Running aTV OS on Intel Macs

Soündless

34 posts in this topic

oops sorry for the typo....http://crimsonredmk.googlepages.com/tv is right. I'm trying to disassemble the kernel prelink, I've read that some kexts are in there, and maybe the ACPI kext could be placed inside. Worth a try?

Also I never really said hello, so hi, I'm Mike and i'm glad to finally be a part of this forum. I've always been interested in OSX86, until I bought an iMac, but now the goodness continues with the AppleTV OS. I'll keep posting if I get results.

welcome.

i wonder how the guys in the video did it. i will screw around in 1hr and 45min, if someone could seed the demon one, that'd be great

I'm calling {censored} right now.

All I saw was his screen going ridiculously bright so we couldn't see and one of the times it faded back and you saw Video 1 in the corner implying the channel was changed.

He logged into OSX in the OSX login interface, not anything like how AppleTV works. His bootup looked nothing like the appleTV boot up, it looks like a regular osx86 boot up.

I can easily make my mac go full screen and play the appletv video on startup to make it appear to do the same as that video, which shuts off as soon as the video is over.

BikeDude has been claiming that his implementation is using Backrow/Finder.app (renamed to avoid conflicts) under a Hackintosh, not actually using the AppleTV-OS, just using AppleTV's Frontrow under an actual installation.

But, I spotted those same issues myself and brought them up, to which they were discounted.

The mostly white screen is the bootscreen. The flashing black and Video 1 on screen is normal on my Toshiba TV if there is no source connected which normally happens with my Mini when changing resolutions.

The Second screen is the actual Mac OS X is Loading screen, followed by Finder loading (giving us the dock) and then screen goes black before playing the AppleTV Animation.

ok, i booted up after removing finder, setup assistant, and the wtchdog thing, and i get a whole bunch of faliures, then still waiting for root device.

ok, i booted up after removing finder, setup assistant, and the watchdog thing, and i get a whole bunch of faliures, then still waiting for root device.

Would someone be able to explain how to properly restore the full AppleTV.dmg to a blank hard drive, as I tried several times including the AwkwardTV instructions, but all it does is go for about 5 seconds, then say still waiting for root device. Guides would be wonderful :).