10.4.3 broadcom wireless effort

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
234 replies to this topic

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts
I have the 4320 model. It shows up in System Profiler now as the Airport Extreme card, but I can't configure the card itself (doesn't show up in network preferences, etc). Any ideas?

osx_x86

osx_x86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have started a project to port ndis wrapper to os x x86 at the forums at http://www.osxx86.tk . that way we can all just take our windows drivers and use them for os x. All we need are some good programmers.

HooKed

HooKed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

i got a bit of a problem. i added the modified io80211family.kext, and i got osx to recognize the card. the problem im experiencing is that when i try to connect to the access point it just hangs while its "trying" to connect, and if i try opening other apps they dont go in. only way out of this is by doing a hard-reboot.

i have a 700m dell laptop
truemobile 1350

soo.... any of you know what's going on?

Same problem here. The weird thing is that I had this working perfectly on my setup b4 but I wanted to make the Partition size bigger so I reinstalled and now I am having the problem you are. EVEN after reinstalls.

Its so weird that I have done many reinstalls on this system using the same disc I always use and have made the same WIFI card 4318 work everytime after the installs, It's just this time that I made the partition bigger it wont work and continues not to work after reinstall froms this point on (after Partition size change)

Anyone have any clues?

OSX sees my card with the correct mac My signal strength meter works and it shows the correct mac of my router and says it is connected to is however it will not get and IP from it and it crashes all my progs

HooKed

HooKed

HooKed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Can someone please email me their IO8011 kext to deacon_la@yahoo.com I think it is the driver I am using I think it got f'ed up when I copied it over to windows b4 I did my reinstall. I tried the one from the 10.4.4 extensions I downloaded but that might be a PPC version.

Anyways Thanks,
HooKed

HooKed

HooKed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Just adding to my last post I forgot to mention that my realtek Eth0 card has always worked with no mods to any kexts. Dont know if that helps but i thought i would tell you guys anyway

murcielago585

murcielago585

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I have just installed 10.4.4 and everything was working perfectly until for no reason kernel panics came back into my life. if i boot with -v i get this kernel panic message. I am pretty sure its because of the wireless drivers i had to slighly modify to get my broadcom 4320 chipset working. The thing is it was working perfectly. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys know what's going on here since 10.4.4 was working beautifully on my comp.

Attached Files

HooKed

HooKed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
wow i cant believe that none of you have that kext.

No one is willing to send it my way?

HooKed

detriment

detriment

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
goddamnit ever since the forum went silence, i cant find this f***ing kext. i will kill someone for this file. plz email it to sidewayzs13@gmail.com

i will paypal you if i have to i swear to god, im so frustrated i want to shoot something right now. i have spent 3 hours looking for this effin file and i cant find it anywhere. PLEASE!!!!!

MacSpaces

MacSpaces

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

wow i cant believe that none of you have that kext.

No one is willing to send it my way?

HooKed

When i get home later on today i will earch for it and if i have it send it to you.

detriment what kext do you need?

im running 10.4.3

fallingup

fallingup

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

goddamnit ever since the forum went silence, i cant find this f***ing kext. i will kill someone for this file. plz email it to sidewayzs13@gmail.com

i will paypal you if i have to i swear to god, im so frustrated i want to shoot something right now. i have spent 3 hours looking for this effin file and i cant find it anywhere. PLEASE!!!!!

calm down there buddy, what kext do you need?

HooKed

HooKed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I need it also
the IO80211Family kext from 10.4.4 and 10.4.3 1099

Thanks in advance.

Cant we just repost it here? It doesnt infringe on anything.

HooKed
deacon_la@yahoo.com

snackole

snackole

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Just do a Google search for 10.4.4 kext files.

fallingup

fallingup

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
afik, we cant repost it here, it is part of a copyrighted system...we dont want to chance it with apple legal.

treyd

treyd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
HooKed I have your same problem. My OSX has pretty much stopped working as well. I'm going to reinstall now I guess. Keep me updated.

jst68

jst68

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I can access my card through terminal (scan, web key, etc.), but I can't see it in the network configuration. Since the system forgets all changes made in terminal on reboot this is kind of cumbersome. Did anybody get this to work any further? I have a Broadcom 4320.

Thanks,
JST

nsmith40

nsmith40

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
So here's where I am on this issue:

Dell Inspiron 5100, Truemobile 1400, running 10.4.3 8F1111A patched by Jas v4.2b

Edited IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.4 with six possible hardware IDs,
Successfully loaded using terminal commands (both kextload and kextcache -- what each does I'm not exactly sure)
Changed "en0" to "en1" and "0" to "1", as per ohpossum's suggestion

reboot and... nothing. nothing shows up in About This Computer, for either AirPort or PCI cards.

how can i check to see if the IO80211Family.kext was loaded correctly? Is it possible my IO80211Family.kext is corrupt?

zdw

zdw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
My sony laptop is running 10.4.1, everything is working, except wireless. today i got Broadcom #BCM94318MPG mini wireless pci card. after i read all posts in here, but still dont know how to get it to work. can any one post a guide with all addtional file that need to make it works?

Thanks very much@!

fallingup

fallingup

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
this forum is for 10.4.3 users. not 10.4.1

Andras Kenez

Andras Kenez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
I have Acer Aspire 3022 I have Relatek LAN (works) and Broadcom 4318 wireless.
After plist edit (IO80211Family.kext) Airport recognised, but not works....
Dependency error

AppleAirPortBrcm4311:

Version: 1.0
Last Modified: 1/16/06 12:15 PM
Get Info String: 1.0, Copyright 2006 Apple Computer, Inc., All Rights Reserved
Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext
kext Version: 100.9
Load Address: 0x243bc000
Valid: Yes
Authentic: Yes
Dependencies: Incomplete
Dependency Errors:
com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found
Integrity: Kext is modified

AirPort Card Information:

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x311)
Wireless Card Locale: USA
Wireless Card Firmware Version: 100.9 (3.120.28.3)
Current Wireless Network: wireless network not available

Please help !!!!!

HolyRoses

HolyRoses

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey guys,

Serious thanks to cheesecake. You rock my world man. I now have wireless!!!!

Here is my status. I have an Inspiron 6000 that had an intel wireless card. I scammed a Broadcom 4306 from a Dell Latitude d600. This is a truemobile 1300 believe?? Sigh, I forgot to write down what it said in xp before i took it. I am running 10.4.5 and i just directly modified /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist in vi from the shell and added the 4306 rebooted, nothing, added another 4320 also and presto it works!!!!

Here are my config lines:

<array>
<string>pci14e4,4311</string>
<string>pci14e4,4312</string>
<string>pci14e4,4306</string>
<string>pci14e4,4320</string>
<string>pci14e4,4324</string>
</array>

again, many many thanks! Anyone should be able to buy this card on eBay, its is cheap appears to work fine.

-HR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy