Hardware Compatability Lists (HCLs)

sHARD>>

43 posts in this topic

macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd with Jas 1111a.Generic.Patch.v4.2b

A64 3000+ Venice

1 GB Ram Dual Channel

Mobo GA K8NS 939 Ultra (NForce 3)

Sapphire x850xt pe AGP

it works flawlessly, even i have a network connection (Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 onboard) but at this moment there isn't a chance to have QE enabled (for me). so, you haven't 3D acceleration.

• 2 weeks later...

Anychance of Updateing the HCL for 10.4.3, to include MSI Wireless Network Card, not the dual netcard, as it works perfectly with the new Rallink drivers, how ever these are not included on the Rallink website yet :whistle: but availbull from the Drivers section :angel: if you read the post, carefully

Ben

I am currently running on OS 10.4.1, but hope to be on 10.4.3 tonight or tomorrow. I am running a K8N-E Deluxe board with a Sempron 64 3000+ and (temporarily so I don't have to tear apart my main machine until I get this all setup) a Radeon 9000. I am able to boot, etc no problem. Unfortunately, my Gigabit LAN (Marvell) does not work. I have not tested sound yet, nothing is connected. I have been able to get video output via the -x command line function to 1280x1024 and 800x600 when it didn't accept my other attempts. I would kill to be able to get full 1680x1050 on this card, my Radeon 9550, or any other moderately-priced AGP card if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I plan on using a Linksys LNE-100TX 10/100 NIC for Mac Ethernet if no one can make the Marvell Gigabit on this motherboard work...

Additionally, I apologize for the n00b question, but could someone please define PAE and NX for me or point me to a resource that could explain what processors have these functions? I personally have a Sempron 64 3000+, so it is not an issue, but I would still like to read about it, thanks!

Since the Wiki page is down, I'll note my setup here:

OSX86 v10.4.3 (Native Install) 1111a DVD

AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+- OK

Abit AT8 Motherboard

- On board 8 Channel Realtek ALC882D Audio (Not Working)

- On board Realtek 8110 Networking - OK

- USB (All USB 2.0 Ports working) - OK

- SATA II (Bios RAID mode) ULi Chipset - (Not Working)

- IDE ATA HD Ali Chipset M5995 (No DMA Mode) - (Not Working)

- NEC 3550A DVD Burner (Tested with TOAST) - OK

Soundblaster Audigy2 - (Not Working)

ATI X1800-XL - no native detection (Not Working)

Dell 20.1" Widescreen Monitor (native 1680x1050) Only getting 1280x1024 - (Not Working)

Logitech G5 Laser Mouse - OK

Logitech Elite Keyboard (set in BIOS to BIOS handles keyboard (not OS)) - OK

WindowsXP Home (On SATA RAID Drives) Just needed to add Chain0 command to boot.ini for dual boot - OK

What do you think about this:

- AMD Athlon64 Hammer (SSE3)

- North Bridge "ATI Radeon XPRESS 200"

- South Bridge "ATI SB400"

- Audio Chipset "Realtek ALC655"

- LAN Chipset "Realtek 8100C"

- Onboard Video Chipset "ATI Radeon X300-based 2D/3D"

- (but I would use a Radeon X1300 PCI-E card.)

I had just built a new box on a DFI VIA K8M800/VT8237 mobo, geforce FX5500, with Windows XP in mind. But then I stumbled onto OSx86...

Well... 10.4.3 runs so-so on this box, but I can't get above 60Hz refresh or set 1400x900 resolution. A possible replacement would be an ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 (Jetway AGP desktop card), which is the only decent AGP Radeon low-profile card I can find (I like my sleek case and want to keep it). But I don't know if it will run >60Hz @ 1400x900x24bit (tho the HCL says it supports QE & CI, that might only be in laptops.)

