ac97audio kext in osx 10.4.3

tekno

72 posts in this topic

I am happy to have sound now- but only left channel. Any idea to fix that problem?

Thanx Macgirl for the kext!!

Coolio

Here's a fix I found.

Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA a.k.a VT8235 (Works - left channel only, if you have pitched sound set the Output to 48 KHz). <- Work greats, thanks to whoever found the trick. To set 48Khz, Application -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup. Change from 44.1KHz to 48KHz. ALAS!

macgirl would you happen to know how to get sound from an azalia sound card? my m/b is an asus p5gl-mx model and the sound card is identified as azalia on the bios enable/disable option. osx lists it as hd audio but no sound comes out of the speakers. any help would be very much appreciated. specifically it's an Analog Devices Soundmax ADS1986a sound card. vender id = 8086 and device id = 2668

thanks!

mike

Not sure but modify the Info.plist of the azalia kext with your DeviceID and see if it loads manually and then after reboot.

I cant seem to get this kext working on my laptop.

I beleive I'm on a AC'97 Realtek integrated sound card, tried using lspci, but no such luck.

I chmod -R 755 on the kext after putting it in the /system/library/extensions/

but it still didn't help.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Poz

I get an error: as follows

kextload: extension AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext appears to be valid

16IOAC97AudioCodec is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext

load failed for extension AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext

any clue on what that means?

• 1 month later...

PLEASE DISREGARD - I'M AN IDIOT!!!!

My sound works flawlessly!

Anyone care to lend a hand here for me? I've downloaded and copied over the kext from MacGirl (Thanks!). I've went ahead and issued all of the commands here and rebooted.

I now get a Volume control on my desktop, and I see a device listed under Preferences/Sound (AC97 Audio PCM) which is correct - BUT I STILL HAVE NO SOUND!

Not sure what else to do here - but I'm hoping somebody out there can help!

I've got a Dell 8400 with built-in sound. The Vendor ID is 8086 and the Device ID is 266e

I verified that this is listed in the Info.plist file - and it is.

Anyone???

THANKS!!!!

macgirl! YOU ARE MY HERO! it works!!!

I have a perfect system now! :(

in case anyone need it, at terminal:

sudo -s

<type your password>

cp -R <path>AppleAC97Audio.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

kextload AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext

(at this moment, I got sound working)

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot, sound works!

Hi,

Stupid question but what do I put on <path> ???

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello this looks like a great place to ask my question.

I was looking at this guide for enabling audio on my desktop:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

One of the first steps is identifying the vender/device ID. I noticed then that my card 'type' is WDM. Does this mean it wont work? Its a soundmax integrated digital card on my Dell dimension 4600 w/ i865P/PE/G/i848P (according to CPU-z)

Suggustions? Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Conexant AC97 Audio (PCM) card. Why doesn't it work? I have loaded all the plugins but they say:

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors: com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Does anyone know?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay... I was having the same problem being able to get sound work using the kext file because I am using 10.4.1, I've spent the last hour or two searching around and trying to compile the kext myself (which I had no luck doing!).. would actually be quite interested in reading a tutorial as to how to do it.

Anyhow, managed to find a precompiled version of the AppleAC97Audio.kext for 10.4.1 on a German site which I'll upload as other people had the same problem and there was only a 10.4.3 driver posted here.

Oh also. I'm using this driver on a Compaq N800v lappy just incase someone else is having the same trouble :)

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

Okay... I was having the same problem being able to get sound work using the kext file because I am using 10.4.1, I've spent the last hour or two searching around and trying to compile the kext myself (which I had no luck doing!).. would actually be quite interested in reading a tutorial as to how to do it.

Anyhow, managed to find a precompiled version of the AppleAC97Audio.kext for 10.4.1 on a German site which I'll upload as other people had the same problem and there was only a 10.4.3 driver posted here.

Oh also. I'm using this driver on a Compaq N800v lappy just incase someone else is having the same trouble ;)

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

Does anyone have a working version for 10.4.5? My machine is Dell PowerEdge SC400. I tried the macgirl's but no luck :D. The driver loads fine but there is just no sound.

Thanks.

Allright, I have made leaps and bounds learning how this Mac OS works. This is my first experience with it and I must say I am impressed. I am having similar problems to that which has been mentioned. My AC97 Realtek Audio in not being detected within the OS. I have me Vendor and Device ID and have entered them into the kext in their appropriate places. I have however noticed that these kexts are for Intel Chipset AMD Via and there are two others. I am currently running and AMD 64 3000+ in a Gigabyte board that has a ULi (ALi) chipset. Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong? Any infomation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AZTDaniel

Hi everybod, Ive tried the forum's wiki, macgirl kext (osx 10.4.3)

my kextload says "succesfully" but i still don´t have sound

my Laptop is a hp compaq nc4010 with ac97 audio (0x10b95451), what else can i do?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

This doesn't work for me on JaS's 10.4.6. Is there an updated one that will? I added my audio card device id to the AppleAC97AudioIntelICH/Contents/Info.plist in the correct location, but it says the plugin was installed improperly. Guessing things have changed quite a bit between versions. When I try to load the plugin from the command line it says it's not authentic and to check ownership and permissions. Have run requisite chown, chmod, and repaired disk permissions to no avail.

Any help appreciated. :censored2: