37.

anyone has a solution?

• 1 month later...

Just want to say this kinda works for me, on Leopard 10.5.8 - a VAIO VGN-N11M/W.

Everything, apart from the battery manger (But I know it does  work I just can't find the working bundle!) and the SD Card Readers on my system are working flawlessly. There is one issue with FFScroll. I can't open it within the System Preferences it just pauses. Before installing the ApplePS2Controller.kext that is in this thread, the speed was INSANE, nothing would change the speed. But after installing that kext it's pretty normal. Only problem is Trackpad (Like most) has vanished from Mouse and Keyboard. No worries though, it works that's good enough for me.

edit: Got the FFScroll to open in System Preferences. The way to fix this is go to;

System Preferences, Accounts, Select you, Login Items and add: /usr/local/bin/FFScrollDaemon --- that will open it on bootup.

ARGH, it worked ONCE, then when I restarted it broke and it's back to insane speed, FFScroll not opening in System Prefs. Anyone want to see why?

• 5 months later...

Works great on my HP G60 but I cannot alter the tracking speed of my mouse. I have it *almost* usable, vertical/horizontal scroll works, my tap-to-click is disabled which is EXCELLENT news.

One thing is the PrefPane is not visible for my trackpad, nor does the calibration respond in the FFScroll prefpane.

How would I manually change the speed of my mouse, can I edit a file?

Thanks for all your work on this!!

EDIT: My OS/setup is iDeneb 10.5.7 (Leo)

I'm running Apple Mac OSX 10.6 Retail with 10.6.3 update. I managed to get the Mouse working but then keyboard stopped working using the voodoo mouse package.

I still have the backups of the other driver. I got the tap click working too on 10.6.3 just need to get the god dam keyboard working and the Wifi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So was browsing through and saw a big complaint was not being able to edit/change the speed of the mouse and how ff made it jerky/unresponsive/and didnt work at all in some cases. Go here: http://triq.net/articles/mouse-acceleration-download

Download that, open the prepane, add it, and then reopen it. When your done and have it open you'll see two options...one for a mouse and one for a trackpad. Use the track pad and put it to 0.3x. That worked PERFECTLY for me after trying a {censored} ton of things. Hope it works for someone else :( Dell Latitude D630. Now lets see if we can slow down the scroll with the side of the pad :P

• 7 months later...