10.4.3 broadcom wireless effort

sportman

235 posts in this topic

I get the exact same problem. I am trying this on a HP Pavilion ZV6000 that i installed 111a on(vmware to physical harddisk). I'm pretty sure i have the right card, i have a Broadcom 80211.b/g WLAN. I couldn't find the chipset number anwhere, but looking at id's in win xp led me to believe it was a 4306. Is there any easy way to find your chipset?

Also, every time i reboot, my system clock is set back to 1969 so i dunno if that's a completely diff prob or if it could be the cause of something not getting loaded correctly.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I need the driver for the 1450, anyone care to repost?

update on mine (4306)

previously I was only able to connect via the airport command line utility. however, I now have full functionality. this was done simply by getting a driver for my intergrated ethernet controller (marvell yukon gigabit) so that the OS would recognize wired as 0. whoever said that the OS has a problem with the wireless being the only network controller was right. if there's no wired controller as #0, it gets confused.

if you still can't get 4306 to be recognized at all, try entering all 43XX series model numbers up to something arbitrarily high. I'm rather nubbly and don't know what ill effects spamming it like that might cause, but I know that the number detection is sort of screwed up and doing a sort of 'brute-force' method like that ought to have a good chance of working.

udate on my broadcom (4320/4306) effort :

I reinstalled winXP from my acer recovery disks, and reinstalled 10.4.3. The xp version from these recovery disk has a keyboard utility, which enables an always on/always off function for my networkcard. I rememberd reading this could be a solution.

So I downloaded the kext from this topic , added all possible cards to the plist (4306,4318 and 4320) and to my suprise the network card was recognized!

I did two things different in this install :

1. downloaded another kext (but i doubt this one is different)

2. a used a winXP util to set the card to always on

I guess it was step 2 that did the trick. The utility is standard on my acer aspire 1610 notebook, I don't think it will work if you haven't got the same keyboard with this special wlan on/off key. But if you want to give it a try, it is the launch utility located on this page

I'm still wrestling with my 4306.

I noticed something strange...

I removed my firewirecard. But Profiler still thinks it's in there on PCI_2. At the moment my guess is that this is blocking the detecting of my 4306. Any suggestions on how to remove the firewirecard from the profiler?

Just a status report: I got a Belkin F5D7000 v2000 PCI card, which is not working since 10.4.1 (yes, I installed the modified AppleAirport2.kext, but no go!), and I followed this thread, got the IO80211Family.kext into my 8F1111, loaded the driver successfully, but not a sign of it's functioning... I found you guys are mostly using laptop, but I'm using my desktop. Anybody in the same shoes with me?

i have the same issue. i got a belkin f5d7000 wireless g pci card that had a broadcom chip in it. i tried adding my device id to the plist file for the 43xx file and it doesnt see the card after a reboot. osx doesnt even see it under system profiler. the only pci/e cards it see is my audigy2 ( only ieee1394 works ), ati x700pro pcie card ( vesa only ), onboard pcie1x intel wired ethernet port thats it. osx 10.4.3 (8f1111) doesnt detect/see my belkin pci wireless card. i'm stuck right now as to what to do. at least i have wired net for now...

I've got my 4318 card working with the same setting accept it is <string>pci14e4,4318</string> in stead of <string>pci14e4,4320</string>. OsX86 10.4.3.

Thanx for this great tip!

---------------------------------------

Tried to internet with the thing. It completely hangs. Gonna try some other things. It makes a connection though, so that's a good start.

i tried that for my belkin f5d7000 and i cant get it to be recognized at all.

unknown device gives me this info:

ven_14e4&dev_4318&subsys_700001799&rev_02

i edited the info.plist to include the device id and airport cant see it.

i'm using a d945psnlk

*edit*

i finally figured it out... it turnes out it was the patched 80211family.kext file that was the culprit, so i deleted it and copied over the one from the 10.4.4 and added my device id to the info.plist and boom it recognized it right away

thx Cheescakes for the info took me awhile though, but i finally got it

i'm using a d945psnlk

i finally figured it out... it turnes out it was the patched 80211family.kext file that was the culprit, so i deleted it and copied over the one from the 10.4.4 and added my device id to the info.plist and boom it recognized it right away

That worked like a charm for me

my dell 1350 has dev id 4320 , i used the kext from 10.4.4 went into the kext and opened the info plist and added mine, the i HAD TO

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/io80211family.kext

after you hit enter put this next

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/io80211family.kext

then i reboot and went into network pref and it found my new port.. etc.. and it works perfectly

here is my kext

*edit*[attachment removed]

i'm using a d945psnlk

*edit*

Thank you arenared for your files, now I have my Dell D600 Internal Trumobile 1350 working great, also have working BCM5701 FastEthernet on 10.4.3 8F1111.

