Input Remapper 1.0.03 Release

Beliyaal

27 posts in this topic

I originally posted this in the Windows forum. I missed this boot camp forum.

Since I posted this, I done a little work. Basically, it seems that input remapper (most current version) has a direct conflict with the new boot camp 1.3 keyboard backlight driver. Once installed, you will start to get a blinking light on the keyboard and eventually the keyboard goes out. There also may be an issue with the New Apple Brightness.exe which also loads. I had long ago disabled the older version of the brightness.exe that came with the earlier versions of boot camp as it caused me to come up and immediately reboot about 50% of the time.

I finally uninstalled the most current version of input remapper 1.0.03. but there were still some issues, so I reinstalled boot camp 1.3. This got me a more stable machine, however without input remapper, you can't control the fans in XP and you will start to overheat. Same old problem of the first version of boot camp on the macbook pro. I still need a solution to control the fans, as for now I am just booting into OSX, starting SMCfan control, then rebooting to XP. As long as you don't power off, the fans stay at the same speed you left them in OSX. It's still a major oversight on Apple's side as you can easily hit temps of 75 to 80 degrees C if you leave the machine on for over 1 1/2 hours with normal use. If are charging the battery it will get hotter sooner.

Hoping that the writer of input remapper sees this and can write a fix. I realize it's freeware but it's the only thing out there I know of that will control the fans in XP.

Thanks

Paul C

pcaldwe@hotmail.com

Original note contents below

I have a MBP, original series, July 2006. XP Pro Sv Pac 2.0 installed. On the Mac side I have 10.4.8.

I just ran the upgrade to boot camp 1.3 (mainly due to the constant trackpad issues of the earlier versions). I had left this issue alone since everything else worked and I didn't want to introduce anymore problems.

After the installation process, I was pleasantly surprised to see the machine come back up. So far the only issue I have is that there appears to be a conflict between input remapper and the keyboard backlighting (which Apple started supporting in boot camp 1.3). My version of input remapper is 0.1A which I am sure is older than the most current.

I hesitate to remove it since it's the only tool I have found that will control the fans on this machine. The fans IMO are critical and I don't want to lose that control if I upgrade to a more current version.

Does anyone have any ideas? or suggestions?

So far all else is working fine.

Thanks

Paul Caldwell

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, has Input Remapper stopped working with the new Santa Rosa based MBPs? I'm on one right now and none of the backlight/fan controls work at all, but the keyboard remapping does... am I just doing something wrong? Thanks.