HP nc8430 (just acquired, need to complete) EXPERIENCES HERE!

thevoiceover

59 posts in this topic

My experience for the NC8430 as a hackintosh is:

1 only one core

2 no wireless, workaround is to buy a supported one

3 Runs Hot, too hot for long term use

All in all, there are better laptops for this, I am now about to give up on the laptop hackintosh idea and get a real mac.

For me, hackintosh is great for desktops but not laptops, to many issues.

My 2 cents

Whats the verdict on the laptop? Considering trading a new Wii for one + some cash and would love to run OSX on it being a Dual Core with 4gb Ram.

Can I get QE/CI working with the ATI? Can I get both cores working AND the Wireless?

• 1 month later...
Hi!

I get my NW8440 ATI Mobility X1600 internal LCD is workin 1920x1200 QE/CI Resolution switch!!!!!

Also, Sound, Onboard LAN, PCCard, etc...

I use 10.5.5 All updates, Vanila kernel, others...

Thank you all the works, tips, etc... everyone!

I create a new topic soon and share my findings, modded kexts, etc...

Best Regards!

And sorry my english... :thumbsup_anim:

So Roberto, are you going to keep us waiting longer for your miracle solution? :hysterical:

To all others, what dist did work best for your nc8430 and what options did you pick?

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

i'm running iDeneb v4 10.5.6

my nc8430 LCD has a different high res than the rest of you(1280x800). I edit the EDID on the ATI INJECT,

but i only get some vertical black and white lines on the screen.

Anybody can help me?

thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all

Newbie here. I have and nc8430 with xp. I prepared the hard drive with diskpart. How do I get the nc8430 to boot from the Mac disk? I have 10.4 and 10.5. Do I need to install a bootloader? Do I need the uphuck iso?

Thanks in advance

• 6 months later...

Well I have OS X working on my nc8430. I am running 10.5.7 from the iATKOS v7 DVD. I have the video working via drivers found on this site. I got wireless working but only by using a Linksys USB network card.

No one found an Intel wireless driver? Seems odd as I have friends with Mac Minis and theirs are wireless intel built in.

• 1 month later...

How did you guys get osx running on your computer. I have the JaS 10.5.4 disk and when it goes to install it gives me a error. I am unser what options I need to select from the customize section. This is new to me so any elp would be great.

Specs

core 2 duo

1600 ati card

1.5g of memory