Ipod Games DRM hacked

14 posts in this topic

I confirm it's working, I updated the firmware from windows with ipodwizard and copied the game files at the right place, also disable autosync for games in iTunes to prevent it from removing them. So far I have 3 games working and the rest should come quickly

Interesting, but I'm afraid to mess around with my iPod's firmware. I've done minor hex editing before, but his instructions might as well been in Chinese to me.

I'll wait a little while and see what happens.

Here is a step by step guide to put the 4 cracked games onto your iPod on a Mac. This is all other peoples information, I just put it together, the only thing I figured out myself was the firmware update. I couldn't figure out how to update the firmware without restoring the iPod, I'm sure someone here will know how to do it. Proceed at your own risk. It worked great on my 5G iPod.

--------

Go into iTunes, open your iPod, go to the games tab, and uncheck the "syncronize games" box. Then click apply.

Download the cracked Games from: Do NOT link to illegal/copyrighted files.

Rename the "Games_RO.exe" file to "Games_RO.7z", extract it with a program called "BetterZip"

Download the cracked firmware (5G only, not 5.5G) from: Do NOT link to illegal/copyrighted files.

To update the iPod with patched firmware:

go to /Applications/Utilities/iPod Software Updater/

right click iPod Updater 2006-03-23

select "Show Package Contents"

go to Contents/Resources/Updates

delete "Firmware-13.6.1.1"

unzip Firmware5GPatchedByBadBlox.zip

move Firmware5GPatchedByBadBlox.bin to Contents/Resources/Updates and rename it to "Firmware-13.6.1.1"

open iPod Updater 2006-03-23 and restore the iPod

To view the hidden files on your iPod, open terminal and type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

then:

killall Finder

Copy the extracted Games_RO folder to the iPod_Control folder on the ipod.

To hide the hidden files, type these commands in terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

killall Finder

Thats it.

Edited by SABR

• 2 weeks later...