Suggestions....

144 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

For those of you that don't know already I'm part of the team that will be maintaining (and hopefully improving upon) InsanelyMac.

We're eager to hear what suggestions you have for improving things around here, both on the forums and the homepage/news front. So if there's something that's been annoying you, or you can think of a really cool feature that you'd love to see, now is the time to let us know!

Any suggestions (unless completely ridiculous) are welcome! :P

-CF

This has been bugging me for a while. When replying to a post:

Safari:

safari-emot.jpg

Firefox:

ff-emot.jpg

As you can see, it works fine in Firefox, however, in Safari it doesn't look too good...

This has been bugging me for a while. When replying to a post:

Safari:

safari-emot.jpg

Firefox:

ff-emot.jpg

As you can see, it works fine in Firefox, however, in Safari it doesn't look too good...

i agree SABR

and ColdFusion's avatar scares me :P

Hey ColdFusion , could you make more user friendly the "My controls part " thats one of the thing of the site that has never been change from the core.For new user sometimes can be confusing , in the last year i saw at least a hundred topics opened just to ask things like "how do i put a sign in there" or "how do i put a personal statement " .I hope you guys can work on this .Thanks.

:thumbsup_anim:

-New Avatar

-Better Search

-On Site Games

-Better Wiki

Yup, this should make the forum better.

Do you guys really think having games on InsanelyMac would make it better? Don't get me wrong, I mean, each to his own opinion, etc... but, games?

Surely you could go to http://www.teagames.com if you want to play games. InsanelyMac/The OSx86 Project should stick to what it does best in my opinion.

A few unique games might be fun. Like...

"Grand Theft Auto: Cupertino Edition"

"Maxxuss: The Awakening"

"Hardware Compatibility List Connect-the-dots"

"Where's Lisa?" (Instead of Waldo)

"The Sims: Jeans and Black Mock Turtleneck"

I'd play them. :(

A few unique games might be fun. Like...

"Grand Theft Auto: Cupertino Edition"

"Maxxuss: The Awakening"

"Hardware Compatibility List Connect-the-dots"

"Where's Lisa?" (Instead of Waldo)

"The Sims: Jeans and Black Mock Turtleneck"

I'd play them. :)

:P

But you forgot one more:

9-11 was an Inside Job (Leopard for iHacks) :lol:

• Like 1

How about a 'last poster' tag on the bottom of messages in My last 10 posts. Then you can see if anyone has posted since you did ie

Forum: OSx86 Installation · Post Preview: #338425 · Replies: 1 · Views: 20 · Last post: A.N.Other

Safari:

safari-emot.jpg

I mentioned this a long time ago:

clickablesmilieswindowjp1.png

Consider changing both. Does it in Firefox and Safari.

and ColdFusion's avatar scares me :P

I second that :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see the following:

1) Being able to find all posts by each user, in chronological order (just like in most other forums).

2) Obvious Microsoft shills should be banned. Why should we tolerate them? This is a Mac forum.

• Like 1

OK...to be honest I am tired of the whole battle here. I just suggested another theme. I never said anything about NM, but you guys seem to keep bringing it up. I love both of the websites, but just because one of them allows you to put ANYTHING in your sig and one doesn't allow offensive material (which makes sense), doesn't mean one is a freer site than the other.

and in some cases (not here) let you think different at the same time

This happens to be a lie. Has anyone mentioned anything about not having free speech?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Is either one of these sites Congress? No. They can make whatever rules they please.

I am sorry for going off topic but I am entirely fed up with this.

Although another light colored, maybe red theme would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

2 things I'd like to see here @ insanelymac;

1) Rammjet respond to my pms

2) Forums/Threads organized by hardware type for installation/support issues

1 forum for: SOUND, VIDEO, LAN, WIFI, etc.

Then 1 thread inside each forum based on type. Ultimately there are not much more than about 50 types of any of these that can run ANY osx86 installations.

I saw some improvements to organization here lately that were top notch. Nice job.

Also about black themes here @ insanleymac...i think they cost more just because...kinda like mbps...hehe...