10.4.3 broadcom wireless effort

sportman

235 posts in this topic

Is working for me too, on an Acer Ferrari 4005WLMi with Broadcom BCM4318. The only problem I'm experiencing is the feel of a slower internet speed. Browsing the net is much slower than in Windows XP. I don't have an explanation but I'll try to search for a bandwidth metter or something like that, to verify.

Anyone knows what exactly "Use Interference Robustness" does?!

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys...

ive got the kext installed and chown'd, chmod'd etc. problem now is that if the card is in the laptop, it freezes. if you pull it out, pc works fine.. as soon as i slip it back in it freezes again.

anyone have this issue? ive got the 4320 pcmcia card.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot, crusher.

That helped, and the wireless chip on my HP Compaq nx6110 was recognized as AirPort.

Right now I'm trying to connect to some of the neighbour's networks :D.

EDIT: Shame AirPort isn't based on a Prism2 chip.. I could KisMAC those maroons =).

• 3 weeks later...

CheeseCake Wrote:

Download 10.4.4 extensions (search forum), extract and find IO80211Family.text/contents/plugins/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/contents/info.plist

Somebody help me plz, where could i download them?

btw, I use 10.4.6. Would 10.4.4 extensions help me or i should search 10.0.6 one?

I need WiFi, ATI X600 and 6-in-1 cardreader get working.

My book is HP ZD8205US

~~~~~~~~~

CPU 2.8 Prescott P4

MEM 512 SDRAM

HDD 80Gb

ETH RTL8139, Broadcom Wifi+Bluetooth

• 6 months later...
It definatly works in 10.4.1 as i have it and it worked.

It definatly doesn't work in 10.4.3 just yet,

A combined genius is working on it as we speak be patient the best thing come to those who wait....

What about MAC 10.4.5??? I am using it and i can't use the wireless. Please would somebody help? i am using HP Compaq nx9030 with Broadcom wireless device!

Thanx