continuous reboot?

6 posts in this topic

I'm having some trouble with my OS X installation.

My DVD burner broke, so what I had to do to install was dl the Deadmoo image, and copy it to a HD in VMware. Now I can boot into OS X and pretty much everything is running nicely.

There is one problem, though, that makes the system unusable. Either right before I get into OS X, or 5 seconds after I start using the mouse, the screen turns to that dark grey and says that I need to restart the computer. I tried just turning off my computer and letting it sit for 10 minutes or so. Then I booted into OS X again, and the system was running for, I'd say a good five or ten minutes...then the same restart. So it led me to believe it might have something to do with heat, but it can't be. My system is not overclocked, and it can run perfectly for days on end in windows.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, or maybe have a clue of what is going on?

Thanks

update. I think I found someone else who was having this problem. It sounds to me that their problem was that their processor didn't support SSE2. I have an AMD 3500+ Manchester Core, which I am pretty sure supports SSE3, I know it supports SSE22. Still very stuck.

So I finally figured it out. I was trying to run the unpatched deadmoo image native on an amd system. So ithe kernel panic has to be lack of AMD support. Since deadmoo is 10.4.1, I decided to just get a DVD burner and install 10.4.8.

Thanks for the help