cracked mac os x 10.4.8 help

7 posts in this topic

I just installed it on my new 20gig HD. I boot er up and it runs smoothy. It gets to the "starting mac os x" that goes fine then the blue screen where the user and pass prompt is meant to be stays blue and doesnt bring the prompt thus i cant use anything.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also i forgot to mention. The screen that mac runs inj when it gets to the "loading mac os x" screen it only uses like 1/2 of my monitor...

Intel®

Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHZ

3.01GHZ 512MB RAM

thats what my system info thing said and these are the items on the invoice.

AOPEN QF50B MID (BEIGE) W/350W W/USB

ASUS SKT 775 INTEL 925GL M.ATX 3PCI/1PCI-E 17X 4D DDR

INTEL P4 3.0 2M 800 775 BX 630 EM64T

DR 512M 400MHZ PC3200 8 CHIPS

ASUS EN6200 TURBO CACHE PCI-E 256MB DDR 64BIT TV-OUT DVI-D

MAXTOR 160GB 7200RPM UDMA133 10MS 8MB

LG DVD-RW 16X/16X BEIGE(NO S/W)

PAN 1.44 FD (BEIGE)

SB LIVE 24-BIT (OEM)

MS MULTIMEDIA KB a+ OPTICAL MSE COMBO(OEM) BEIGE+ CHARCOAL

thats all the hardware information on the invoice

need nething else?

I took a quick look a your specs. What mobo are you using? I cannot find it listed at all. Did you ever check the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL)? Ditto for the video card. I see that Asus makes it but it is not listed on the HCL. COuld be a compatibility issue

Also, make sure your settings in the BIOS are correct. I am not sure what version of OSX you are loading, (10.4.4, 10.4.7, 10.4.8, etc) and if it is 10.4.8, which kernel are you using? It is also dependent on your BIOS settings. You might want to toggle NX on and off, see if that helps.

wow. I didnt think it would be this complicated. My friend said i could just pop in the dvd disk and install.

Could anyojne point me in the direction of a good guild?

to installing 10.4.8 for intel

Always look before you leap. Why did you select those items? The best thing to do is look around these forums before you do anything.

That said, here is the most useful link I can think you will need:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Here you will find installation guides, how to dual boot, and that very helpful HCL. If not too late, I would look at returning some of your items and getting pieces from the HCL list. Did you try to alter your BIOS settings?

Well i dont know how but i went into the install installed the AMD version and that worked but the screen was flipped and small.

Then i started reinstalling Intel version and then stopped it and rebooted and BOOM it's good. I'm using it now! and i'm lovin it.

Having a friend come over tomorow and gonna install it over his stupid windows XP(cracked) version.

so yeah....

any idea's what I should do with my new mac first? I've setup all my admin accounts etc but i'm not to sure on running a server. I know my school does it but they pay...XD

Oh yes and I need to ask. I know you cant make an image of your HD unless the resource is not busy. I did just that booted mac os x up from install dvd and that should have enabled me to make it seeing as the HD was not being used.

For some reason it gives me an ERROR:-invalid arugment. With a hackintosh is it possible to make disk images? if so how? I'd like to have it to possibly install it on my school laptop.

Which My friend and I plan to hack next year.