10.4.3 broadcom wireless effort

sportman

235 posts in this topic

i got a bit of a problem. i added the modified io80211family.kext, and i got osx to recognize the card. the problem im experiencing is that when i try to connect to the access point it just hangs while its "trying" to connect, and if i try opening other apps they dont go in. only way out of this is by doing a hard-reboot.

i have a 700m dell laptop

truemobile 1350

soo.... any of you know what's going on?

Same problem here. The weird thing is that I had this working perfectly on my setup b4 but I wanted to make the Partition size bigger so I reinstalled and now I am having the problem you are. EVEN after reinstalls.

Its so weird that I have done many reinstalls on this system using the same disc I always use and have made the same WIFI card 4318 work everytime after the installs, It's just this time that I made the partition bigger it wont work and continues not to work after reinstall froms this point on (after Partition size change)

Anyone have any clues?

OSX sees my card with the correct mac My signal strength meter works and it shows the correct mac of my router and says it is connected to is however it will not get and IP from it and it crashes all my progs

HooKed

Can someone please email me their IO8011 kext to deacon_la@yahoo.com I think it is the driver I am using I think it got f'ed up when I copied it over to windows b4 I did my reinstall. I tried the one from the 10.4.4 extensions I downloaded but that might be a PPC version.

Anyways Thanks,

HooKed

I have just installed 10.4.4 and everything was working perfectly until for no reason kernel panics came back into my life. if i boot with -v i get this kernel panic message. I am pretty sure its because of the wireless drivers i had to slighly modify to get my broadcom 4320 chipset working. The thing is it was working perfectly. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys know what's going on here since 10.4.4 was working beautifully on my comp.

post-5953-1140490884_thumb.jpg

goddamnit ever since the forum went silence, i cant find this f***ing kext. i will kill someone for this file. plz email it to sidewayzs13@gmail.com

i will paypal you if i have to i swear to god, im so frustrated i want to shoot something right now. i have spent 3 hours looking for this effin file and i cant find it anywhere. PLEASE!!!!!

goddamnit ever since the forum went silence, i cant find this f***ing kext. i will kill someone for this file. plz email it to sidewayzs13@gmail.com

i will paypal you if i have to i swear to god, im so frustrated i want to shoot something right now. i have spent 3 hours looking for this effin file and i cant find it anywhere. PLEASE!!!!!

calm down there buddy, what kext do you need?

I can access my card through terminal (scan, web key, etc.), but I can't see it in the network configuration. Since the system forgets all changes made in terminal on reboot this is kind of cumbersome. Did anybody get this to work any further? I have a Broadcom 4320.

Thanks,

JST

So here's where I am on this issue:

Dell Inspiron 5100, Truemobile 1400, running 10.4.3 8F1111A patched by Jas v4.2b

Edited IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.4 with six possible hardware IDs,

Successfully loaded using terminal commands (both kextload and kextcache -- what each does I'm not exactly sure)

Changed "en0" to "en1" and "0" to "1", as per ohpossum's suggestion

reboot and... nothing. nothing shows up in About This Computer, for either AirPort or PCI cards.

how can i check to see if the IO80211Family.kext was loaded correctly? Is it possible my IO80211Family.kext is corrupt?

My sony laptop is running 10.4.1, everything is working, except wireless. today i got Broadcom #BCM94318MPG mini wireless pci card. after i read all posts in here, but still dont know how to get it to work. can any one post a guide with all addtional file that need to make it works?

Thanks very much@!

I have Acer Aspire 3022 I have Relatek LAN (works) and Broadcom 4318 wireless.

After plist edit (IO80211Family.kext) Airport recognised, but not works....

Dependency error

AppleAirPortBrcm4311:

Version: 1.0

Last Modified: 1/16/06 12:15 PM

Get Info String: 1.0, Copyright © 2006 Apple Computer, Inc., All Rights Reserved

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

kext Version: 100.9

Load Address: 0x243bc000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext is modified

AirPort Card Information:

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x311)

Wireless Card Locale: USA

Wireless Card Firmware Version: 100.9 (3.120.28.3)

Current Wireless Network: wireless network not available

Please help !!!!!

Hey guys,

Serious thanks to cheesecake. You rock my world man. I now have wireless!!!!

Here is my status. I have an Inspiron 6000 that had an intel wireless card. I scammed a Broadcom 4306 from a Dell Latitude d600. This is a truemobile 1300 believe?? Sigh, I forgot to write down what it said in xp before i took it. I am running 10.4.5 and i just directly modified /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist in vi from the shell and added the 4306 rebooted, nothing, added another 4320 also and presto it works!!!!

Here are my config lines:

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4306</string>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

</array>

again, many many thanks! Anyone should be able to buy this card on eBay, its is cheap appears to work fine.

-HR

• 2 weeks later...

I am also look for the io80211 kext file. As well, ass the AppleAirportBRCM kext. I'm running a mac and I'm trying to figure out how to get my USB broadcom adapter to work. I know some of you are gonna say that it's not supported or whatever, but I'm still gonna try. I searched my HD (on my Mac) and I can't find these files. Do I need to look on my Tiger install DVD?

I know most of you are far into the game now...but I still can't get it working. I'm 100% positive I have 4318 chipset. I modify the the string to have 4318 in it then do permissions and all that. So I reboot and it says my airort is detected. I get the baseball field in the toolbar and it shows up in system preferences and ifconfig.But for some reason it just doesn't detect any networks anywhere. I have a wifi connection to my mac mini. So I know it's there. Any suggestions???Thanks in advance.

Dary23

Hey so im on 10.4.5, on my compaq presario v2005US (broadcom BCM4306) i got it to work by doing the folowing:

Open IO80211Family.kext by right clicking and going show package contents.

Go into plugins and do the same to the broadcom kext

Edit the info.plist to include whatever you want, i edited mine to include all broadcom cards i could think of:

Im not sure if they all work, but i just figured id add them all...

Save it and repair permissions,

then go to back to System/Library/

and delete the mkext and the kextcache

reboot and it should show up in the menu bar

open system prefferences and click on network, it will say there is a new port

add it then close system preferences (dont config it in there)

at this point i had to randomly click the wireless button on my laptop untill some local wifi networks showed up in the menu

ever since then its worked flawlessly.

if you try to config it before it shows wireless networks in the menu, it generally crashed for me.

Good luck!