Thannk you also to everyone else on this posting for the great support.

Very happy users here.

Bye and good luck!

post-14287-1139024946_thumb.png

:) YES - Linksys WPC54G v1 working in Compaq Evo N610C under 10.4.3 using the IO80211Family.kext attached earlier in this forum!. I am now ditching the D-Link USB dongle using the RA Technology open source drivers as that approach was much less stable. This rocks!

Thank you arenared for your files, now I have my Dell D600 Internal Trumobile 1350 working great, also have working BCM5701 FastEthernet on 10.4.3 8F1111.

Thannk you also to everyone else on this posting for the great support.

Very happy users here.

Bye and good luck!

Well i wouldnt have been able to get it done if it werent Mad _ Maxx's insight.

We're all here to help each other out.

Long live the fight.

I have a wierd one for you guys.

After editing the kext from 10.4.4 and adding 4318, OSX finds my miniwifi and even the button and light works on the laptop (compaq v200) it also finds my WEP enabled network

Here is the wierd part it will not associate with my network and system profiler shows airport extreme but it says that it is off. WTF? even tho the light is on.

Anyways I know one of you geeks(no pun intended) will know whats up.

Thanks in advance,

HooKed

I have read every page on this post and I have a Linsys WMP54G v2 and I have got the kext i think to work. Windows XP sais i have a broadcom 4320 chipset. I added the rest into the plist such as 4318 and 4306 just incase, it seems XP is not always accurate with this. I reboot my computer and an ethernet port magically shows up in Network. On the menu bar I have the ethernet symbol and when i click on it it tells me Airport: not configured. When i go to system profiler it shows me an Airport Card in the Airport menu which was not there before. Tells me I have an Airport Extreme and that Airport is currently turned off. I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this, and how to turn it on, thank you.

Here is a screenshot:

post-5953-1139091383_thumb.jpg

I went to System Preferences and then clicked on Network. there was no airport port detected, instead it seems that it shows as an ethernet port because there was no ethernet port detected before the new kext.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated since it;s my only way on the net.

I have installed this kext and it finds my card (I have an Acer 5024 laptop).

In System Profiler it is also there and under en1. But it doesnt find any networks. Nor does the light work on my laptop. Occasionally the PS2 drivers seems to crash but that may be a coincident not related to this issue.

What else can I do?

Its a broadcom 4318 chip.

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 with 1300 MiniPCI (Broadcom 4320). And my relase is "macosx_10.4.3_8f1111a_JaS_Patch_4.2b"

I 'm glad to announce that it works prfectly for me, and i want to thank evreryone who have worked hard to find this fine solution.

I did all that you wrote but without using the Terminal (except one moment) because i don't undertand it :)

1) The Edit of the Kext (file :AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/contents/info.plist) has been done under XP using WordPad

Edit from

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

</array>

to

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

</array>

Then I saved the new "IO80211Family.kext" on my disk

2) Boot on MacOSX86 as "root"

Drag the modified "IO80211Family.kext" into " /System/Library/Extensions/"

3) Use The "Terminal" :) to copy and paste (without understanding what i was doing)

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

4) Boot again and it works :D:D:D (connected to airport without any problem)

Thanks again, and excuse my poor english (i'm french)

If you are interested, here is my [Violation of DMCA]

Thanks to all for all the help -

I have a problem, though -

I edited info.plist and moved the kext into the extensions folder -

when I reboot, though, it just hangs on the apple logo screen with the black spinny circle - -

Could someopne please please please help me remove that kext from the prompt after booting with -s?

I tried rm /system/library/extensions/IO80211.kext (or whatever the name of it is.. dont have it in front of me) - but it says that IO80211.kext is a directory - -

How can I remove it so I can boot again?

thanks!

by the way, I have a truemobile 1350

i got a bit of a problem. i added the modified io80211family.kext, and i got osx to recognize the card. the problem im experiencing is that when i try to connect to the access point it just hangs while its "trying" to connect, and if i try opening other apps they dont go in. only way out of this is by doing a hard-reboot.

i have a 700m dell laptop

truemobile 1350

soo.... any of you know what's going on?

OKay, I went through this whole thread and I did not find an answer, so I guess i will just ask... is there any chance that this will work on the old 4301 chipset, (its "B" only) I have a friend who really wants to try this out, but needs wireless on her dell 5100 : ). Any help would be appricated.