Since I'm having trouble finding a decent Radeon/AGP/low-profile card to replace my nVidia card, I'm thinking about buying a new mobo and video card. I realize that for best compatibilty a better choice would be an Intel chipset, but I don't want to reinvest in a CPU -- I'm sticking with AMD. Is this a reasonable line of thinking?

In other words:

1 - Will AMD cpu + ATI chipset + Radeon = QE + CI + fast refresh rates?

2 - Can anyone point me to a NICE low-profile AGP video card that will run osx >60Hz and save me the $ and trouble of upgrading my already-built DFI XP box?

Thanks!!!

Jazzz

Well, 10.4.1 works natively and under VMWare on my PC.

Hardware:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice core (Skt 939)

DFI Ultra-infinity nF4U

Realtek AC'97 Integrated Audio

Graphics: 7800GT; VESA 3.0. Can't get MacVidia drivers to work :( Can get to 1280x1024x32 though...

LAN - Doesn't work

Firewire - It's detected but I haven't tested it

I'm trying 10.4.3 soon...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know what wrong...

i'm not able to install in my computer

here is the spec.

amd athlon xp 2400+

ecs k7vta3.3

v-gen ddr 256 MB

seagate 80 GB

g-force 2 ti 64 MB (inno3d)

creative sb audigy

even when using vmware at my 2nd pc

here is my 2nd pc spec

amd sempron 2500

abit kw7

v-gen ddr 2x512 MB

seagate 40 GB

ati radeon 9200 128 MB

what is wrong mith my computer...

plz help....

• 3 weeks later...

hi, just wanna share my config:

-Intel PIV 3.0 ghz, with HT

-Intel 865 mobo (onboard audio and ethernet)

-3 hds, os x installed on an 30 gb ATA one, partitioned

-sound blaster audigy

-sapphire ati radeon 9550

-1 gb ram

-speedtouch 330 usb modem

here I go:

I installed os x 10.4.1 with the deadmoo's image (i extracted the image, made a partition with diskpart, used dd, the chain0 file for multiboot with windows), and it booted perfectly.

I patched the kernel with the original image, because deadmoo didn't include SSE3 instructions. Then I patched CoreGraphics. And the machine flyes, as long as I can tell.

I have a hp deskjet 810c printer, and it works great. It hasn't detected my hp 2200c scanner, but I think it's fixable.

Sound blaster audigy: won't work. I activated the onboard sound, but it didn't work (it was recognized but... no sound), so I'll try the maxxus AppleAC97Audio.kext driver.

The radeon was detected as a 9600 pro, but it's normal. And it doesn't support extra features, just vesa 2.0.

About the speedtouch modem: I installed the drivers, changed the phonebook.ini file for my dsl conection, and it just WON'T work because it was made for ppc arch, not i386, so we'll have to wait for drivers (or port linux ones... I executed the speedtouchconf.sh script, but of course, it's not linux..., but maybe, just maybe, it could be portable).

And that's my entire experience with it, knowing a bit of bash was good for me :)

There's some mistake on the Wiki about Acer Aspire 5022 on the HCL of 10.4.3:

Actually the Laptop he mentioned is Ferrari 4002, I've corrected it...

PS: I know because I'm using the real Aspire 5022, it doesn't work on either from 10.4.1 to 10.4.5........

Unsupport report for 10.4.6:

Acer Aspire 5022

Same problem with 10.4.1: "Still waiting for root device"

Maybe everything else is evoluting, but what makes me feel EXTREMLY SAD is this OS not.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to add a couple to the list of full/almost fully compatible motherboards.

Add in a Gigabye 8I848P-G to almost fully compatible. The onboard NIC doesn't work as default, but there may be a kext to make it work. I just used the RealTek NIC I had.

Also, as far as Fully Compatible goes, add the ASUS P4P800S-X, Onboards NIC, Sound works out of the box with the Myzard 10.4.5 installer disc, the only thing is for sound you have to plug into the line out jack, not the speaker jack, and you have to load the modified AC'97 kext file.

• 3 weeks later...