• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

lunchandamovie

lunchandamovie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Has anyone put together a how-to on hackintoshes? Besides the first post, do we need front row installed? How about the whole watchdog issue and 'sedation'? I'm just really looking forward to this, and i haven't been able to find a sure answer...

That's a good idea. :( I have Front Row installed on my hackintosh, but so many files to put in so many places....i don't even know where to find this Finder.app from the appletv and patch everyone's talking about.

I just thought of something....could Windows run on Apple TV?

SaberSHO

SaberSHO

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 156 posts
EDIT:
yeah, i didnt read that right....my bad :\

Jeezoflip

Jeezoflip

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:Computers of course!

Are you serious?!?! seriously...think about that for about 5 seconds. Could Windows run a OS X app. Just think...im sure it will come to you eventually.....but if I were you, I would edit that post and remove that question and keep your good name intact.

he means natively running on the apple tv hardware. not windows running the apple tv software.

lunchandamovie

lunchandamovie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

he means natively running on the apple tv hardware. not windows running the apple tv software.

yes correct. lol check the date to the left. I've been here over a year :( I mean it should be able to since it does use Intel Pentinum. Of course NO ONE would ever consider such a thing, but it's a hypothetical "can it be done" question.

Andrewvideo

Andrewvideo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 132 posts
It's possable to use my USB Keyboard to AppleTV (On Hackintosh) so that can contol the menus etc,

tayklor

tayklor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I run finder.app with the cracked binary and I get this.

Attached Files

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
just FYI.. if you have trouble getting a hacked appletv to stream video which you think should be supported... install the latest perian beta :2cents:

worked for me. (ok, im a dumbass).

ErEr

ErEr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
My progress is below;

I have installed 2 frameworks then I installed patched front row ( finder ) in to core services than it quitted just after show the fameous start up screen.
Next I front row app from crimson's dmg installed into coreservices, then I saw start ap screen than I saw I tunes code screen.
Since I did not have a remote controller I installed BHolland's IRkeyboardEMU but no luck to control there after to be able to quit I installed a mouse mapper.

So does anyone has something / Some instructions of how to control it ?

Best regards,

phattyboombatty

phattyboombatty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
bump.

Still looking for a good method to control the interface via the Apple Remote. The IR Keyboard Emu seems a bit klugey--it controls every OS X app that is behind the AppleTV interface once ATV is started. Guess I need to play with that some more...

Also has anyone been able to get a full screen view of the ATV/backrow interface? I have an ATV screen that takes up about 2/3 of my 1366 x 768 HDTV monitor...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy