Boot Camp 1.2 released, includes Vista support

37 posts in this topic

Been running Vista on MBP for ages now, works great, you can get everything working including good sound and two finger scroll etc if you put the effort into hunting down drivers/tweaks etc.

Just installed 1.2 seems ok so far, but gone back to inputremapper already.

Love the support for apple remote, anyone know if there is a windows API for apple remote?

I'm Hoping new drivers will;

- Improve Battery life in Vista.

- MBP will run a little cooler when running Vista.

- Parralles will add support for vista from bootcamp.

Not been using them long enough to notice yet.

im guessing that this wont work on osx x86 , right?

Think about what you just asked.

You would like to know if Windows XP and Vista drivers - written specifically for Apple's Mac hardware - might work for a Windows OS on non-Apple hardware? Like a Gateway?

I presume that they would work similar to how Dell Latitude drivers might work on a Lenovo Thinkpad. Which is to say not well at all.

=)

This release seems kinda buggy to me. I installed Vista Ultimate on my MBP, and I installed the drivers successfully. However, the graphics driver didn't work[said the Control Panel has 'issues'], and the trackpad doesn't allow for two finger clicking or scrolling. =x

Installed it on my MBp, deleted the XP prof. installation and installed Vista Ult. 32bit, then the bootcamp driver disk and it's all OK.

The graphics work fine, installed update via MS update and still OK, I had some issues with the ATI drivers on my PC with Vista 32bit and now 64bit so I don't use them.

i still hate how Boot Camp handles screen brightness. At the highest level, the screen is very very bright, and then the next lowest level, the screen is too dim. Also, the trackpad support is still s**t on Boot Camp. The two finger scrolling barely works and the lack of tap clicking and little things like the ability to ignore accidental trackpad input takes alot away from the user experience. I hope they make the trackpad driver as functional as it is in OS X when the final version of Boot Camp is released (I highly doubt it).